• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    spent about 3 hours hiking through the woods around eagle creek today and didn't see a thing. i'm headed out this week though to see if anything starts popping up.

Neal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    North central Indiana
    I am now approaching 60 years of age, and lived here my entire life. I have never heard of finding mushrooms in Indiana in March. This is a bizarre weather year. Makes me wonder what the summer will be like. Also, the last real good year we had for mushrooms here was 1996. We has so many we were giving them away to friends. I keep hoping for another year like that, but so far, no luck. :(

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    my daughter and i went out for about 1 1/2 hrs. today. whole lot of nothing as far as mushrooms, but had a good time. saw lots of wood ducks and geese, and we had fun watching a female merganser try to swallow an approximately 8-10" largemouth it had caught; it finally gave up and went back to fishing.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I am now approaching 60 years of age, and lived here my entire life. I have never heard of finding mushrooms in Indiana in March. This is a bizarre weather year. Makes me wonder what the summer will be like. Also, the last real good year we had for mushrooms here was 1996. We has so many we were giving them away to friends. I keep hoping for another year like that, but so far, no luck. :(

We found a few grays Saturday evening on a ridge in a poplar grove,(and one large elephant ear).I agree with you that this is the earliest by far that I have found mushrooms in Indiana....What happened last year?We found more mushrooms last year than I can ever remember finding in Indiana.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    found 50 last night...all under 1 elm...30 more today....

10s7rs4.jpg

tag4f6.jpg

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Well, it surely rained last week! I'm going tomorrow, thanks for reminding me. I wish I knew more than one place to look, since my spot has been dry for the last two years. I suppose timing is more important than location, so I should just scour the river banks. By the way, I read that you should look under Cotton Wood trees (the deepest grooved bark), especially ones that have fallen over, and that's how I found my first patch. Any other advice would be appreciated, specific to Indiana.

Last edited:

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Do you have to wait until it rains? I'm thinking about going today and having another look

Top Bottom