Looks like I'm moving to Terre Haute in a few weeks...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    Might look into International Village Apartments. Don't know much about them but believe take pets. I go to church with the developer that owns these. He seems okay. Its on south side near mall.

Cobblestone Crossing is a little south of TH and is new (<3yrs). Big complex. Don't have a clue about $$ or pets. Lots of amenities I hear.

Also, might contact Robinson Rentals (812) 235-9353. Used to work with the owner. He was a good guy. Don't have a clue about his apartments though.

If you get this way and want a place to shoot, come with me to check out the Riley Conservation Club. All outdoors for $70/year. Believe there are 5 bays for pistols and also range for long guns from 25yds to about 225 yds. Host rimfire & steel challenges, plus IDPA and USPSA regularly.

Thanks a lot. The conservation club might be right up my alley. I'm a member of the Elwood one and love it. I'll let you know once everything is settled.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As stated earlier, International Village Flooded on the first floor apartments in 2008. I did live in Lakewood Apartments in Riley and liked them.

If I heard right, the flood was caused by a levy breach, because of cabins built on it. Since then all cabins have been removed and the levy was reinforced?

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    You might want to consider going on the north end of TH or even completely out of the county into Parke Co (north) and rent a house. You can take US41 from Parke Co. and take the bypass over to US41/63/3rd st. and get down to the mail within 15-20mins. I live on US41 in Parke Co. and drive to the airport m-f....takes 18-23mins depending on traffic, lights and trains. I live on 5 acres and can shoot until I am purple in the face in my backyard. I also hunt in MY woods too. Ive taken 2 deer from my woods so far and have lived here since Oct. 2010. (I hunt alot over in Illinois mainly) but since IL is jacking up costs, next year might be ALL here in my woods.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Welcome!

I personally prefer the north end, and there are those who like the south, and those who like east.

Look around, find what you like. Gander Quarter or Cobblestone are decent enough, but I personally wouldn't make them long term.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    If I heard right, the flood was caused by a levy breach, because of cabins built on it. Since then all cabins have been removed and the levy was reinforced?
    the levy did fail though I never knew the cause. The Corps of Engineers spent a LOT of money making them as fail proof as they can though so even though I was flooded out, I am not scared of it happening again.

The South End of TH isn't bad and for what its worth in a town without much crime, the south has even less crime than the north statistically. This is also where you will find all the major chain stores as well as a LOT of gun stores (LGS) plus Gander Mountain as well as Best Buy. I like the location, I just don't care for the ambiance of the area. Imagine moving in and then trying to introduce yoursef to your new neighbors and having some old lady slam the door in you face w/o a word. That's Terre Haute.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I personally prefer the north end, and there are those who like the south, and those who like east.

This should give you an idea about the west. A guy I work with suggested that they change the name of West T to East Marshall so it wouldn't give Terre Haute such a bad name.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Yup! and I really dont even live in TH. Im closer to Clinton, but have a TH address, so my opinion may not matter much ;)

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    You might want to consider going on the north end of TH or even completely out of the county into Parke Co (north) and rent a house. You can take US41 from Parke Co. and take the bypass over to US41/63/3rd st. and get down to the mail within 15-20mins. I live on US41 in Parke Co. and drive to the airport m-f....takes 18-23mins depending on traffic, lights and trains. I live on 5 acres and can shoot until I am purple in the face in my backyard. I also hunt in MY woods too. Ive taken 2 deer from my woods so far and have lived here since Oct. 2010. (I hunt alot over in Illinois mainly) but since IL is jacking up costs, next year might be ALL here in my woods.

I too live in parke county, Rockville to be exact. I can be to the mall in 35 min. Great little town but no real decent job opportunities here. Brazil is East of Terre Haute on 40 by about 20 minutes also. I personally would not want to live in Terre Haute but to each their own.

Top Bottom