• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My check was mailed about a week ago, and has not been cashed. If they do the auction route again I may check it out and see what $$$$ it brings to the 4H club.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Ahhhh, 'tis that time again...this thread has become a true Christmas tradition we've all come to know and love.

Yes, website was updated with some new info a few days ago (I know because I updated it)

1) YES, we will be building a fourth, even larger pistol range over winter/spring 2016...location will be aligned side by side with the two rear pistol ranges and it is tentatively planned to be 50 yards wide, 50 yards long with protective berms on both sides/hillside impact zone and small creek to the rear.

2) We "may" not be admitting ANY new members Jan 1, 2016 vs. what we have done in the past. Renewal rate for existing memberships is expected to be very high and we actually want to whittle the numbers down a bit after adding extra memberships last year (the auction that benefited 4H shooting sports). BUT, this won't be confirmed until Dec. 26th after our Dec. 25th deadline for renewals has passed. Our plans will be confirmed on our website and this forum on 12/26.

thanks,
    Roger for the Board

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Sure is nice going to the range on a ~50F Friday night and not seeing another soul except for the guys leaving as we were coming in. People who are not members hate the 500 people limit, but as a member, I love it.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I think this will be my 5 th year, wish I would joined many years ago. Wonderful place to spend a afternoon and it gets better every year. The Board of Directors do a great job with continued improvements.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Sure is nice going to the range on a ~50F Friday night and not seeing another soul except for the guys leaving as we were coming in. People who are not members hate the 500 people limit, but as a member, I love it.

Clarification...we have a 500 FAMILY limit...mom, dad and kids under 18 in the same household. So we technically have more potential shooters than 500 guys, though as noted, there is usually plenty of space for all who want to shoot without waiting on lanes. Yes, we like it that way! I was out to the club myself on Friday shooting for 2 hour and only saw 2 other shooters in the whole place.

Roger for the Board of MSCC

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I would like to be a member and the membership limit is the #1 reason. I just don't want to be a member bad enough to camp for two days at the gate. :):

This annual thread is great from a spectator's point of view.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I would like to be a member and the membership limit is the #1 reason. I just don't want to be a member bad enough to camp for two days at the gate. :):

This annual thread is great from a spectator's point of view.

Oh come on, two days? 14, 16 hours tops! :):

Top Bottom