• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I know you have already found one, but I will still add my .02 I bought a flipeside wallet about 6 months ago. Flipside Wallet™- The Wallet Has Evolved. RFID After getting over the "where am I going to put all this crap" from my last wallet I have not looked back. I will note although I have heard of people keeping it in their back pocket. I carry in my strong side front pocket

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I carry a fossil bi-fold with a slide out ID holder that had space for other cards and cash. So if you want to just carry that part you can and leave the rest in the car. Although I don't do this it is a nice option.

I tried a money clip but didn't like that sometime when I pulled it out of my pocket things would catch on my pocket and fall out.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    UPDATE:

So I've tried the thin leather money clip wallet.

I've tried the Jimi Wallet.

During my wife's recent trip to San Diego, she picked me up a thin synthetic card holder called a Big Skinny Mini-Skinny Card Case.

Open-sided Mini Skinny Card Case

So far I like it! Its very VERY thin and holds all my essentials very securely. Although I did like how rugged the Jimi Wallet was, I like that the Big Skinny is flexible. It allows it to fit in my pocket better, especially if its sharing the space with keys or anything else.

This model has an open inside space that holds folded bills very securely. On one side it has a clear window that allows my driver's license to be seen without removing it. On the other side there is just enough space for my debit card, credit card, LTCH, and insurance card.

I didn't realize just how THIN it was until I compared it to the Jimi Wallet, which I thought was already super thin!

THIS is what I've been looking for. Special thanks goes to Digital_Photog, who recommended Big Skinny wallets earlier in this thread. :yesway:

ddnkeu.jpg

33cy8o8.jpg

9qwj9d.jpg

30d88bn.jpg

9qw8z8.jpg

z1xj6.jpg

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Am I the only one whos LTCH is about a half inch longer than a credit card so it wont fit well in a wallet? I see the one above fits perfectly....jealous...

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Am I the only one whos LTCH is about a half inch longer than a credit card so it wont fit well in a wallet? I see the one above fits perfectly....jealous...

Most people get it copied and reduce the size at the same time, that way it will fit into a wallet.

That, or you just have a tiny wallet. :D

On another note..
    I've been using one of those as seen on TV alumna wallets for a couple months. I'm still not sold on the concept, and thinking of going back to my docker. Its too much of a hassle to fold money twice before shoving it into the cheapo plastic dividers. I like the stability of it, but I feel like I'm going to dump it all out when I open it up.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I rock a Coach money clip that my girlfriend bought for me. I love the money clip, I forget that I have it in my back pocket.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ok, Ill admit, Im a copy cat.

I bought a Jimi wallet, and received it yesterday.

Today is the beginning of full fledged testing! So far I like it. I can fit everything I "need", but I still have to keep a regular wallet for everything else I 'want'.

Ok I figured I would post an update on my Jimi wallet experience.

I have been carrying my jimi wallet every day since I received it on Jan 9, 2012. Since today is June 9, 2012 I figured I would post a 5 month review. Here is a picture of my standard load out:

jimi1.JPG

jimi2.JPG

This includes the following:

(Right side)
    1) IN Drivers license
    2) discount card from my son's school
    3) any receipts I get through the day. I keep all my receipts and use them to balance my account. I can usually get 4 or 5 receipts in here if there is no cash.
    4) some cash, this isn't typical, but it was in there today. Usually just one or two bills folded.

(Left side)
    5) IN LTCH. This is standard size, laminated, and trimmed down as much as possible. It does fit, but curls the very end just a bit when you close the wallet.
    6) Utah license
    7) insurance card for the vehicle I usually drive every day. This is a very thin card.
    8) sears gift card
    9) gas gift card from work. Not usually in here but it has been for the last month or so.
    10) my normal credit card
    11) my normal debit card

Yup, you can fit a LOT in the jimi wallet. I do occasionally run into issues with trying to get to much into the wallet, and this is usually because I keep all my receipts to balance my accounts. If I get a lot of receipts it gets to where it wont close, or gets hard to close.

Ive carried this every day for 6 months now and have no regrets. This will fit everything I need for 99% of my daily routines. For those 1% issues, well I do keep my old bi-fold wallet with some cards and things in it I might need, but I rarely do. The wallet fits great in my front pocket, and has taken all the abuse I could throw at it. It has developed a couple of stress cracks in the corners near the hinge point which have been there for 3 or 4 months now and have not grown in length at all. I think they are either from me dropping it, or forcing it closed a few times with to much inside.

The one thing that concerned me when I got the wallet was the hinge material is molded as part of the wallet, so it is just very thin flexible plastic that allows the wallet to open/hinge at 2 specific points. So far it looks as good as it did when I bought it 6 months ago. Even with repeated daily openings the latch mechanism (which is also all part of the same molded piece) is in good shape. The very edges show wear, but the majority looks fine.

I did use (for a very brief time) the "Aluma-Wallet". My wife saw it at Walmart one day and since it was very similar in size to the jimi wallet, she picked it up for me. It has one fault, but for me one major fault. Anytime I would drop it, the wallet would open up, and spill the contents out. Depending on how it hit, this could be as easy as just picking up a small pile, OR if it hits something funny, it will flip your junk everywhere.

Anyway, I will continue to use the jimi wallet every day and report back after another few months on my progress.

thanks!
    Clay

Last edited:

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Ok I figured I would post an update on my Jimi wallet experience.

I have been carrying my jimi wallet every day since I received it on Jan 9, 2012. Since today is June 9, 2012 I figured I would post a 6 month review.
    ...snipped

[/whisper voice on]
    Bro, that would be five months, not six...:D Just sayin'.
    [whisper voice off]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Small update on the Big Skinny wallet:

My wife and I spent yesterday out at Holiday World and Splashin' Safari. The Big Skinny was AWESOME for the water park. Rather than leave my wallet in a locker, I was able to carry it with me the entire time-- even while swimming and riding the water slides. At the end of the day I simply removed the contents and propped the wallet open where it could dry out. Today its just like new!

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I just saw this thread and it makes me sad. I saw the link for the saddleback leather wallet from this thread and bought one.

They are awesome and the patina they get just does stirs something primal in me. I lost mine about a month ago and have been using a cheapie so far. I hope to get a new saddleback for fathers day if my hints worked.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I followed a similar path:

Tri-fold - too bulky

Bi-fold - better but eventually still bulky

Bi-fold Combo - Christmas present (see details)

The good:

Traditional bi-fold with pull-out ID section. Instead of just a window for the ID, this wallet has a smaller leather bi-fold section (double window) just big enough to hold ID (with health insurance card behind it) and credit card (with car insurance/ trimmed LTCH) with cash tucked in it.

The entire wallet goes with me, but when I can leave the larger wallet part in the car and pull-out (ID-CC-Ins-LTCH) and easily slip this in my front pocket.

The bad:

This was a Christmas gift from my wife and was purchased from Brighton. Two-tone leather (both parts) and a matching belt (I use and like this more than I thought).

Top Bottom