• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Yes, Talon grips are on there. Talon grips for me are like Franks Redhot. I put that s#&% on everything . . .
    I have a PM9 and a P938. Both of those I feel are snappier than the 43. I've had 100% reliability with around 400 rounds through so far. For a small 9mm I find it more of a pleasure to shoot compared to my PM9 and P938, but . . . still not as nice to shoot as my two G17's. As mentioned in an earlier post I did some trigger work to get it there including the Lone Wolf trigger shoe which, for me, made a huge difference over the very uncomfortable factory trigger.

Thanks! Very helpful!!

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Talon grips for me are like Franks Redhot. I put that s#&% on everything . . .

LOL. That's Great!!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Picked one up today. Will try and put it through its paces soon and then on to picking up additional mags, holster, sights, etc.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Have been hearing rave reviews from a friend who just bought one.

Any thoughts on using the G43 for ankle carry?
    I use to carry a Mustang Pocketllte when I wore suits for a living. Both in my suit coat and on my ankle. The key is a quality holster, even then it's a bit weird unless you do it daily. For what I did the 43 would be a bit big.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have 900 through mine, including 50 Hornady 135+P Critical Duty rounds. Boy are those SNAPPY! Might have to go back to 124 Gold Dots? Haven't had a single malf as yet with standard mags. I'm waiting for someone to get the Pearce + extensions back in stock to try them. Not sold on the Taran's, as I've had problems with their 17/19 extensions before. Is Arredondo make +'s for the 43 yet?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have 900 through mine, including 50 Hornady 135+P Critical Duty rounds. Boy are those SNAPPY! Might have to go back to 124 Gold Dots? Haven't had a single malf as yet with standard mags. I'm waiting for someone to get the Pearce + extensions back in stock to try them. Not sold on the Taran's, as I've had problems with their 17/19 extensions before. Is Arredondo make +'s for the 43 yet?

Ghost sent me an email touting theirs:
    glock | glock accessories | glock parts | glock trigger | glk | Ruger Triggers | glock custom G43 MAGAZINE EXTENSION DEVICE - M.E.D glock | glock accessories | glock parts | glock trigger | glk | Ruger Triggers | glock custom

It comes with a spring. I have not followed up on this or checked for vids or reviews yet. They use the original base plate and look kind of big compared to the TT's?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Love my G43 so much I just bought a second one! They are set up the same - Ghost Edge connector, judicious internal polishing, Ameriglo night sights and Talon grips. Have a pile of mags for them, just waiting on Pearce to bring out an inexpensive +1 extension.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My only complaint at this point is that I haven't come up with a good way to carry it while bowhunting. Waistband is pretty much out, my safety harness interferes with it. Can't wear it on my ankle because I wear knee high rubber boots. I don't think a shoulder holster would work either due to the harness and it makes retrieving anything from my pockets a chore.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My only complaint at this point is that I haven't come up with a good way to carry it while bowhunting. Waistband is pretty much out, my safety harness interferes with it. Can't wear it on my ankle because I wear knee high rubber boots. I don't think a shoulder holster would work either due to the harness and it makes retrieving anything from my pockets a chore.

I've had the same problems with carrying while hunting. It's either too inaccessible because of the hunting clothing/gear, or it interferes with drawing the bow, bangs against the treestand, etc. I know this is technically not "carrying", but it is very accessible, doesn't weigh me down, doesn't get in the way. Just an option to consider (scroll down to bottom left corner of photo):

treestand_zps6vzxeluy.jpg

Top Bottom