• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I agree with everything that has been posted by Mvician (no surprise there :D) Here is my idea of a KISS rifle with only accessories that are necessary to ME and the tasks that I ask of the rifle.
    87b9eb19.jpg

Hap Hazard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    The only thing you need besides good iron sights is light. One set of batteries to worry about is enough. Yeah......I know...... 10 million hours from the batteries.....IRONS and white light: thats it!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    :dunno: I really can't see my irons quickly outside in the dark even with a light, an AimPoint red dot is easy to see :D

Have you thought about an illuminated front sight post? I just put an XS illuminated post on my AR and its awesome.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Have you thought about an illuminated front sight post? I just put an XS illuminated post on my AR and its awesome.

I have 4 AR's with some sort of tritium FSP. XS 24/7 Big Dot, TruGlo TFO, and a couple of Trijicons. so ya I've tried them. :D

Still nothing beats a red dot for quick acquisition in darkness.

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    When it comes to ARs, people who usually go around talking about KISS rifles are sending the message that "I have no training, and I don't intend on getting training at any point in the future. I feel I know all there is to know about firearms in general because I own a few and I've even been to the range a couple of times. I'm an NRA member and that makes me an expert in the field. I usually open carry because I enjoy being VERY vocal about my second amendment right in public any time someone looks at me oddly for carrying. KISS rifles? Yeah, I'm sure a Vietnam Era configuration is PERFECTLY acceptable for today's gunfighter."

My advice, get a bare bones Tier 1 gun. BCM, DD, Colt, Noveske, and LMT are all safe choices. Buy nothing but pmags and ammo until you can make it to a PROPER training course. Good instructors will have different mounts and optics for you to T&E, some have slings and other kit. Don't build or buy a weapon simply based on your perception of needs, go out and understand your needs before you spend money.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Most that I've heard of espousing KISS principal ARs are those that have already been through one of those courses or combat. The only folks I know that hang all the extra junk on their rifles are newbs or mall ninjas.

And their are only 2 teir 1 manufacturers of complete rifles, Colt and FN. Well, KAC may fit in there now with the M110 SASS. Nothing wrong with the others you mentioned but they do not have the full TDP.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    When it comes to ARs, people who usually go around talking about KISS rifles are sending the message that "I have no training, and I don't intend on getting training at any point in the future. I feel I know all there is to know about firearms in general because I own a few and I've even been to the range a couple of times. I'm an NRA member and that makes me an expert in the field. I usually open carry because I enjoy being VERY vocal about my second amendment right in public any time someone looks at me oddly for carrying. KISS rifles? Yeah, I'm sure a Vietnam Era configuration is PERFECTLY acceptable for today's gunfighter."

Soaking wet in FAIL, and once they got the bugs worked out the M16A1 was a fell of a rifle and I knew many of "today's gunfighters" who would have prefered a full auto over a burst. I sure would have back in the day. I also think the Garand is still one heck of a weapon as well as the M14. Those were pretty simple guns and I'd hate to go up against the guys who knew how to use them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom