Lets work together to get a gunsmithing forum.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Lets get making some threads.... there have been some threads made, but i dont think there have been enough. I am working on one now but its a LOOONG job and is consuming ALL of my free time. after that i have two more or so in the works.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The mods have stated that if we want one of these we need show the demand for it. I really like the idea, but they are not going to create the forum just for me. So ingo, lets make a statement and make some gunsmithin threads. Doesnt have to be much, or technical or detailed, just title your thread with Gunsmithing: insert title here. or Gunsmithing: insert question here.

Here are my contributions so far. If we want this subforum to happen, we need to do our part and make these threads.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../195093-gunsmithing_machining_a_dovetail.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...95177-gunsmithing_cleaning_up_an_old_gun.html

I'm not qualified to share any trade secrets for sure, but this is definitely something that would be SUPER useful. I am a member on a motorcycle forum and the "How to" portion of the forum is awesome and so useful for new members.

Simply things like "How to properly change your oil" are some of the most useful posts.....

I'd love to fall on some "How to modify your 10/22" threads.... and yes... I know about rimfirecentral.com but I am not a member so I don't get the chance to ask questions and I like you people better, so if I have questions I'd prefer to ask them here. :D:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I'm not qualified to share any trade secrets for sure, but this is definitely something that would be SUPER useful. I am a member on a motorcycle forum and the "How to" portion of the forum is awesome and so useful for new members.

Simply things like "How to properly change your oil" are some of the most useful posts.....

I'd love to fall on some "How to modify your 10/22" threads.... and yes... I know about rimfirecentral.com but I am not a member so I don't get the chance to ask questions and I like you people better, so if I have questions I'd prefer to ask them here. :D:

start a thread.....i'll help ya..

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I agree with most of you. This site is big enough that we should be able to get together some at least common type stuff (10/22, AR, AK) fix/build/repair discussion. There has to be some weaponsguild or weaponeer people on here! :)

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I've made a spring guide for my Mauser pistol and a sear pin for an old single shot .22, both from scratch. Does that count?
    I didnt take any pictures though, didnt think about it at the time.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I'll put together a 1911 5" kimber take down...that should be a start.

I've made a spring guide for my Mauser pistol and a sear pin for an old single shot .22, both from scratch. Does that count?
    I didnt take any pictures though, didnt think about it at the time.

ONLY counts if you start a thread titled GUNSMITHING and make a post about it.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I'm not a gunsmith and I don't play one on TV but I'd like to have a gunsmithing Forum. I'm pretty handy with some of my own projects but I've needed help in the past when I would get stuck and not know how to proceed. There could be a FAQ at the top of the forum with some of the most asked questions and a section with tips on common fixes and mods. I'd love to be able to read on modding the 10/22 or bedding a rifle action without searching other Sites. Anyway.... I'd like to see it happen. :twocents:

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I will be doing a project in the next couple weeks. I will post it up. I assume post it in the general firearms discussion?

I can answer machining questions. No problem there.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I will be doing a project in the next couple weeks. I will post it up. I assume post it in the general firearms discussion?

I can answer machining questions. No problem there.

Answering questions doesnt do the effort any good, we need threads started.

the mods have said when their are enough threads to warrent its own section, it will be created.

There are ALOT of people wanting the section, so there should be ALOT of threads started.

Top Bottom