• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well, they removed all my comments. So much for free speech on their site. I did not even call anyone an idiot, moron, etc. But the antis who called me such names still have their comments posted. Is like a big circle jerk there, everyone wanting to feel good about their intentions while not doing a single constructive thing to make themselves or their families safer. Their ignorance is startling. They actually think new laws will stop gun crimes? Their lack of common sense is dangerous to themselves and our Republic.
    there is no free speech on their website. disagree, post will be removed and you will be banned from posting again

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Texas can only open carry rifles.

This however, is what we are fighting, the mindset of the MdA group

This isn't about rifles, they want it all. the leaders of the group are just not as quick to post it that way

"If I ever see an armed person at ANY store I am in: I am calling the police. I will NOT be subjected to anyone openly displaying a weapon. Ever"

Since open carry is legal (here at least), wouldn't calling the police constitute false reporting and be punishable by law?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "If I ever see an armed person at ANY store I am in: I am calling the police. I will NOT be subjected to anyone openly displaying a weapon. Ever"

Since open carry is legal (here at least), wouldn't calling the police constitute false reporting and be punishable by law?

You'd think so.
    But I never hear of people being charged.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I stand behind my statement. Anyone carrying an AR or an AK into a coffee shop on a normal day like everything is all hunky dory is an IDIOT. Are you legally allowed to? Yes, in Indiana, you are until you're asked to leave. But that doesn't mean you should. And anyone who thinks it's ok is an idiot and paints gun owners in a bad light. This isn't Iraq. Carry reasonably and responsibly. There's no reason to terrify other people by carrying a long gun slung over your back in public.

No, but with language like that, I might be tempted to think of you that way.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed. I just think they're using the long gun OCers to paint all gun owners in a bad light, and they're doing a pretty good job of it. It's forced quite a few businesses into a corner where they've had to ask people to not carry in their stores. I have yet to see a case where they just ask people not to carry long guns in (although that would be optimal). They just group all gun owners together and ask that nobody carry any guns in their store.

For the people that say the rifle OCers are forcing the issue.

That would imply that MDA would only stop, if there were no OC'd rifles.
    Does anyone believe that.
    Cause it looks to me like they don't want any gun, rifle or pistol, OC'd or CC'd, carried, or at home.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Well, they removed all my comments. So much for free speech on their site. I did not even call anyone an idiot, moron, etc. But the antis who called me such names still have their comments posted. Is like a big circle jerk there, everyone wanting to feel good about their intentions while not doing a single constructive thing to make themselves or their families safer. Their ignorance is startling. They actually think new laws will stop gun crimes? Their lack of common sense is dangerous to themselves and our Republic.
    It's an echo chamber, the only opinions that they want to hear are their own and they can't let facts get in the way of a good opinion. They'll let a gun owner post there in the hopes they'll say something nasty that they can turn into propaganda while they say things like....

[video=youtube;Jj3I9jPfasA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj3I9jPfasA[/video]

Poll about it on local news media is pretty one-sided so far too.

Moms: Don?t flash your gun at Kroger | Fox 59
    See! Fox News, the Koch Brothers, and the evil NRA are conspiring to keep guns on the streets until they run red with blood #thinkofthechildren #wontsomeonepleasethinkofthechildren

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, obviously the goal is to put a stop to MDA's lunacy, and hopefully gun owners will do so using facts and logic.

Ironically, it's been almost a constant, inevitable, foreseeable, preventable result of the stunt OCT pulled at Chipotle's.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    For the people that say the rifle OCers are forcing the issue.

That would imply that MDA would only stop, if there were no OC'd rifles.
    Does anyone believe that.
    Cause it looks to me like they don't want any gun, rifle or pistol, OC'd or CC'd, carried, or at home.

I don't blame the folks who OC the rifles, of course people are going to feel compelled to make statements in defense of their freedom when they feel it is being threatened.
    I blame groups like MDA and others who have absolutely zero comprehension of firearms and the second amendment.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I stand behind my statement. Anyone carrying an AR or an AK into a coffee shop on a normal day like everything is all hunky dory is an IDIOT. Are you legally allowed to? Yes, in Indiana, you are until you're asked to leave. But that doesn't mean you should. And anyone who thinks it's ok is an idiot and paints gun owners in a bad light. This isn't Iraq. Carry reasonably and responsibly. There's no reason to terrify other people by carrying a long gun slung over your back in public.

So we should all restrict our actions based upon whether you think it is reasonable? No thanks. Keep calling us who believe in freedom idiots and other names. You seem to have a lot in common with MDA.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    “Millions of customers are present in our busy grocery stores every day and we don’t want to put our associates in a position of having to confront a customer who is legally carrying a gun,” Daily said.
    “We know that our customers are passionate on both sides of this issue and we trust them to be responsible in our stores.”

That's as good of a response that our community can ask for. Show them your appreciation.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Business just want to sell goods and services. If they ask people not to stage Pro-life vs Pro-Choice demonstrations in their stores it doesn't mean they are Anti-1AD.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

And I stand behind my statements.
    I'm an idiot because I OC.
    I'm an idiot because it's a revolver
    I'm an idiot because I won't consent to a search of my vehicle.
    I'm an idiot because when I OC, I don't dress up, to better represent gun owners.

Various statements on INGO.
    Sorry, I don't call other people to ask them their opinion on if I meet their approval when I'm following the law.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm gonna rewrite this a bit, and see if the general statements in here hold true...

"I stand behind my statement. Anyone advertising that fact that they are Jewish in a coffee shop on a normal day like everything is all hunky dory is an IDIOT. Are you legally allowed to? Yes, In Indiana, you are until you're asked to leave. But that doesn't mean you should. Anyone who thinks it's ok is an idiot and paints the jewish people in a bad light. This isn't Germany. Practice your religion reasonably and responsibly. There's no reason to intimidate other people by advertising your religion in public."

or how about:

"I stand behind my statement. Anyone refusing to be searched by police in a coffee shop on a normal day like everything is all hunky dory is an IDIOT. Are you legally allowed to not be searched? Yes, in Indiana, you can't be searched until police have probable cause or a reasonable suspicion that a crime has occurred, or for their protection. And anyone who thinks it's ok to refuse a search is an idiot and paints american citizens in a bad light. This isn't Iran. Consent and allow a search, however unreasonable. There is no reason to terrify other people by refusing to be searched and getting the JBT's wound up in public."

or.....

"I stand behind my statement. Anyone refusing to allow local parties officials the chance to inspect your voter ballet at the polling box on election day is an IDIOT. Are you legally allowed privacy while voting? Yes, in Indiana, you can vote and have that vote be private. But that doesn't mean you should. And anyone who thinks it's okay to refuse inspection is an idiot and paints voters in a bad light. This isn't Iraq, we can't ink our finger blue. Vote with proper supervision, responsibly. There is no reason to terrify local party officials by potentially voting in the wrong person to a public office."

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You have no common sense if you are carrying an AR15 into a coffee shop like it's Iraq.

I carry daily, but I realize that I don't live in a war zone. Try to have some common sense. It's idiots like the ones carrying AR's around like they're in a war zone that get us all labled as "crazy gun toting idiots."

The old saying "just because you can doesn't mean you should" applies very well here.

So we should all restrict our actions based upon whether you think it is reasonable? No thanks. Keep calling us who believe in freedom idiots and other names. You seem to have a lot in common with MDA.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    OCing a pistol is quite different than OCing a rifle. It's an issue of common sense. Again, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

And I stand behind my statements.
    I'm an idiot because I OC.
    I'm an idiot because it's a revolver
    I'm an idiot because I won't consent to a search of my vehicle.
    I'm an idiot because when I OC, I don't dress up, to better represent gun owners.

Various statements on INGO.
    Sorry, I don't call other people to ask them their opinion on if I meet their approval when I'm following the law.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You have no common sense if you are carrying an AR15 into a coffee shop like it's Iraq.

I carry daily, but I realize that I don't live in a war zone. Try to have some common sense. It's idiots like the ones carrying AR's around like they're in a war zone that get us all labled as "crazy gun toting idiots."

The old saying "just because you can doesn't mean you should" applies very well here.

I believe all incidents of people w/ rifles have been during demonstrations. Nothing wrong with peaceful demonstrations. Doing it outside of that realm is, however, impractical and stupid. (This sentiment is exclusive for rifles, not sidearms.)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Agreed.

During demonstrations, I have no issue. It's when there's one guy in the store "demonstrating on his own" that I have issue.

I believe all incidents of people w/ rifles have been during demonstrations. Nothing wrong with peaceful demonstrations. Doing it outside of that realm is, however, impractical and stupid. (This sentiment is exclusive for rifles, not sidearms.)

Top Bottom