• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I've been going to the Kingsbury FWA range. $4 for the day and the had several 25 yard pistol, several 50 yard rifle, and a couple 100 yard rifle. They also have a clay shooting area. The Range master, John, everytime I've been there has been a good person to work with and ask questions of. I'm a fairly new shooter. It's a nice clean, safe, a decent place to shoot.

Professor Thump

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Indy
    Danville Conservation Club.
    I was a member up until the first of the year.. (was out of the country until april ) but i am planning on rejoining

The Pro's
    Resonable yearly membership
    Nice range out to 100 yards
    a pond to fish
    nice clubhouse with VERY resonable rates to rent !!
    smallbore silhouette shoots
    I believe they also have a bow range with a tower to shoot from
    they hold cookouts and a christmas party
    Did not have any problems shooting my AR

the not so pro
    a lot of houses very close to the club
    The lake did have a problem with the Damn,( not sure where that stands now)
    as of last year did not have a shotgun range. (again not sure where that stands now)

Keep in mind it is a slow fire range .. and that is strickly enforced

Danville is a well managed range. There are rules but nothing unreasonable.

Lebanon also has a conservation league. They have a 150 Yd Rifle Range and several pistol ranges down to 25 Yds. There is also Trap shooting 3rd Sunday of each month through November. And a fishing pond. The fee is $70 dollars and they give you a key to the pend areas of activities.

Contact Heildi Purdue at: 765-482-3433

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I will be start going to Mitchell's Outdoor Sportman Club. Kind of small but you can drive all the way down to park behind where you shoot. That's good enough for me since I don't have to carry all my stuff down the hill. It's a member only club but pretty cheap to join. Not as cheap as some but $65 to start and $40 to renew is cheap enough for me. They have 25, 50, and 100 yards. You can bring any targets you want as long as they won't start a fire or damage their mowing equipment.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The Indiana government website says there's a shooting range in the Clark State Forest in Henryville. I had heard somewhere that it is/has been closed due to some kind of renovation in the park. Does anyone know if this range is still available?
    As of mid-July, it was open. I think they were doing some work on the dam next to it.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    Ranges in SE Indiana

:yesway: +1 for Quakertown. I live in Lawrenceburg and after checking out the nearby Indiana ranges, I joined Fairfield Sportsmans Club in Ohio. I go there at least once a week. It is the closest, about 20 miles. When I shoot high power rifle, I prefer Quakertown, about 45 miles. Sometimes I go to Crosley, about 55 miles.

Paul

Fireman85

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    The Atterbury gun range is public and a very nice gun range. They just redid it about 3 years ago and did a great job on it.

Colt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Dearborn County
    SE Indiana seems to be a little light on shooting ranges, but we are blessed with one outstanding facility which I don't think has been mentioned anywhere above (unless I missed it),the NMLRA Walter Cline range in Friendship. It requires membership and is limited to muzzle loading rifles or related firearms.

Paul

gunfun101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Pro-Tech Academy in Brazil, IN has 10yd, 25yd,50yd,100yd,200yd and 300yd targets. $20/yr. How can u beat that!!

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I helped Stan today for the re-stocking of Applied Ballistics in the old Flat Creek indoor range.He and Dave S. are shooting (pun!) for an opening close to Christmas.Walls knocked out/removed for more retail space.New paint and shelving.Nice classroom for seminars or a place to meet for a non-profit group/LEO training.

Please look for the Grand Opening soon!!!

Applied Ballistics
    3217 Olympia Dr.
    Lafayette, IN 47909

Last edited:
    Top Bottom