• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Brush? There's no brush at 86th Street. Why do people think the baddies always jump out at them??? It's always a meeting engagement, not an ambush.

I am having a hard time envisioning where on the Monon this would be possible.

There's a stretch between 106th & 111th that is a little bushy, though certainly not secluded. if you weren't paying attention to what is going on around you and the leaves hadn't dropped yet, you would be more likely to be taken by surprise than the stretch between 116th and Bubs.

Also a little bushy just north of Smokey Row where it meets the Hagan Burke Trail.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I can see this happening, especially in that area or farther north, lots of brush on all sides with houses that have their own entrances to the monon, very easy for someone to hide in there ..... just bummed they didnt attack me while I was exercising around that area.... and my wife asks me why I carry while cycling.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I can see this happening, especially in that area or farther north, lots of brush on all sides with houses that have their own entrances to the monon, very easy for someone to hide in there ..... just bummed they didnt attack me while I was exercising around that area.... and my wife asks me why I carry while cycling.

Agreed. Quite a few areas with cover between the White River and Carmel.

I'm not sure why they would keep doing this though.

Perhaps the reality will unfold to them that most people don't carry a lot of stuff while running. I can't imagine a cell phone being worth much on the black market.

I know crooks are stupid.... but I assume they at least want some financial result.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

Perhaps the reality will unfold to them that most people don't carry a lot of stuff while running. I can't imagine a cell phone being worth much on the black market.

I know crooks are stupid.... but I assume they at least want some financial result.

They seem to like rape as well...

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

It may not even be about the robbing. These groups of animals seem to just do it for fun these days.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Dave proposes and organized open season on hoodlums. Thin down the herd and the remainder will find better things to do with themselves.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I hope these YUT's meet up with somebody like the guy at my High School that I went to in Muncie (Go Bearcats). We were sitting in the lunch room eating lunch when we saw four YUT's surround a guy that was Deaf, as he was just trying to come into the building. Thay started pushing him back and forth between themselves. About that time the dude transformed into Bruce Lee and was doing flying roundhouse kicks and in about 10 seconds flat all four YUT's were flat on the ground. It was the coolest thing I have ever witnessed in real life.

Awesome!

I say we call in Phoenix Jones.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    and some yogurt to cool off after a hard days work

Yeah I picked that up too. Was it that self-serve yogurt shop or were they stealing plastic spoons and napkins?

Sometime back there was a lot of baddies mugging the Monon around Broad Ripple. They must've figured those hippies weren't carrying. The 40-somethings near 86th St need to lose the ear-buds and develop some SA. They could lose more than their new phone.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yeah I picked that up too. Was it that self-serve yogurt shop or were they stealing plastic spoons and napkins?

Sometime back there was a lot of baddies mugging the Monon around Broad Ripple. They must've figured those hippies weren't carrying. The 40-somethings near 86th St need to lose the ear-buds and develop some SA. They could lose more than their new phone.

the way I remember it, it was not legal to carry on the Monon until about 2 years ago when the preemption changed

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    There's a stretch between 106th & 111th that is a little bushy, though certainly not secluded. if you weren't paying attention to what is going on around you and the leaves hadn't dropped yet, you would be more likely to be taken by surprise than the stretch between 116th and Bubs.

That's my territory, the neighborhoods in this area have very active crimewatches, the last thugs we had here got caught before they could even think about getting away.

86th to 91st is the current hot zone, it's a wooded corridor, among commercial development, surrounded by apartments, there is ample places to hide before and after an attack.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's my territory, the neighborhoods in this area have very active crimewatches, the last thugs we had here got caught before they could even think about getting away.

86th to 91st is the current hot zone, it's a wooded corridor, among commercial development, surrounded by apartments, there is ample places to hide before and after an attack.

I honestly can't remember there ever being an instance of someone being robbed, on the monon,north of 96th. The have been a few instances of clowns breaking into cars and trying to use the monon as an escape route, but like you said, the neighborhood crime watches in that area are no joke. Most instances we get who we're looking for.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    2098082-young-man-with-machete-isolated-on-white.jpg
    This is my jogging outfit.....

Top Bottom