• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    A responding officer just advised "The issue with this guy is that he wants to exercise his right to bear arms, and they have a right to refuse him. He didn't want to leave last time, so he's possibly armed".

Just for clarification;

The polling place is at a fire department which is public property, correct?

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    Officer on scene advising subject has left the property. Responding officers wanting to know if they need to continue, or if there is concern that the guy may return. Officer on scene advises "Negative, he just wants to file a lawsuit against our department for not letting him carry his weapon".

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My son OCed at our voting location this morning. I CCed. While waiting to vote my son heard the voting staff discuss his weapon. When one assured everyone that it was legal, everyone relaxed One of the voting personnel asked if my son had his license. When he stated that he did have it, she replied that she had hers as well. A discussion followed about membership in the NRA between my son, the voting personnel and another citizen who had just finished voting. No problems.

I think the guy in the OP is trying to prove a point. If he behaves properly, he will have all those who interfered with his right to vote right where he wants them—on the hook for serious civil damages and possible violation of state law. If he was obnoxious, he is up the creek.

Pass the popcorn. :popcorn:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    except, they do not have a right to refuse him...

My thought exactly ... how does a polling place have the right to refuse a voter? (I could understand a private location having a right to refuse the presence of somebody who cannot vote -- i.e. felon or even a out-of-area individual if they felt it was disruptive -- but this is a public location and by the account I have seen, he is attempting to vote.)

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    What is it called when you illegally deny an American citizen his right to vote?

Don't worry, there will be lots to defend da police's actions for making the soccer moms upset.

What makes anyone think that the courts that he will sue in favor his God-given rights anymore than the officer that illegally detained and arrested him?

The founding fathers have done more than roll over in their graves.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    They just did a live interview with him on ABC 57, and I think he's good to go! He was very calm and very well spoken. They wouldn't show his face but he is a young guy and says he's a Marine. ABC57 also stated that the County Police could not cite a law, and they also contacted Indiana State Police, who said he did nothing illegal if it wasn't in a school or courthouse. They also said County Police spent 1.5 hours on scene trying to find a law he had broken.

Also, he was carrying an XD in a Serpa holster. ;)

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Just watched the story on ABC 57, and the guy's name was "Clay" and he was carrying an XD SC in a Serpa holster. He said he was refused and detained for an hour and a half. He was then advised of an ordinance that prohibited him from carrying there. He was told that he could leave his gun in the car and vote, but he refused, and instead went home to look up the ordinance.

The ordinance that was cited had nothing to do with prohibiting firearms. He came back later, and it was unclear whether he was allowed to vote or not. The reporter did mention that they had contacted ISP about this incident, and were advised that it was illegal to carry at a school, courthouse, and school bus, but that there was no law prohibiting carrying at a polling location.

Sounds like "Clay" just hit the lottery.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    They just did a live interview with him on ABC 57, and I think he's good to go! He was very calm and very well spoken. They wouldn't show his face but he is a young guy and says he's a Marine. ABC57 also stated that the County Police could not cite a law, and they also contacted Indiana State Police, who said he did nothing illegal if it wasn't in a school or courthouse. They also said County Police spent 1.5 hours on scene trying to find a law he had broken.

Glad to hear he is being presented in a fair light. You know something is wrong with this country if Public Servants spent 1.5 hours trying to find something to get you in trouble with as you're doing your civic duty with voting.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage

I saw that. The look on the news ladies face and her comment was almost priceless. When the video is up on there website I am sure it will be posted here.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I wonder which ballot he was requesting...

Good to hear he seems to be taking it in stride and being diplomatic.

Voter ID law doesn't disenfranchise but OCing does. Time for ACLU to help us out.

Top Bottom