• ...and so much more!
  • danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    My only complaint at this point is that I haven't come up with a good way to carry it while bowhunting. Waistband is pretty much out, my safety harness interferes with it. Can't wear it on my ankle because I wear knee high rubber boots. I don't think a shoulder holster would work either due to the harness and it makes retrieving anything from my pockets a chore.

Drop leg holster? Kinda awkward for a small gun, but might not interfere with anything else.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cool Web, does it have the newest SN# four letter prefix, like mine is a ZED from Apr 2015, and now Glock's doing AAAA and up.

ZXM serial. Test fire brass collect date of August 2015. I should have asked earlier, but are any of the 43's stamped USA? Doesn't matter to me. Mine is stamped Austria, but just wanted to check.
    I had been wanting one for quite some time. Worked out a trade on a brand new one, and jumped on it.

Love my G43 so much I just bought a second one! They are set up the same - Ghost Edge connector, judicious internal polishing, Ameriglo night sights and Talon grips. Have a pile of mags for them, just waiting on Pearce to bring out an inexpensive +1 extension.

Nice, I usually do the 1 is none, 2 is one thing myself, so if this one shoots well, etc, I'll probably look at a 2nd one. The holster, stack of mags, a Vickers mag release, and some night sights (likely Trijicon or Ameriglo's) will be coming in the near term.

How are you carrying yours? What holster are you using?

Also, I've never swapped any trigger parts in my other Glocks as I have never felt the need to. How is the Ghost Connector? I have not researched much on trigger changes for Glocks, as again, I've never felt the need. However, I understand the 43's trigger is a bit heavier than the other models. I have seen that Apex and others have replacement triggers, but my goal would be to keep it as much like all my other Glocks as possible, rather than making it different. Do you guys sell/install the connectors at Bradis?

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Mark showed me the G43 at Bradis with the ghost connector and my inexperienced self noticed a nice difference. If they are known to be reliable upgrades, I would say it's worth every penny.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    My only complaint at this point is that I haven't come up with a good way to carry it while bowhunting. Waistband is pretty much out, my safety harness interferes with it. Can't wear it on my ankle because I wear knee high rubber boots. I don't think a shoulder holster would work either due to the harness and it makes retrieving anything from my pockets a chore.
    For hunting handgun carry in cooler to cold weather and still be able to draw, I often use my Hawkepak. I had to go to this as a way to draw when Grouse hunting. I don't like walking more then a few hours with a drop leg. My 511 vest is pretty good along with dump pouch on a belt for bird carry. More layers needed, Hawkepak goes with me. It also means I have all the line 1 gear I need for overnight. It's a dedicated truck bag and I can add or subtract things from it and my truck packs. I shoot just fine with it on either side, even with a day pack at the same time. I Have not tried it with a bow. I just know wolves won't wait while I drop all my gear, unzip and dig out a gun.
    I also use it for deer season.

HawkePaks Recon Rifle Bag

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    are any of the 43's stamped USA?

Yes. The TALO models with the night sights that we have in stock happen to be US-made.

How are you carrying yours? What holster are you using?

I have been playing with different carry modes, alternating between a Blade-Tech appendix rig and a Patriot Concealment IWB.

Also, I've never swapped any trigger parts in my other Glocks as I have never felt the need to. How is the Ghost Connector?

The Ghost connector pretty much drops the trigger pull weight down to a stock Glock feel (stock G42/43 triggers run heavy). I have found that having the better trigger allows me to shoot the gun more accurately, more easily. So yes, for me it made a noticeable difference.

Do you guys sell/install the connectors at Bradis?

We do.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yes. The TALO models with the night sights that we have in stock happen to be US-made.

I have been playing with different carry modes, alternating between a Blade-Tech appendix rig and a Patriot Concealment IWB.

The Ghost connector pretty much drops the trigger pull weight down to a stock Glock feel (stock G42/43 triggers run heavy). I have found that having the better trigger allows me to shoot the gun more accurately, more easily. So yes, for me it made a noticeable difference.

We do.

Thanks for the info Mark. I need to get out and shoot it and then I may come in and see about the connector. I need to do some additional reading as well. I've not ever considered changing any of the Glock trigger components on my other models, and it seems there are at least a few (if not several) Ghost connectors to choose from (although there may be less for the 43).

As always appreciate the info. I'll drop you a PM as well on model/price, on the connector.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I just put another 150 rounds through my 43 yesterday after installing Ameriglo I-Dot sights with the orange outline on the front. The rounds included 40 or so HST 147+P which is my normal carry round and all worked flawlessly. After a total of close to 600 rounds, the gun feels very comfortable and natural in my hand and I'm pretty accurate with it, especially after adding the bright orange front sight. I'm ready to start carrying it in certain situations.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I ordered a LH holster to start training with this 43 as my weak hand BUG. I'm still researching the best light bullet/recoil defensive loads.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK so I had some free time this weekend, sitting around looking at my unloaded Glock-27, EDC, and the wife's, now mine G-43, (she don't like it)
    hmmmmmm?

so I arm chair compare.

Glock-43 in 9mm 6-7 rounds (+ mag options available).

side by side with G-27, the G-43 slide is a little thinner, and just about as long as the G-27,
    the grip is thinner on the G-43,
    the length of both are about the same with pinky ext on G-43 and (+) mag extension on G-27

Glock-43, nice, and I like the flat mag on it as well, a lil snappy to shoot, but...................

Glock-27, 11 rounds of 180 gr .40 goodness in the mag, (1 in chamber makes 12), can use a 13 rd or 15 rd mag reload, not so with G-43.

weight and holster selection about same, 180 gr.40 beats IMHO 9mm to include (+P) or (+P+) loadings.

12 rds of .40 with mag extension in the G-27 or 7-9 rds depending on the 9mm mag in the G-43....................so?

If you regularly carry a Glock 26/27/33 or even a 30S, while the G-43 is nice, and I will wear this one out at the range, why oh why would I/should I/could I, ever replace my current EDC with one?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I don't consider my Glock 43 as a replacement for my Glock 26. Mine is more for deep concealment, where my Glock 26 wouldn't work.

There were also times when dressed in shorts and a snug shirt, my Glock 43 was much easier to conceal than my Glock 26.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    OK so I had some free time this weekend, sitting around looking at my unloaded Glock-27, EDC, and the wife's, now mine G-43, (she don't like it)
    hmmmmmm?

so I arm chair compare.

Glock-43 in 9mm 6-7 rounds (+ mag options available).

side by side with G-27, the G-43 slide is a little thinner, and just about as long as the G-27,
    the grip is thinner on the G-43,
    the length of both are about the same with pinky ext on G-43 and (+) mag extension on G-27

Glock-43, nice, and I like the flat mag on it as well, a lil snappy to shoot, but...................

Glock-27, 11 rounds of 180 gr .40 goodness in the mag, (1 in chamber makes 12), can use a 13 rd or 15 rd mag reload, not so with G-43.

weight and holster selection about same, 180 gr.40 beats IMHO 9mm to include (+P) or (+P+) loadings.

12 rds of .40 with mag extension in the G-27 or 7-9 rds depending on the 9mm mag in the G-43....................so?

If you regularly carry a Glock 26/27/33 or even a 30S, while the G-43 is nice, and I will wear this one out at the range, why oh why would I/should I/could I, ever replace my current EDC with one?

I don't consider my Glock 43 as a replacement for my Glock 26. Mine is more for deep concealment, where my Glock 26 wouldn't work.

There were also times when dressed in shorts and a snug shirt, my Glock 43 was much easier to conceal than my Glock 26.

This is what I'm going for as well. I am not seeking to replace my 19 or 26 where they make sense. Just adding a little something to my options list. In my case, I just finishing up trading out of my .40 caliber pistols and have built out my 9mm pistol options, with some 19's, a 26, and just recently a 43.

There are times when a little slimmer, and a little more compact make the difference between being armed and not.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've never liked carrying a G27. I'm not fond of having any pistol/holster in my pants and while slight, the difference in thickness between the G27 and G42 does make a difference. I've got +2 Taran extensions which brings me to 9 rounds in the gun and 8 in a spare magazine. My EDC is intended to be enough gun to get me out of whatever situation I may find myself in. 17 rounds is within my comfort zone and if I'm concerned about needing more I have two additional mags with Taran +1 extensions that I can bring along. The difference in thickness between the double and single stack mags is noticeable when carrying as well.

Ive carried .40 for close to 20 years now. I have every confidence that it is adequate for my needs. I've more recently taken an objective look at the 9mm, specifically the standard velocity 147gr HST and have zero concerns as to whether it is a capable round.

The bottom line is that deciding on which handgun/caliber/method of carry is extremely subjective. My G43 carried AIWB is just about perfect for my priorities. I don't see a suitable alternative coming along unless there is an extremely significant advancement in technology.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep, there is no "ONE SIZE FITS ALL" handgun, I bet I find a place for mine someday other than the range bag.

EUREKA that's it!

All around family, and house gun!

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I've had the same problems with carrying while hunting. It's either too inaccessible because of the hunting clothing/gear, or it interferes with drawing the bow, bangs against the treestand, etc. I know this is technically not "carrying", but it is very accessible, doesn't weigh me down, doesn't get in the way. Just an option to consider (scroll down to bottom left corner of photo):

treestand_zps6vzxeluy.jpg

I'm replying to my own post here that I posted in response to one of Phylodog's posts a couple weeks back. I don't think I'm going to do this in my treestand anymore, ie set the holster in the frame of the stand. I've got to figure out a way to keep it on my person while in the stand. The reason is that I saw the biggest coyote I've ever seen yesterday in my woods at Winamac, and I missed the chance because I was on the ground and my S&W 629 in the pic above was in the treestand, just like in the picture above. I had just got down to check some signs and that's when I heard footsteps coming toward me in the leaves. My first thought was that it's just my luck for the deer to show up as soon as I get down, but then I see this big dog coming toward me. I ducked behind a tree for a second to watch it. If I had been carrying in a holster, I think I had a pretty clear shot from where I was. As it turned out, I just had to watch it disappear through the woods, on its way to kill more of my deer! Lesson learned. I don't think a belt holster will work in the stand. Drop leg might be the way to go.

Top Bottom