Looks like I'm moving to Terre Haute in a few weeks...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    but I don't know almost anything about the city. Are there any specific areas I should not want to move to? Also we've been looking at places to rent online, but we have a puggle and most places seem not to be dog friendly. Does anyone know about anywhere that might be ok with a small dog? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Zak

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    but I don't know almost anything about the city. Are there any specific areas I should not want to move to? Also we've been looking at places to rent online, but we have a puggle and most places seem not to be dog friendly. Does anyone know about anywhere that might be ok with a small dog? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Zak

I don't know anything about Terre Haute in particular, but as for the dog, I have a suggestion. When the lady and I were looking at places to rent, many of the places said they were not dog friendly in the listings. I suggest asking anyway, because most of the landlords we asked said dogs are ok, either with an addendum, pet deposit/rent, or both, even though the listing said no dogs.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I personally avoid areas that flood (the bowl of TH specifically, from Maragaret to Walmart on 41), Post some specific addresses and I will tell you if I would move there. I won't live in crap, but don't need luxury. Avoid Greenbriar Apartments, I lived there for four years, it flooded in 2008 (rare but you never know when a flood of 2008 proportions might happen again).

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I personally avoid areas that flood (the bowl of TH specifically, from Maragaret to Walmart on 41), Post some specific addresses and I will tell you if I would move there. I won't live in crap, but don't need luxury. Avoid Greenbriar Apartments, I lived there for four years, it flooded in 2008 (rare but you never know when a flood of 2008 proportions might happen again).

You know anything about Northwind Apartments?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Yes, lived there for a few years. In the winter time, we had $500 electric bills (total electric). They are older and if you work anywhere south of downtown, a long drive to work. They were not the best, but not exactly the worst. They also had no frills to go with the apartments (pool, work out room, etc.). I do like the area also. A nice thing about them was there was no one above you.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I lived in the Village Quarter apartments on the East side for a couple years. Parking was a PIA the second year for some reason.
    Decent place, pets allowed when I was there. They charged a fee for the pet, also.
    What side of town will you be working in?

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    I lived in the Village Quarter apartments on the East side for a couple years. Parking was a PIA the second year for some reason.
    Decent place, pets allowed when I was there. They charged a fee for the pet, also.
    What side of town will you be working in?

I don't have a job yet. My girlfriend is getting a promotionI'm moving with her. She will be working near the mall.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    May also consider one of the surrounding town that are not far from Terre Haute like Riley or Clinton. I would avoid residing in West T (West Terre Haute). There is also Farmersburg which is just south. All of these are no more than 10-20 min from Terre Haute.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Might look into International Village Apartments. Don't know much about them but believe take pets. I go to church with the developer that owns these. He seems okay. Its on south side near mall.

Cobblestone Crossing is a little south of TH and is new (<3yrs). Big complex. Don't have a clue about $$ or pets. Lots of amenities I hear.

Also, might contact Robinson Rentals (812) 235-9353. Used to work with the owner. He was a good guy. Don't have a clue about his apartments though.

If you get this way and want a place to shoot, come with me to check out the Riley Conservation Club. All outdoors for $70/year. Believe there are 5 bays for pistols and also range for long guns from 25yds to about 225 yds. Host rimfire & steel challenges, plus IDPA and USPSA regularly.

Top Bottom