• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Just got back a few minutes ago. This was my first time and I will definitely be back! Didn't buy a whole lot at the show, but did pick up some Lake City 7.62x51, a couple of 50 cal ammo cans and a t-shirt. After leaving we stopped in at Falls City and had a nice visit with Rick and got to meet johntheplinker. Picked up a neat Turkish Mauser short rifle from Rick too. While we were at the shop, the Blue Angels were flying maneuvers overhead, practicing (I assume) for Thunder over Louisville tomorrow. So let's see... got to see a bunch of cool old guns, watch a bunch of people shoot machine guns, hang out at one of my favorite gun shops and watch the Blue Angels. Doesn't get much better than that! :rockwoot:

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Just got back a few minutes ago. This was my first time and I will definitely be back! Didn't buy a whole lot at the show, but did pick up some Lake City 7.62x51, a couple of 50 cal ammo cans and a t-shirt. After leaving we stopped in at Falls City and had a nice visit with Rick and got to meet johntheplinker. Picked up a neat Turkish Mauser short rifle from Rick too. While we were at the shop, the Blue Angels were flying maneuvers overhead, practicing (I assume) for Thunder over Louisville tomorrow. So let's see... got to see a bunch of cool old guns, watch a bunch of people shoot machine guns, hang out at one of my favorite gun shops and watch the Blue Angels. Doesn't get much better than that! :rockwoot:

Nice meeting you! And you're right, it doesn't get any much better!

Oh, and your Canadian accent is barely noticable!:):

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    . While we were at the shop said:
    It was my understanding that Rick pulled some strings with the Navy and got a Private Show over his shop today.. At first I found it hard to believe One guy has that much pull, but you know Falls City Firearms has some unreal connections So I would not be surprised...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Great day for any gun lover! Spent 4 1/2 hours there, got there at 7:30am. Picked up some Vietnam era AR goodies I have been wanting, and some patches. :) Also stopped by Rick's after the shoot, and met Jontheplinker as well. And saw Cabela's for the firsr time. Awesome day!!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was my understanding that Rick pulled some strings with the Navy and got a Private Show over his shop today.. At first I found it hard to believe One guy has that much pull, but you know Falls City Firearms has some unreal connections So I would not be surprised...

It was very nice of Rick to arrange that for us Canadian emissaries!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Great day for any gun lover! Spent 4 1/2 hours there, got there at 7:30am. Picked up some Vietnam era AR goodies I have been wanting, and some patches. :) Also stopped by Rick's after the shoot, and met Jontheplinker as well. And saw Cabela's for the firsr time. Awesome day!!!!

I heard that we missed you yesterday. Hopefully another time!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C

Nice meeting you! Also good to be able to put a face to a name.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    -The crowd seemed to be a bit light for a typical KCR MG shoot
    -23 cents a pop for 7.62x39
    -30 cents a pop for 9mm
    -28-35 cents a pop for 5.56
    -Small pistol and small rifle primers for $160
    -All the powder was gone by the time I got there
    -The vendor barn was expanded and is now connected to the range house
    -James Yeager and Co were there

Last edited:

Incubus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    West Central IN
    I hadn't been since Fall of '12. Like someone said, I thought attendance seemed light. They built onto the shop but the new room was empty. It was however air conditioned which was nice because it got a little warm. There was a nice tribute to "Sarge" and the explosion during the Star Spangled Banner before the first round of the night shoot caught me off guard. Overall a decent day.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Was there Friday, some deals were there, some not.

Powder was there on Friday but to be honest, it looked like stuff they pulled out of 15 year storage. I know the place gets dusty with the gravel, but the powder bottles looked like storage dust and the labels were old school too.

Weather was beautiful, glad I missed Yeager. I'm sure they had all those damn guntucky cameras on him.

Loved the way they redid the bridge and hill

Only thing I bought in the show was a AK PMAG, first time I had seen them

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hadn't been since Fall of '12. Like someone said, I thought attendance seemed light. They built onto the shop but the new room was empty. It was however air conditioned which was nice because it got a little warm. There was a nice tribute to "Sarge" and the explosion during the Star Spangled Banner before the first round of the night shoot caught me off guard. Overall a decent day.

That explosion before the Friday morning shoot got my attention too! We were right next to the fence and you could feel the heat wave from it. :rockwoot:

Mosineer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    That explosion before the Friday morning shoot got my attention too! We were right next to the fence and you could feel the heat wave from it. :rockwoot:

Whew!!! We must have been just feet from you, a little closer to the flag pole. From the number of "colorful metaphors" mumbled around us, I would say like me, didn't see that coming from that close.:): Very enjoyable 5 hrs. Bought a few smalls and a 40 rd. AK mag nothing big, but well worth the admission fee and will go again (as per weather dictates):)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

Yea man!! We were against the fence in front of the flag pole, whew! Anybody else enjoy watching the gattling gun, black powder and cool! I heard Hickok45 was there Saturday also but IDK for sure. I thought it was light Friday until we were leaving, it was a great day!:yesway:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Either Fort Knox was having a party with tanks, or Knob Creek was having a good time, because I woke up to some loud explosions this morning in Elizabeth Indiana. Heard quite a bit last night too before all the Thunder fireworks.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yea man!! We were against the fence in front of the flag pole, whew! Anybody else enjoy watching the gattling gun, black powder and cool! I heard Hickok45 was there Saturday also but IDK for sure. I thought it was light Friday until we were leaving, it was a great day!:yesway:

We were between the outside exit to the cafeteria and the entrance to the area where most of the ammo tents were. I'd really like to make a night shoot. May have to plan a little camping trip for the fall event!

fraige1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Crane
    Yea i saw hickok there again this year. saturday though i was walking around in the main vendor area and im about 90% positive i saw Flem from sons of guns. looked just like him and sounded just like him. we just got some small stuff too. shirts, hat, patches stuff and the obligatory event shirt.

Top Bottom