• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Eagle Creek is nice. $20 to shoot from 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday only. No long guns except .22
    Has anyone gone to the Danville Conservation Club? One of the guys at Eagle Creek said dont go. Old Guy Nazi's. Too many stupid rules. And not consistent on what you can and cannot shoot. I just got a Mosin Nagant and need somewhere to shoot it. Thanks.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    know anything about public range in Rockville?

I have googled and found Rock Run Range in Rockvile Indiana and it says it is a public access rifle range. The problem is that they only post their P.O. box # as their address so I cannot find it on Google earth or mapquest. I am from the general area and go back every now and then. If anyone knows anything about the place I would love to hear about it.:dunno:

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    +1 for Eagle Creek range, hadn't been there in more years than I care to remember, so I loaded up the wife this morning and we went shooting.
    Met Steve one of the range officers..+1

jerico616

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver club has a great outdoor range just Northeast of Fort Wayne. They have 5 pistol bays (2 are public use and 3 are public use only if a range officer is present), 25, 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard ranges and they allow trap and skeet. You must be a member to shoot there and need an endorsement from an existing member to join. Yearly fees are only $60 and you can shoot just about anything.

If anyone is interested and want to check it out, send me a message and I'll see what i can do.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Has anyone gone to the Danville Conservation Club? One of the guys at Eagle Creek said dont go. Old Guy Nazi's. Too many stupid rules. And not consistent on what you can and cannot shoot.

Just joined out there. Nice little range (4 lanes). I believe you can shoot about anything other than full-auto (slow fire only, 3 seconds). It is a private club (not open to the public), but check it out for yourself:

Danville Conservation Club

I'm sure your Mosin would be welcome!

briand212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Putnam County IN
    Danville Conservation Club.
    I was a member up until the first of the year.. (was out of the country until april ) but i am planning on rejoining

The Pro's
    Resonable yearly membership
    Nice range out to 100 yards
    a pond to fish
    nice clubhouse with VERY resonable rates to rent !!
    smallbore silhouette shoots
    I believe they also have a bow range with a tower to shoot from
    they hold cookouts and a christmas party
    Did not have any problems shooting my AR

the not so pro
    a lot of houses very close to the club
    The lake did have a problem with the Damn,( not sure where that stands now)
    as of last year did not have a shotgun range. (again not sure where that stands now)

Keep in mind it is a slow fire range .. and that is strickly enforced

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Nappanee Conservation Club
    13958 Gravelton rd
    PO box 311
    Nappanee IN 46550

The club it just off county road 13 just south of state road 6
    Membership is only $40/year but you need to attend two meetings to join, 4th Thursday of the month

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    in the elkhart county area i go to midwest gun exchange. its an indoor range and cost $10 per hour but they dont watch the clock unless lots of people want to shoot. its ventilated and always a comfy 70 degrees inside. heres there info if your in the area or visiting
    Midwest Gun Exchange
    128 Rush Ct.
    Elkhart IN 46516
    574-293-2030
    Midwest Gun and Range - Home

Their range will be closed 7/4-712 for remodeling. Also the Elkhart location(where the range is) is closed on Sundays for the Summer, except on 6/27 for the sale.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    To those of you in Greenwood - Where do you usually go? I'd prefer to do something outdoors... but I guess my first shooting experience can be at an indoor range. Probably bring a friend along.

What sorts of expenses should I expect?

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    Going to be camping down at Clifty sometime soon. Any ranges around Hanover/Madison that anyone would recommend ? Pistol and rifle please.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Quakertown (Brookville Lake) Best Kept Secret!

I've been to this range a few times now. North end of Brookville Lake. Cross the Dunlapsville Road causeway just on the west side. Entrance to the Quakertown Rec area. The range is free but the gate fee is $4, and $5 on the weekend.

Jim Larkin is the rangemaster and runs a strict, but very friendly range. Paper targets only. 25 to 100 yard covered ranges. Nice benches. Clean up after yourself...(Don't worry, Jim will remind you!:D)

Was just there today. This range facility needs more use. Jim tells me that the big DNR cheeses are looking for places to cut $$$. He's run this range for a few years now and has really cleaned it up and done much of the repair work. I said I would pay to shoot in addition to the $4 entry fee if that would keep it open.

My work takes me out to the Brookville-Connersville area so it has been a nice place to shoot at the end of the day. I'm still an hour and a half from Indy when it's time for me to leave, but that's not too bad. There is a nice beach area just a few yards down the road in the rec area. I thought I could bring the wifey and kids. Shoot a little, swim a little, chill out at the beach, have a picnic, everybody happy..Sounds fun.

Anyway, check it out!

Pappy

Top Bottom