• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The folks I saw interviewed on the news are totally oblivious to the SA issues we now need to have.
    Thugs thieves and villeins know no boundary's anymore. They see the Monon as an easy target.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    The folks I saw interviewed on the news are totally oblivious to the SA issues we now need to have.
    Thugs thieves and villeins know no boundary's anymore. They see the Monon as an easy target.

SA would be pretty hard on the monon as the brush would completely hide people until they decide to jump out, two in front and two behind you, they would have the ability to come from no where and be on top of you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    SA would be pretty hard on the monon as the brush would completely hide people until they decide to jump out, two in front and two behind you, they would have the ability to come from no where and be on top of you.

Brush? There's no brush at 86th Street. Why do people think the baddies always jump out at them??? It's always a meeting engagement, not an ambush.

I am having a hard time envisioning where on the Monon this would be possible.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Brush? There's no brush at 86th Street. Why do people think the baddies always jump out at them??? It's always a meeting engagement, not an ambush.

I've only ever been on/near the Monon around Broad Ripple. Isn't it a bit more secluded south of Broad Ripple? I thought I recalled a particularly ****ty part of town the more south you go on it...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well yeah but my meaning was they are not self reliant in the least. In the interviews I saw they were deer in the head lights Duh.

But, that said, this is an ongoing situation. It happens all the time. They should be aware or stay off the trail.
    Jog in groups.
    It does seriously suck when folks are no longer safe anywhere they go.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

South of broadripple near the def school there are a bunch of spots where there are bushes or tall vegitation on either side of you.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I've only ever been on/near the Monon around Broad Ripple. Isn't it a bit more secluded south of Broad Ripple? I thought I recalled a particularly ****ty part of town the more south you go on it..

No. There is brush from 56th to 52nd Street, but it is not "secluded" as there is heavy traffic in Broad Ripple.

Any fight on the Monon will be a Meeting Engagement. You can see them, they can see you.

South of broadripple near the def school there are a bunch of spots where there are bushes or tall vegitation on either side of you.

Between 46th and 42nd? Not in my memory. I'll look Saturday and report back.

We've had no problems, but we are large (6'+, all nearly 200 lbs.) adult males in a group who communicate and look like they are carrying guns.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    They say the 4 juveniles "hit and kicked" people.

Maybe we need an INGO Monon Meet 'n Greet. Guessing these ****-birds would think twice about "hitting and kicking" some exercising INGO'ers.

Runners robbed on Monon Trail | Fox 59
    Group of juveniles reportedly attack, rob Monon Trail users | WISH-TV
    Police seek teens who attacked, robbed men on Monon Trail
    An INGO meet&greet, to include some OC, might have IMPD scrambling in response to a multiple MWAG callwaaa2. Right,as for thugs, they won't move unless the odds are in their favor like 5-1 or they think they're the only ones carrying. That said, the monon itself is nice and there are bars or places to eat at 86th st and BR

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I hope these YUT's meet up with somebody like the guy at my High School that I went to in Muncie (Go Bearcats). We were sitting in the lunch room eating lunch when we saw four YUT's surround a guy that was Deaf, as he was just trying to come into the building. Thay started pushing him back and forth between themselves. About that time the dude transformed into Bruce Lee and was doing flying roundhouse kicks and in about 10 seconds flat all four YUT's were flat on the ground. It was the coolest thing I have ever witnessed in real life.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    It's not our job...with freedom comes responsibility. These people are responsible for their own well-being. I am not saying I would not try to help if I was there at the time, but I certainly will not go out looking for trouble.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

Are you a skeert?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I lived right on the trail for nearly three years. There are plenty of places someone could hide and attack.

Unlike what was said earlier in the thread this does not happen all the time. In fact it's been a few years since I heard it last.

These animals attacked in daylight at Nora. That says they aren't afraid and will attack again I think.

Top Bottom