• ...and so much more!
  • txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    Now ass I was saying:
    OC is legal with the issued LTCH and many LEOs choose to express opposing opinions in many different ways. I try to keep a small audio recorder handy to capture such opinions in a format that I can share with legal counsel and legislative representatives. I do not want a new law or a new permanent law forcing gov to respect my individual rights. Instead a penalty on gov for infringing individual rights. Unheard of through the nation unless your in Kennessaw Georgia or parts of AK.
    We will never see the gun taken off the table if we keep it covered up.

OC is an educational opportunity we must take to educate the public and those LEOs who do not know the law. Those LEOs who do know the law in this regard and oppose it may need adjustment. Finding this need, identifying this need, and finally sharing this need with LEOs supervisors and management and legislators is not beyond or beneath anyone here.

I wear this pistol first for my protection. Second for the protection of my family and friends. Third for the protection of others who may not be able to protect themselves. Activist I am but that is not why I wear this pistol.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You're absolutely certain you're either going to have a knee in your back on the pavement or will be eating Crown Vic, but it's all in your presentation.

Presentation!?!? Are you going to draw your pistol on the officer?!

. . . .

Wait. . . wrong thread. . .

BoR is wise.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Now ass I was saying:
    OC is legal with the issued LTCH and many LEOs choose to express opposing opinions in many different ways. I try to keep a small audio recorder handy to capture such opinions in a format that I can share with legal counsel and legislative representatives. I do not want a new law or a new permanent law forcing gov to respect my individual rights. Instead a penalty on gov for infringing individual rights. Unheard of through the nation unless your in Kennessaw Georgia or parts of AK.
    We will never see the gun taken off the table if we keep it covered up.

OC is an educational opportunity we must take to educate the public and those LEOs who do not know the law. Those LEOs who do know the law in this regard and oppose it may need adjustment. Finding this need, identifying this need, and finally sharing this need with LEOs supervisors and management and legislators is not beyond or beneath anyone here.

I wear this pistol first for my protection. Second for the protection of my family and friends. Third for the protection of others who may not be able to protect themselves. Activist I am but that is not why I wear this pistol.

What'd you call me?

Kidding,

I really like the idea of a penalty for infringing rights. Ignorance of the law certainly doesn't get me off the hook and intent only comes into play on a few of them. Accountability. Need to get a digital recorder or figure out how to use the one in my cell phone. I used to carry around a micro cassette recorder but it gave up the ghost. I don't run into opposition where I live (but I'm willing to travel.;)) Activism is, of course, lower on my priorities than defense, but without it I fear my right to defense will be compromised in the long run. Good men doing nothing - as the saying goes.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    What'd you call me?

Kidding,

I really like the idea of a penalty for infringing rights. Ignorance of the law certainly doesn't get me off the hook and intent only comes into play on a few of them. Accountability. Need to get a digital recorder or figure out how to use the one in my cell phone. I used to carry around a micro cassette recorder but it gave up the ghost. I don't run into opposition where I live (but I'm willing to travel.;)) Activism is, of course, lower on my priorities than defense, but without it I fear my right to defense will be compromised in the long run. Good men doing nothing - as the saying goes.

That's great. When you don't know what law you just broke the response is "it's your responsibility to know the laws."

I guess turnabout should be fair play!

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Those rights do not exist in reality here in Marion County.. they might elsewhere in this state, but not in Indianapolis.

Where I live in Speedway... they have a local code that states it's illegal to open carry and conceal carry any firearm.

It's an insane law.

Can you please post a reference for this code you posted?

I have been oc'ing aroung marion county for almost a year. I have yet to have a negative encounter with police or joe citizen. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. I'm also willing to bet that I'll eventualy be involved in a car accident. Still going to drive.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    As for cops, screw them. If they are messing with you they are just pissed off because you have a gun that is probably the same or better than theirs. All their power is out the window and they are mad because you are equal with them.
    Hey, hey, hey!!!! The po po have feelings too, you know???? Damnit!!!! This place needs a smiley with a badge!! :fawk: Guess this one will have to do. :D

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    We don't have a problem with police who respect citizens. It's the ones that think they're better than us because they wear a badge and have the right to violate our Constitutional rights that really irk me :D

Most police are good, nice people :D

jerrysbad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    OC vs CC

Sometimes it doesn't matter which.
    Just having it in the car, never seen, and an irate ex girlfriend calls the law. "he brandished a weapon". (never happened, she never was near the car)
    Columbus PD with county, 5 cars, felony stop. deputy with a shotgun pointed at your head, shaking in his boots.
    Detained for 3 hours. all cleared. had to ask them to take me back to my car.
    Often think anymore about calling 911 if I'm being stopped again and telling them I'm being stopped, I'm armed, but pose no threat and will cooperate completely. And please let the deputy know this.
    could it help?

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Sometimes it doesn't matter which.
    Just having it in the car, never seen, and an irate ex girlfriend calls the law. "he brandished a weapon". (never happened, she never was near the car)
    Columbus PD with county, 5 cars, felony stop. deputy with a shotgun pointed at your head, shaking in his boots.
    Detained for 3 hours. all cleared. had to ask them to take me back to my car.
    Often think anymore about calling 911 if I'm being stopped again and telling them I'm being stopped, I'm armed, but pose no threat and will cooperate completely. And please let the deputy know this.
    could it help?

it couldn't hurt. while i don't think we are required by law to do so here in indiana, i think it would take some of the stress off the officer

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    :+1: to BoR. When it comes to the BIG issues like 2A we are ALL on the same side. We shouldn't let the petty differences keep us from unifying on the important stuff especially with the current political climate.

OC, CC, offer to take people to the range, take them shooting trap, talk to them about our rights as citizens, do what you can to preserve our liberties and of course BE SAFE.

HiRoller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Indianapolis East
    Open Carry works for me. Today I was working on my truck in the back yard and up walks the local crackhead, I see him wandering around the neighborhood all of the time. He starts to give me his spiel about being down at the gas station with with his family and being broke needed a few dollars for gas to get home. I am standing half behind the bed of the truck obscuring his view of my openly carried 629. As I walk around to meet his advance of 20 or 30 feet onto my property, his story line changed to "well...... I really wouldn't want to get shot" and "sorry to bother you" I didn't have to say a word.

Open carry does work !!!! Try it you'll like it !!!!

Top Bottom