• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I have had a couple Colts that I would definitely put up to par with my Kimbers, but there again I think Colts are overpriced as well. Nothing wrong with being a fan boy. Best 1911 I own is a Wilson and I definitely over payed for that lol. To each their own.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    To me it looks like a Chiapa Rhino except the barrel is on top where it should be. I think I will just stick to S&W and Ruger for my revolver needs.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have had a couple Colts that I would definitely put up to par with my Kimbers, but there again I think Colts are overpriced as well. Nothing wrong with being a fan boy. Best 1911 I own is a Wilson and I definitely over payed for that lol. To each their own.

I wouldn't consider a wilson overpriced either, for the amount of gun you're getting... If anything they're the best bang for the buck in top end 1911s.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Smith & Ruger?

kimber-k6s-revolver-1.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Shiney. I kind of like it. If it has a slicked up 8-10 lb DAO trigger then they have a sellable product. Otherwise no reason not to buy a Smith.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Shiney. I kind of like it. If it has a slicked up 8-10 lb DAO trigger then they have a sellable product. Otherwise no reason not to buy a Smith.

The internal lock is plenty of reason not to buy a Smith. At least, not a new one.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The internal lock is plenty of reason not to buy a Smith. At least, not a new one.

Never had a problem with the internal lock myself, but I understand the sentiment. Dad was visiting with a respected revolver expert who witnesses 10s if not 100s of thousands of rounds a year go down range. He claims he has never seen the internal lock fail. Once he witnessed somebody only partially unlocking the gun. So the internal lock engagement issues seems to be a topic of Internet lore. Besides Smith offers revolvers without locks.

The Kimber kind of interests me. 23 oz, 10 lb trigger, what appears to be sights and 6 round capacity.

Kimber K6s Revolver

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A six-shot 642 wannabe in 357? I could see it selling well. I'm not sold on 357 out of a snubby, but I'd still be interested in it.

When I see a .357 snubby my first thought is the gun will have no problem handling any 38 special I want to throw at it. Otherwise I have no reason to shoot magnum loads.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Been googling this thing while waiting on the computer at work. $899 MSRP. Ouch! But supposedly made by Manurhin. That sounds cool. If the trigger is top notch and construction is heavy duty it might be worth the price.

Top Bottom