0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    Does anyone know the hours or a working phone number to:

C.N.I Inc.
    Guns, Bait, Tackle and Indoor Range
    21 N. Court Street
    Crown Point, IN

I have heard great things about the guy there and that there is a small range that I am hoping to find out about tomorrow on my day off. I have found 3 phone numbers to them on the internet and none of them work.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    CNI is closed for business. IIRC, the owner retired a few months ago and decided to close up shop.

squarepeg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Lake County
    Bummer, I guess I am down to Debs of Blythes for indoor ranges tomorrrow.

Does anyone know how strict Debs is with their per hour use of the lanes? I am planning on going shooting tomorrow daytime. I don't want to find out I shoot for 70 minutes and they charge me for 2 hours.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Does anyone from the New Castle area know if Wilbur Wright has any target restrictions (reactive targets, steel knockdown targets, etc.) Also, any recommendation for a range in the muncie area?

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Roby’s Bullseye Outdoors

Can anyone tell me if I can shoot a 30 carbine at Roby’s Bullseye Outdoors in Kokomo?

ElkhartGunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Eklhart
    in the elkhart county area i go to midwest gun exchange. its an indoor range and cost $10 per hour but they dont watch the clock unless lots of people want to shoot. its ventilated and always a comfy 70 degrees inside. heres there info if your in the area or visiting
    Midwest Gun Exchange
    128 Rush Ct.
    Elkhart IN 46516
    574-293-2030
    Midwest Gun and Range - Home

mavisky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Greater Atlanta Area
    Fort Wayne has a couple

H&H Firearms on Coliseum is an indoor pistol range and maybe small caliber rifle

Isaak Walton on the NE side of town has rifle, pistol, and traps

In Garret there's a small one at the interstion os US-8 and IN-327. Never been there though.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ceraland Park
    Columbus, IN

Ceraland.org - Facilities

Concerning Ceraland- according to their website it looks like you have to be a paid member and have gone thru a training session before you can shoot on the range without being accompanied by their range officer? :dunno: Can you confirm this? Sounds like a whole lot of hoops to jump thru for a day at the range.

9rows

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Concerning Ceraland- according to their website it looks like you have to be a paid member and have gone thru a training session before you can shoot on the range without being accompanied by their range officer? :dunno: Can you confirm this? Sounds like a whole lot of hoops to jump thru for a day at the range.

not worth a long drive, but if a guy was relatively local it is another option

i am a member already

never taken a class there

never been hassled

ymmv

bnax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    South Eastern Indiana
    Coonhunters club

Anyone know of any in SE Indy?
    The 2 I know of is Coonhunters Club inside Batesville, but requires membership and very limited access. Another is in Greensburg, but also requires a membership and limited access.
    I really hate progress, use to be when I was younger(Im 38), there were plenty of open cornfields to shoot in. Now it's someones backyard!

I've been a member there for the last 5 years my dad has since been sine the 60's. I think its the 2nd or 3rd Thursday of the month when they have there meetings. You can join and get a key then or at any shoot they have. The shots are normally on Sundays though the fall and winter.

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Where would you guys recommend we go around the Indy area. I'm actually in Avon, IN but will travel to a good range that rents guns to shoot. Please don't say Dons guns :noway:

I'd like to take my wife to shoot durring an afternoon but we'd like to try out a few different guns.

PM me if you don't mind.

Thanks
    Smitty

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    1. Pop Guns at Washington & Post rents guns to shoot on their range, though on Saturdays I'd recommend getting there by 10:30 am if you don't want to wait for an hour. Indoor range is nothing special, handguns & 22 rifles only and some of the shooters aren't what I'd call safety-oriented. But they do rent 1911s, Glocks, revolvers, 22 automatics, etc.

2. Been to Atterbury outdoor range - very nice. 7, 15, 25, 50 and 100 yard ranges, 30 lanes or so and as far as I could tell if you can carry it to a lane you can shoot it tho I didn't see any rocket launchers :). NRA qualified range officer, shoot house with ammo and targets for sale, etc. If I recall right, it's $15.00 per person - shoot for 20 minutes, cease fire for 5-10 minutes with no touching of unloaded weapons and open actions so people can retrieve targets and place new ones, shoot 20 more minutes, etc. Of course if you can't shoot and hit one of the concrete baffles that are about 15 feet off the ground it costs $65! Also have separate trap & skeet range. Training, scheduled events, blah blah....see

www.atterburyshootingrange.com

3. Wyatt's in Cicero is ALMOST finished with their indoor range (March?) which is going to be one of the nicest indoor ranges around, or so I hear.

4. Most places around here aren't free - no big surprise, hard to find free ranges just like it's hard to find free lunch/gas/beer/etc. It costs money to repair damage caused by idiots, clean up brass, ammo boxes, targets, coffee cups, soda cans and all that, plus private ranges are carrying liability insurance costs out the wazoo. That's life in Indiana in the 21st century.

Top Bottom