• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    No Kirk, I didn't say that. The police chief justifying a "systematic" search of trunks, plus published witness accounts of trunk searches, strongly suggests that cops did more than walk around. Is this what we are going to debate? Like it didn't happen? I thought you'd be well into justifying the searches by now.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I will play. It's pretty easy to see into a car. In order to do that, they need to stop the flow of traffic which they did. If they chose to choose vehicles that could hide someone in the trunk, that is something completely different. I see no violation of the 4th based upon walking up et down and looking in cars. You are out in public driving, you really can't expext privacy unless your vehicle windows are 2% vis tint.

Now, onto the 4th violation. Was anyone arrested for anything based upon these searches? I don't think anyone was. Had they been arrested, they probably would then have a case for an unlawful search as they were stopped via a coincidence and not for an infraction.

Don't want a trunk searched? Say no, or drive something without a trunk.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Life imitates art: "Homicide: Life on the Street" Thrill of the Kill (TV Episode 1995) - IMDb

If these actions are justified on the grounds of inherent danger to the public caused by the bank robbers (i.e. they have guns and might hurt people, have shown a propensity to ignore the well-being of others, etc.), the tactic of stopping traffic (i.e. ensuring a relatively dense crowd around a presumably dangerous and cornered group of suspects) seems illogical. It worked out this time, but I'm not liking the odds....obviously, those in command have more info than any of us does, but it still seems a bit much.

Agree with what Lex said. Doesn't this type of action fly in the face of these no knock raids? They say they do them to protect the public but in this instance they contain the public possibly within reach of the bad guys boolits. :dunno:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You have the burden. It is on you to show us that it did happen. You posting nonsense from a hysterical website does not mean it happened.

So far we have nothing. Show us.

If its on the Internet, it must be true. No one would sensationalize or intentionally mislead others to forward an agenda.

image_zpsd56d3644.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, at least I got my desk cleared. I guess I am not going to see all those videos of Maryland coppers pistol whipping people into opening their trunks.

Going running, see ya.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You aren't really saying if there is no video that it never happened are you?

My 8 year old niece has video capacity on her Mini iPad. If the reported actions took place, then there is video of it.

If no video, rebuttable presumption that this is Alex Jonesian nonsense.

ilikeguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Prairie Creek
    Popping a trunk and glancing in to make sure there is not a person hiding in it is a little different than "searching"your trunk. And they had a specific goal in mind. They weren't there to bust you for anything you may or may not have. I loathe the direction this country is going and get fighting mad when rights truly are violated, but I just don't see anything to get worked up about here. Now if they started rifling through handbags or luggage where a person obviously could not hide, or arresting people for something seen during the trunk deal,it would be a different story.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    What an incredibly unbiased and obviously objective reporting of facts. Thank you for posting it, I'll be sure to make that website a regular stop during my daily internet journeys. I pray the rights of the oppressed have been restored and that they can somehow find peace after being subjected to this horror. I, for one, would have to move out of the country after such an ordeal, surely there are hundreds of countries which treat their citizens far better.

just cause it could be worse, doesnt mean its ok

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Never said it was ok. I refuse to be led around like a moron by that type of "reporting".

An unreasonable situation followed by an irrational reaction results in much fail on all sides. I'm fine with a disagreement over this type of thing and more than willing to have an intelligent debate. When someone starts a conversation accusing or assuming me to be a fool that won't happen.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Never said it was ok. I refuse to be led around like a moron by that type of "reporting".

An unreasonable situation followed by an irrational reaction results in much fail on all sides. I'm fine with a disagreement over this type of thing and more than willing to have an intelligent debate. When someone starts a conversation accusing or assuming me to be a fool that won't happen.

i agree with what ur saying, but i must have missed where someone assumed you were a fool...

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    My 8 year old niece has video capacity on her Mini iPad. If the reported actions took place, then there is video of it.

There is some logic here, especially when the burden of proof is on the accusers. Anyone can lie about what the cops were doing.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

Consider the source... their are a handful of people here on INGO that go way, way..... way overboard. I think it's a good thing to keep a eye on our government actions, but when it surpasses common sense they lose me.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If its on the Internet, it must be true. No one would sensationalize or intentionally mislead others to forward an agenda.

No one would downplay systematic abuses in order to forward an agenda.

OK, well you have an irrational standard of evidence. The authorities are on record confirming the searches.

1. “For those folks that wondered how is that the police can just walk through traffic like that and get folks to show their hands, get folks to pop their trunks, between the exigency of the circumstances and the information that we had, it gave us the legal foundation to do what we did,” the chief said, according to WTOP.

2. Capt. Paul Starks of the Montgomery County Police Department told reporters the armed officers were “systematically checking the trunks and rear hatches” of stopped vehicles. (Source: MyFoxDC)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Right, but did anyone say no to the police officers? If they did, what was the result? I don't doubt that they stopped traffic and asked people to pop their trunks, but if citizens comply then what is the problem? Where is the evidence of jackbooted thuggery?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Right, but did anyone say no to the police officers? If they did, what was the result? I don't doubt that they stopped traffic and asked people to pop their trunks, but if citizens comply then what is the problem? Where is the evidence of jackbooted thuggery?

Wouldn't a normal person tend to do what an armed group of people are telling you to do? It is not like these guys had their sidearms holstered and shotguns slung over their backs, they were ready to go.

Top Bottom