• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    For the people that say the rifle OCers are forcing the issue.

That would imply that MDA would only stop, if there were no OC'd rifles.
    Does anyone believe that.
    Cause it looks to me like they don't want any gun, rifle or pistol, OC'd or CC'd, carried, or at home.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I actually have more respect for anyone who comes out and calls for the destruction of all guns than someone who wants the same under the guise of gun safety. Know your enemy.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I must say I really don't see the need for anyone carrying a rifle into a Kroger store. Notwithstanding all of our Second Amendment rights, for the life of me I just can't find the rationalization or justification. Quite frankly if I felt I had to carry an AR or similar platform to a grocery store I think I'll choose to find a different place to shop. The last I checked the field of fire in the aisles of a supermarket are far short of the capability of most rifles and I would think a handgun would be a far better choice for close quarter engagement requiring the use of a firearm. If my assailant is far enough away I need a rifle he's probably far enough away I can make a run for it in the other direction.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Certifiably NUTS. Militant KOOKS. Enemies of the CONSTITUTION.
    Just about what I figured, complete with people trying to argue night is day

tisasillyplacebabyblue_fullpic.png

I actually have more respect for anyone who comes out and calls for the destruction of all guns than someone who wants the same under the guise of gun safety. Know your enemy.
    That involves honesty, and given the distortions and outright lies to date we know that honesty is not a part of their agenda

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    ...and it doesn't take long to realize logic does not work with these folks. Their emotions rule the day. I'm fighting (and winning) on their turf. They just ignore me now.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What drives me nuts about the anti-gun crowd is that they admittedly freak out when they see a legally carried gun. They run the other direction in a panic and call the cops at the sight of one. But they accuse anyone who carries a gun of being a scared simpleton only carrying because the NRA has planted the seeds of fear in our minds.

They just can't see that they are the ones acting out of irrational fear.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

“Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don’t want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun,” Daily said.
    “We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.”

Good

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I left Kroger a note at https://www.kroger.com/customercomments, gave them all my info, including Kroger Card number, and advised them that I will not patronize stores that are un-American and Constitution-hating. I shop at Kroger a LOT and asked them to verify this by looking up my purchase history. I applauded them for this statement:

Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don’t want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun,” Daily said.

We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.”
    ...and asked that they continue to defer to local laws when making store policies, and I would continue to patronize their fine stores.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The group [MDA] has since amassed allegiances with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Sokhey said the group has more than 900 members in Indiana.

900 idiot moms compared to more than half a million Hoosiers with a LTCH. I really hope Kroger and all other future MDA targets keep this in perspective.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Do you think companies only respond to their bull**** demands because it gains attention from both sides? Would it be in our best interest to ignore their demands, and not make a big deal of it? Would they, then, fade away... or do you think the companies in question would feel more comfortable to appease them?

Let's say each of these companies has a low-level PR lackey... and their basis for gauging the situation is to see how many people "follow" the MDA goons, against how many people "follow" a pro-gun group... (there are many of us... which makes it a hard group to gauge).

That would be an easy basis for them to say "Well, more people support MDA than [insert pro-gun group here]".

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I'm not arguing, it's just what happened.

Ok, you probably should stop saying the word "just". Personally, I find it offensive to society and I will not sleep until I restrict your First Amendment right. How about you never say the word again since it will lead to me not liking it?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I must say I really don't see the need for anyone carrying a rifle into a Kroger store. Notwithstanding all of our Second Amendment rights, for the life of me I just can't find the rationalization or justification. Quite frankly if I felt I had to carry an AR or similar platform to a grocery store I think I'll choose to find a different place to shop. The last I checked the field of fire in the aisles of a supermarket are far short of the capability of most rifles and I would think a handgun would be a far better choice for close quarter engagement requiring the use of a firearm. If my assailant is far enough away I need a rifle he's probably far enough away I can make a run for it in the other direction.

Do you apply the same "don't see the need" test to other rights/freedoms?
    Some people don't see the need for people to own a gun.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I don't see the need for people to speak out against the government. If you continue to do so, it will lead to a new Sedition Act and it will be all your fault. So just don't speak your mind, k?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well, they removed all my comments. So much for free speech on their site. I did not even call anyone an idiot, moron, etc. But the antis who called me such names still have their comments posted. Is like a big circle jerk there, everyone wanting to feel good about their intentions while not doing a single constructive thing to make themselves or their families safer. Their ignorance is startling. They actually think new laws will stop gun crimes? Their lack of common sense is dangerous to themselves and our Republic.

Top Bottom