Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Sa bolt atm..... :(

Which SAI bolt do you have?
    Code on bolt :
    C = cast.
    B = machined from billet.
    F = forged.
    I've heard of a few cast bolts having a lug break but never heard of that problem with a B or F bolt.
    If you don't have a C bolt don't give it another thought as you'll likely never have problem with it.

The above bolts have nothing to do with the SAI bolt recall that took place years ago.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    Which SAI bolt do you have?
    Code on bolt :
    C = cast.
    B = machined from billet.
    F = forged.
    I've heard of a few cast bolts having a lug break but never heard of that problem with a B or F bolt.
    If you don't have a C bolt don't give it another thought as you'll likely never have problem with it.

The above bolts have nothing to do with the SAI bolt recall that took place years ago.

WRONG!!
    A = cast.
    B = Machined from bar stock.
    F = Forged.

Last edited:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Well, I just couldn't stand the wait any longer. I went across the river to a LGS and they just so happened to have one that spoke too me. It's a new SAI M1A Standard. Sorry, no pictures yet. Getting ready to go do a semi-detail strip and clean. Is there a way to tell if there are any USGI parts on it, just in case?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well, I just couldn't stand the wait any longer. I went across the river to a LGS and they just so happened to have one that spoke too me. It's a new SAI M1A Standard. Sorry, no pictures yet. Getting ready to go do a semi-detail strip and clean. Is there a way to tell if there are any USGI parts on it, just in case?

If it was brand new it won't have USGI, they kinda dryed up awhile back. The golden age of USGI parts were up to s/n 50XXX after that fewer an fewer had USGI parts until they were gone. Congrats on a great rifle!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    If it was brand new it won't have USGI, they kinda dryed up awhile back. The golden age of USGI parts were up to s/n 50XXX after that fewer an fewer had USGI parts until they were gone. Congrats on a great rifle!

Mine has a serial number of around #19XXXX and the trigger group is marked HR-N clearly being an USGI group. Sometimes you get lucky I guess.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Mine is Ser# 292XXX, a mere 4 months out of the factory. And I didn't find anything that would let me say with any certainty it was GI. No biggie, didn't expect any really.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Mine is Ser# 292XXX, a mere 4 months out of the factory. And I didn't find anything that would let me say with any certainty it was GI. No biggie, didn't expect any really.

Lifetime warranty though which is big plus. I have had to use this before on a crappy Loaded Champion and there CS was a pleasure to deal with. +1 on that!

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    Here is my EBR attached to my bug out bag

SAM_0574.jpg

Top Bottom