Man commits suicide at Highsmiths gun shop in Greenfield this morning.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Took a cowards way out
    I wished it were that black and white. However having a very good friend/coworker who is currently battling depression/PTSD, I can tell you that they are not thinking like/me or you. He tried 2 times to kill himself. My step brother shot/killed himself 2 years ago after battling a horrible medical condition and depression, he had a wife and kids. Again, he was out of his mind. I've had many co workers kill themselves over the years. None were in their right minds. Our logic we carry with us right now is incompatible with the logic of those suffering from depression, PTSD, or similar. That is why it is so hard to reason with them at times, so hard.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Sorry if I offended anybody with my thought...that's just how I was raised sure I thought about it in my younger day but that's was all just a thought....guess i can understand if you deeply depressed, but isn't there meds for that...cause with wife is on them as she suffers from depression....

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sorry if I offended anybody with my thought...that's just how I was raised sure I thought about it in my younger day but that's was all just a thought....guess i can understand if you deeply depressed, but isn't there meds for that...cause with wife is on them as she suffers from depression....
    No offense at all. I know tone is hard to determine on forums. However, those that I spoke of were on meds. Add PTSD on top of that for some and you get a very bad result.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Meds don't always work. Meds have side effects. Sometimes meds have a paradoxical effect. Sometimes people don't want help as its part of the illness.

The persons brain is actually telling them they'd be better off dead.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just terrible, why would someone want to make a spectacle out of killing themselves.

Why do you think it's a spectacle?
    Maybe that's just the way they figured to get a gun? Maybe it seems the easiest? Suicidal people are not necessarily "thinking". There's thought, don't get me wrong. But it can be disjointed, and reasons may seem valid at the time.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Why do you think it's a spectacle?
    Maybe that's just the way they figured to get a gun? Maybe it seems the easiest? Suicidal people are not necessarily "thinking". There's thought, don't get me wrong. But it can be disjointed, and reasons may seem valid at the time.

You should probably disregard his post. He was on a run to 50. As soon as he hit it, he hit the classies and then logged off.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Japan has one of the highest rates of suicide. Guns are banned. Yet, it still happens. It has nothing to do on how easily it can be done. They have thoughts, but not rational thoughts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You should probably disregard his post. He was on a run to 50. As soon as he hit it, he hit the classies and then logged off.

I still have to answer. It's a burden.

You don't need to take on that much responsibility by yourself. There's others out here that can help you get through this.
    You're still young, man.

DON'T DO IT! :runaway:

duty_calls.png

Top Bottom