• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Citation please? Offhand, I can think of nothing that would prohibit carry there...

this obviously isn't hardcore verification, but perhaps will jog memories

Gun carry was prohibited in Indianapolis city parks until the state voided such local ordinances. The Monon (within Indianapolis) is a city park. I'm not sure what its status is in Carmel or what the laws were there.

Guns To Be Allowed In Playgrounds - TheIndyChannel.com

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Not the Monon. No firearm.

But, putting this here, as a representative story of attitude is a big factor in self defense. And I didn't want to clog BBI's thread.
    RAF man Neil McCarthy fights off armed Chicago muggers - BBC News

A former RAF serviceman turned the tables on knife-wielding muggers who attacked him on a trip to Chicago.
    Neil McCarthy, from Plymouth, and his girlfriend, Carisa Lerner, were walking by Lake Michigan when three men approached them.
    The 27-year-old handed over his iPhone and wallet but "lost it" when he saw the attackers "manhandling" Ms Lerner.
    Mr McCarthy was stabbed in the shoulder but overcame the gang and two of the assailants were later arrested.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The entire situation needs to be turned around until the scumbags become terrified to venture out on the trail. Imagine.

Criminals living in fear of being shot the instant they act out? That sounds like the free republic we are supposed to have!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Noon. Not midnight.

Check, but that's been the traditional draw to the Monon around BR. Lots of wobbly drunks in the dark who've wandered off from the herd. I did an anti-robbery deal there for a bit and those drunks looked so much like prey I couldn't believe they hadn't attracted more predators then they had.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Check, but that's been the traditional draw to the Monon around BR. Lots of wobbly drunks in the dark who've wandered off from the herd. I did an anti-robbery deal there for a bit and those drunks looked so much like prey I couldn't believe they hadn't attracted more predators then they had.

OK, so if I were feeling ornery and wanted to do things like tying people's shoe laces together or decorating their faces with magic marker and then standing back to watch and laugh, now I know where to go!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Citation please? Offhand, I can think of nothing that would prohibit carry there...

Here you go! :):

800px-Chevrolet_Citation_II_front.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    South of broadripple near the def school there are a bunch of spots where there are bushes or tall vegitation on either side of you.
    Between 46th and 42nd? Not in my memory. I'll look Saturday and report back.

We've had no problems, but we are large (6'+, all nearly 200 lbs.) adult males in a group who communicate and look like they are carrying guns.

We rode the Monon last Saturday, before and during the rain.

No ambush sites. You can see trouble coming and avoid it.

mikeruth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I missed that one. I told my wife the from now on we were watching the news on all Indy channels so as not to miss something. She is not happy. She only like one channel.

I want know about the Monon, the restaurants, the gas stations, the...

Top Bottom