Lets work together to get a gunsmithing forum.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I am in.

I have posted a few things in the past about changing sights, a current HP sear issue, etc.

If a gunsmith forum was started, folks would post in it, you can be sure of that!

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    I am planning a Fall and Winter project. A take down and refinishing of my Lee enfield. If there is a bump in the road, it would be nice not to have to search far and wide for an answer.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Lovely idea. Many of us on limited budgets need to do our own work and some of us actually really enjoy it. I think it would be a very popular section.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I actually think it would be a very good subforum. Even those of us who don't smith ourselves could benefit by seeing what others are doing or have had done, and may want to get something similar done in the future.

I generally don't like a ton of subforums like GT has for example, but seems like a gunsmithing subforum would be a great use of forum real estate.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    I think getting various build partys together would be really cool. I know ak build party's have been done (and have been fun), but I'd LOVE to see a sten, ppsh43, kp44 build party!

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Why do we not have this yet? With the new forum change this would have been the perfect addition. I don't understand why the admins seem to completely ignore this subject.

Reller39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Stendal
    Yes some where to bounce ideas or get answers. Even find someone who could do work til I can. Have good job already but enjoy guns so much thought gun smithing would make great side work and early retirement job

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Believe it or not, Fenway has some pretty good experience running forums. I know some disagree with some of his decisions, but there are not many gun forums that have been in existence for five years with steady growth. Much of that growth and what keeps some coming back is the site is not cluttered and hard to navigate. It may seem simple to just format another forum, but what does that look like? Will there be a Gun Smithing forum with sub-forums for handguns and another for rifles? What will be discussed that cannot simply be placed within the existing forums? Would a simple question about 1911 sights be considered Gun Smithing forum material or can it just stay in the Handgun forum?

As I explained to IndyGunworks about a week ago, Fenway has scheduled a retreat with the mod staff and I planned to ask him to add this to the agenda to be discussed.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Believe it or not, Fenway has some pretty good experience running forums. I know some disagree with some of his decisions, but there are not many gun forums that have been in existence for five years with steady growth. Much of that growth and what keeps some coming back is the site is not cluttered and hard to navigate. It may seem simple to just format another forum, but what does that look like? Will there be a Gun Smithing forum with sub-forums for handguns and another for rifles? What will be discussed that cannot simply be placed within the existing forums? Would a simple question about 1911 sights be considered Gun Smithing forum material or can it just stay in the Handgun forum?

As I explained to IndyGunworks about a week ago, Fenway has scheduled a retreat with the mod staff and I planned to ask him to add this to the agenda to be discussed.

Don't be ridiculous Que, a question about 1911 sights goes in the "Accessories and Gear" forum. :n00b:

Discuss firearms accessories such as holsters, sights, optics, slings, cleaning kits, etc.
    :p

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I think on almost ANY topic you would have a choice of at least two forums to place it in. With your proposed question it could be general, hanguns, or parts and accessories... I think it depends on the question. If asking about a brand or laser sight or seeking reccomendations I would put it in parts and accessories. If asking about sights that be somewhat specific to handguns I could put it there. If asking about STYLE of sights I might be able to go general. if asking about installation it would go in the gunsmithing forum. and of course if I am making a joke about sights I could put it in the break room. But if its the gov't trying to ban a certain kind of sight I could put it in the 2nd amendment legistlation forum.

Top Bottom