• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I can't thats why I didn't use the term Illegal. There are still consequences to carrying at college.
    At the most you can be asked to leave or, if you're a student, they could expel you. There are no legal ramifications for carrying at a college, unless you refuse to leave when asked.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I can't thats why I didn't use the term Illegal. There are still consequences to carrying at college.

Then I guess I skirted the rules when I walked around IU Bloomington, PU W. Lafayette, IUPUC, and probably some others while carrying.

Too bad I don't give a flying fornication about the "rules" about carrying on a campus, as they have no bearing on me.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    Then I guess I skirted the rules when I walked around IU Bloomington, PU W. Lafayette, IUPUC, and probably some others while carrying.

Too bad I don't give a flying fornication about the "rules" about carrying on a campus, as they have no bearing on me.

when I graduate I'll say the same thing, before I was a student I did. right now I either accept the rules, willfully ignore them, or change them, hopefully I can change them.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Even if he was trespassing, which he was not, it was illegal for the police to arrest him.
    IC 3-5-4-4
    Immunity from arrest while at or going to and from polls
    Sec. 4. A voter is not subject to arrest while going to the polls, while in attendance there, and while returning from the polls. However, this section does not apply in a case of:
    (1) treason;
    (2) felony; or
    (3) breach of the peace.
    As added by P.L.5-1986, SEC.1.
    It appears that the only laws broken here were by the ones sworn to uphold them.
    I hope that he is financially well compensated for this violation of his civil rights.

Looks like some cops need some time in the general population.

IC 3-14-3-21.5
    Voter intimidation
    Sec. 21.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally intimidates, threatens, or coerces an individual for:
    (1) voting or attempting to vote;
    (2) urging or aiding another individual to vote or attempt to vote; or
    (3) exercising any power or duty under this title concerning registration or voting;
    commits voter intimidation, a Class D felony.
    As added by P.L.103-2005, SEC.40.

Mr. Habib is giving really good advice here! :laugh:

ETA: TAG

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    so are schools, court rooms, government buildings, and many Indiana colleges. yet you can't carry there either, sad as it may be.

Schools are against state law and a felony unless you have special permission by an authorized person.

Courtrooms MAY ban whatever they want but not all do.

Government buildings could be a lot of things, federal buildings are one thing but I don't believe they have polling centers in fed buildings. Otherwise unless it has a court in it and it is a local municipal building you are specifically ALLOWED to carry there.

Colleges as has been discussed are not illegal to carry at.

The point of all this is that if it is public, AND you are allowed to carry there you cannot be trespassing on election day for having a gun.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Makes me want to OC at the polls, just to see if I can hit the jackpot. I figure my chances of running into an uneducated individual is much higher than hitting the lottery.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Makes me want to OC at the polls, just to see if I can hit the jackpot. I figure my chances of running into an uneducated individual is much higher than hitting the lottery.
    If the quality of elected officials that we have today is any indication, that would be a pretty safe bet.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    I hate that my voting location is at a school. So I have to park across the street and disarm, so I can go vote. Any nut job who wants to create havoc now knows that no one in there is armed. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I hate that my voting location is at a school. So I have to park across the street and disarm, so I can go vote. Any nut job who wants to create havoc now knows that no one in there is armed. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Push for voting centers in your county. Here in Vanderburgh I can vote at any place I want to in the entire county.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    UPDATE

Just a heard a dispatch that the individual has returned with his kids, voting officials have requested police respond to remove him again. Also, just saw the headline "Voter Packs Heat" coming to ABC 57 News at 6.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    A responding officer just advised "The issue with this guy is that he wants to exercise his right to bear arms, and they have a right to refuse him. He didn't want to leave last time, so he's possibly armed".

Top Bottom