• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    The thing that drives me crazy is when I get a response to an ad saying that they're "very interested" and have a question. Usually about the item or about what form of payment that I will take, and then will disappear when I've answered the question. At least have the common courtesy to say thanks but I'm no longer interested.

GlockWielder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I think that guns are worth what they are going for right now. I disagree, I think it's a low ball offer when you offer $425 for a Glock that is relatively new. If it sells for $550 to $580 plus tax, $450 is a sweet deal with no taxes. That's a hundred bucks off a gun that does everything a brand new one would. If it's lightly used or is in LNIB, I would not complain.

I think you can price a gun to sell (a Glock at $350) and lose a ton of money. Or price it at what it's worth and see what you get. People are hard up for cash, guns are in high demand, and money is depreciating more and more. If you don't like someones prices you don't have to buy.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I love the low ballers that have the nerve to ask you to wait until next Friday. If I send someone an offer I have the cash in hand and willing to meet on the spot.
    IF, and WHEN, I do this, I send a pm, and say, if it doesn't sell, I will have the money by, ..... I have done this here several times, and have had NO PROBLEM ..... I don't low ball, I offer their asking price .....

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was looking at an ad just today that is listed for more than I can buy it at Midwest right now. So I might offer him something below retail and he will think that is low balling. So I usually just skip the ad.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    IF, and WHEN, I do this, I send a pm, and say, if it doesn't sell, I will have the money by, ..... I have done this here several times, and have had NO PROBLEM ..... I don't low ball, I offer their asking price .....

And I would be okay with contacting a potential buyer on a specific date if the item hasn't
    sold yet. I have been burned more than once holding an item only for the person to back out or just not show up or return calls or emails.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I have issues when I meet someone to buy a gun and it looks nothing like the pics they posted and then get mad when you want to renegotiate the price because they didn't tell the whole truth or hid something....they cry that we had a deal over the phone and emails but they bs about the gun in the phone and emails....

This is the same reason I stopped meeting woman on line.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My guess is that about 70% of the gun add related traffic is just people that are bored, which would be aok if they were just playing with other people that are also bored rather than seriously looking to buy or sell.
    To be fair it is probably more like 45% bored and 25% just flakey.
    On the bright side the remaining 30% are fun folks to deal with.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    And I would be okay with contacting a potential buyer on a specific date if the item hasn't
    sold yet. I have been burned more than once holding an item only for the person to back out
    I have made quite a few deals and they've all pretty much went off without a hitch except one.

I had what you describe happen where I agreed to hold an item for a week on the assurance from the buyer that they definitely wanted the item only to back out on the deal halfway through because they decided that they wanted something else. Needless to say I wasn't a bit cool with that and the experience has changed my policy to where I will no longer agree to hold anything for any longer then it takes to set up a meet and that is usually within a day or two.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is there away to drink them smaller?

Yes but the amounts and content vary per size requirements..........;)

I have put specific pricing in my posts and still have folks try and negotiate to a lower price or a trade and a ridiculous amount of money. Irritating as Hell.
    I put 2 Rem. 700's in the classifieds that were in perfect condition with good optics and 350 plus rounds each at a more than fair price. I had several "Idiots" offer half of the posted price like I was desperate and they were my only offers.
    My return comment was the optics and ammo are worth more than the asking price and I am throwing in a really nice rifle.....Bite me.

Then you have the folks who see it is fair and offer your asking price and meet you half way in the travel part of the deal. More than makes up for the nut jobs.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    There are people on the local gun boards that are constantly buying and selling.

One guy in Franklin has bought a couple of handguns from me at a reasonable price, and I've seen them re-listed, 3 days later, on another site with a $150 markup.

I'm sure the eyebrows of both the IRS and BATFE would raise a bit if they knew what he was doing.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I have made quite a few deals and they've all pretty much went off without a hitch except one.

I had what you describe happen where I agreed to hold an item for a week on the assurance from the buyer that they definitely wanted the item only to back out on the deal halfway through because they decided that they wanted something else. Needless to say I wasn't a bit cool with that and the experience has changed my policy to where I will no longer agree to hold anything for any longer then it takes to set up a meet and that is usually within a day or two.

I tell'em: Yep, I'll hold it for ya --- Unless someone shows up with cash between now and then......I ain't running a layaway!!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    My guess is that about 70% of the gun add related traffic is just people that are bored, which would be aok if they were just playing with other people that are also bored rather than seriously looking to buy or sell.
    To be fair it is probably more like 45% bored and 25% just flakey.
    On the bright side the remaining 30% are fun folks to deal with.

I agree. For the most part this is the best place I found so far, not that I'm a dealer, just like guns. The art of the deal can be tricky sometimes, buyer beware is my motto.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Depends on what you mean by "hold". I usually include a "purchase by" date in the agreement and don't consider that a hold. That date is not determined by money but by when the other person and I can actually meet. Longest its been for me is 5 days, I believe. I live on the west side of the state but go thru Indy regularly. If I make a buy/sell in Indy I ain't going to drive there just to make a buy otherwise the gas costs are way too much.

Once a person agrees to a price, I then try to schedule a meet ASAP for both parties around work schedules etc. Then I will send a final email saying what the agreed upon price is, where and when we will meet. If I get an affirmative on that I consider it a done deal.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I was looking at an ad just today that is listed for more than I can buy it at Midwest right now. So I might offer him something below retail and he will think that is low balling. So I usually just skip the ad.

Was it a Ruger Mark III? Midwest is having a fantastic sale on all their Ruger items. New Mark III for $265 plus tax. So the used one for sale in the classifieds isn't looking so hot at $450.

Top Bottom