• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Lock n Load, the set up is a Bassett Machine high Picanny rail mount, its amazing one bolt lock down. Cheap 6.00 low mount rings from Big R...lol but they work great an seem to be pretty solid. Nikon Prostaff 3X9 power lifetime warranty, it has the BDC which is nice to use for 220, 350 an 540 range at the range......could use a more powerful scope for the 740. I hold over at where the thick part of the crosshair comes to a point with the thinner crosshair......lol......but its spot on.
    picture.php

+1 on the Basset. I have a Basset Standard High mount. I have had 0 issues with it and don't expect to encounter any. Sometimes simplicity is all you need:yesway:

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Ok, so I've received an offer to take a SA m1a (18" barrel) in trade for my Remington 700. Would I be happy making this move? Would I be trading off big in terms of accuracy? I posted to trade for this gun but had in mind the 22" barrel. On average a long shot would be 300 yds and occasionally further. I'm considering the trade but don't want to regret it. What do u think?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I don't know anything about your 700 but I would trade a Remmy 700 for an M1A Scout in a heart beat. But that's just me.... ;)

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Ok, so I've received an offer to take a SA m1a (18" barrel) in trade for my Remington 700. Would I be happy making this move? Would I be trading off big in terms of accuracy? I posted to trade for this gun but had in mind the 22" barrel. On average a long shot would be 300 yds and occasionally further. I'm considering the trade but don't want to regret it. What do u think?

From what I've gathered from others over the past few years, the 18" don't lose much in accuracy. Take this with a grain of salt, as I have no experience behind an 18" barreled M1A. If you like it, go for it. I myself prefer the sight picture of the extra few inches, and I like the looks better.

DCM8513

Marksman
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Unfortunately ive found that sometimes to end up with exactly what you want you have to buy, experience and then sell or keep. Looks like this may be one of those deals seeing that so many like both options.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie

The 18" doesn't give up much to the 22", certainly for your intended use.

jwatkins383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    MD
    Length

They are all right! I have a 22" NM that was an excellent shooter. Then I wrapped her in an Sage EBR stock....Man! But go to Tac ops webpage. They have an article on barrel lengths. I believe at least 20 is recommended for a 308 to get the most accuracy and shorter barrel. All ofn teh M1As are good just make sure you don't get a Norinco!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    They are all right! I have a 22" NM that was an excellent shooter. Then I wrapped her in an Sage EBR stock....Man! But go to Tac ops webpage. They have an article on barrel lengths. I believe at least 20 is recommended for a 308 to get the most accuracy and shorter barrel. All ofn teh M1As are good just make sure you don't get a Norinco!

Do you have any experience with Norincos? There are many people who are more then pleased with their "junk" Norincos over on M14Forum. The biggest problem with some of them were the hardening of the receivers which can be fixed. People years ago were also saying "stay away" from the Norinco and Polytech AKs and look at those now.

Top Bottom