• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I've still got the factory springs in and haven't had any issues but the springs are weaker than I would like. I didn't realize Taran was offering extended spring, I planned on upgrading once someone was offering them.

From what I have heard, people haven't noticed a problem until they get a thousand or so rounds through the mag. No personal experience with it though.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    From what I have heard, people haven't noticed a problem until they get a thousand or so rounds through the mag. No personal experience with it though.

Hopefully someone will come out with a decent extended mag spring before I get to that point. The amount of tension doesn't instill confidence. I'm hoping Wolf with fill the niche.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Are you guys sure about this? Glock claims they are at 5.5 lbs, along with the other Glocks. If I get one and it isn't, then I wouldn't be spending money to "fix" it, Glock should make it correct or list it correctly.

Yeah, that Glock literature shows they're still having a little trouble accepting reality. Hard to argue with an "Engineering Specification." It's definitely 8+ on my scale. But, very crisp.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Are you guys sure about this? Glock claims they are at 5.5 lbs, along with the other Glocks. If I get one and it isn't, then I wouldn't be spending money to "fix" it, Glock should make it correct or list it correctly.

Tested it multiple times on a digital trigger scale and it was easy to feel the difference between the G43 and my other Glock triggers

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    They trigger isn't that bad on the 43 but I'm use to revolvers and DA/SA semi-autos. It is heavy but it at least breaks and doesn't feel super mushy. It could be a lot better and I wouldn't mind putting the apex kit in, if it turns out to not be junk. I just have always hated glock triggers with the serrations more than anything. If I shoot more than 100 rounds I will get what I call glock finger. Which is a blister on my trigger finger from them. Smooth triggers no problem.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Long story short..............I got one in Apr for the wife, but she likes her G-17 full size better, and hers/mine G-43 is now in my range bag for a nice range session tomorrow. I may have gotten lucky, nice lighter pull than 8 lbs, and no mag issues.
    It's cute, might be fun to shoot, but it won't replace my EDC G-27.

Last edited:

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    Long story short..............I got one in Apr for the wife, but she likes her G-17 full size better, and hers/mine G-43 is now in my range bag for a nice range session tomorrow. I may have gotten lucky, nice lighter pull than 8 lbs, and no mag issues.
    It's cute, might be fun to shoot, but it won't replace my EDC G-27.

It might;)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Ok fifty quick Rds of Blazer Brass 124gr FMJ, indoor in about half an hour, as I had another apt to go to. All three mags I have the flat and finger rest, and an additional finger rest Glock mag I later bought ran flawlessly, my groups were ok on target with the GNS installed, but the pistol is of course small in my hand and while manageable noticed recoil was a bit more pronounced than a G-19 or G-26. Now I know why the wife likes her G-17 better.
    So I am wearing it now in a High Noon "Bare Asset" IWB holster, very comfortable. and it would do well in my De Santis "Apache" ankle holster. However, my G-27 with finger rest + mag allows me ten rounds of .40, over seven rounds of 9mn, and shares the same holsters.
    I like it, I do but I would choose a G-26/27 over it.
    All in all a neat little gun I will have fun with at the range.
    Looking forward to trying different brands of SD 9mm ammo in it next. I t gives me something to do and think about all week!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Yamadog35, are those Talon grips on your G43? I am very fond of the Talon grips on my CM9s.

Those that have shot the G43...can you compare it to other little 9mm pistols regarding recoil, accuracy, dependability and overall pleasure in shooting? I have 2 Kahr CM9s and a Sig 938. Had a M&P Shield also. I plan to pick up the G43 Sometime this winter as an addition or possible replacement. I really like the CM9 and the P938. Both a pleasure to shoot. Thoughts?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have over a 1k rds of various 9mm ammo thru my G43.

Mods
    Trigger, Ghost connector and polish, that is it.
    Sights, Ameriglo Hackathorn sights.
    Mags, all 4 of my mags have Taran +2 bases with factory springs, no issues.

Impressions.
    Gun came with the absolute worst Glock trigger I have ever encountered, connector and polish work corrected it to my satisfaction.

Gun shot left of POA, corrected this when I put the Hackathorn sights on.

Gun has pretty much become my EDC, I carry it in a cheap IWB kydex holster I found on ebay. lol

New_G43_003.JPG

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    My wife just bought a G43 yesterday. It hasn't been shot yet but we ordered a Ghost connector before we left BGF&R. I sure like what I'm reading about 'em here.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Yamadog35, are those Talon grips on your G43? I am very fond of the Talon grips on my CM9s.

Those that have shot the G43...can you compare it to other little 9mm pistols regarding recoil, accuracy, dependability and overall pleasure in shooting? I have 2 Kahr CM9s and a Sig 938. Had a M&P Shield also. I plan to pick up the G43 Sometime this winter as an addition or possible replacement. I really like the CM9 and the P938. Both a pleasure to shoot. Thoughts?

Yes, Talon grips are on there. Talon grips for me are like Franks Redhot. I put that s#&% on everything . . .
    I have a PM9 and a P938. Both of those I feel are snappier than the 43. I've had 100% reliability with around 400 rounds through so far. For a small 9mm I find it more of a pleasure to shoot compared to my PM9 and P938, but . . . still not as nice to shoot as my two G17's. As mentioned in an earlier post I did some trigger work to get it there including the Lone Wolf trigger shoe which, for me, made a huge difference over the very uncomfortable factory trigger.

Top Bottom