• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    I like new guns, and certainly a revolver from Kimber is very different, but I can't really get excited about it if it sells for $900. I think I'll pass on this expensive gun and stick with my Rugers.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I like the looks of it, but I would have to agree, at $900 I think I'll pass. I've never had a S&W fail me, so I really don't have any reason to believe that Kimber could be better than a S&W.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Is that a lock hole on the right side of the frame in front of and above the trigger!?

Smith & Ruger?

kimber-k6s-revolver-1.jpg

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    1. It's ugly.
    2. It's not going to be fun to shoot.
    3. It has no unique or interesting engineering aspects.
    4. It has no historical significance.
    5. It's not the type of gun I would carry (just saying that personally, not judging people who do, it would probably be a fine CC revolver)

Conclusion: I can always forgive point #1 if it scores highly on any one of the other 4 points, but it doesn't, so I have no use for this. An LCR would be cheaper, lighter, just as strong/useful, and is available in more calibers (including .327 Federal which gives you 1 extra shot while still having good terminal performance).

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    1. It's ugly.
    5. It's not the type of gun I would carry (just saying that personally, not judging people who do, it would probably be a fine CC revolver)

Conclusion: I can always forgive point #1 if it scores highly on any one of the other 4 points, but it doesn't, so I have no use for this. An LCR would be cheaper, lighter, just as strong/useful, and is available in more calibers (including .327 Federal which gives you 1 extra shot while still having good terminal performance).

The only thing it could have going is since it is a 6 shooter is, trying to win over those Capacity Kids, (you know they types that try and educate us old heads that like revolvers about capacity while they choose a Glock but also say a 7 or 8 shot Shield or 1911)!!!

I too will stick to a Ruger SP 101 or LCR.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Allen head screw for sideplate removable.

Exactly, and I really like this idea of a single Allen/hex screw for sideplate removal vs. S&W's 3-screw setup, which if you're not careful, provides 3x the opportunity to scratch something trying to remove the Loctite screws. Yep, masking tape is your friend!!

I've become a bit of a S&W snob with wheel guns over the last year, but I like that Kimber is introducing a new revolver with an albeit edgy, angular design. As I have slowly become a revolver nut, I like seeing that a manufacturer realizes there is enough of a market for new revolvers to invest R&D and production effort into bringing a new one to market.

Still waiting for S&W to come out with a 3" NM 66 Combat, or a 3 - 4" J/K frame 9mm revolver. Or a new "Classic" Model 19, that would be fantastic.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Exactly, and I really like this idea of a single Allen/hex screw for sideplate removal vs. S&W's 3-screw setup, which if you're not careful, provides 3x the opportunity to scratch something trying to remove the Loctite screws. Yep, masking tape is your friend!!

I would guess that there is 1 or 2 more screws under the grip.
    The socket head screws help with tear down and reduce the risk of scratching the gun. The biggest problem with this type of screw is overtighting and breaking the screw or stripping the threads out of the frame.

Kudos to Kimber for making the leap to revolvers in a more is better society.

Curious to get inside one and see what I can do with the trigger:whistle:.

Gun looks slightly smaller than a K frame and is supposed to be all steel. Find it hard to believe it weighs 23 ounces.

Really like the looks of the sights.

Can't wait to see one in person.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    1. It's ugly.

Really? I think it is kind of classy. Grips need some character but otherwise

23 oz gun with 38 special wadcutters would be fun on the range. .357 would not be cool. But the weight should help tame recoil.

I think the trigger system is supposed to be something a bit different.

sure but neither does any of my other guns.

I carry a snubby revolver all the time. Not my first choice but compared to other pocket rockets a good one. 6 rounds of +P is quite a handful of firepower. Definately enough to compete with the small 9mm pistols.

Here will be the make it or break it for Kimber. Smith J frames and Ruger LCR are entrenched in the industry and proven designs with a $400 street price. Can Kimber compete with the Pro Series guns?

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    I will be purchasing one for sure been waiting for something just like this. Hoping they roll out a 3 inch exposed hammer model as well. Something is just off about the 5 shot revolvers :dunno:

Top Bottom