• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mattfoley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Wayne Co.
    I mostly just OC around the neighborhood when walking with my wife and pushing my son in the stroller.

Eventually I will get brave enough to go other places...

cigarman454

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    East Central, IN
    OC OR CC WE HAVE TO STAY UNITED

People we have to quit arguing and unite. If someone wants to OC that is his or her right and we need to support them on this issue.
    UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.:):

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Play time is over!!!

What no links to previous debates? :D
    Ok let’s get this started off hot and heavy, I think some people OC because they are wannabes, attention seekers, or kooks. I only see one tactical advantage to OC and that would be a quick draw. How much slower if any while CCing? snip

I'm strictly average speed, so decide for yourself whether or not the speed difference is noticeable.

Open Carry
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcZFeRiP6Fo&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Shooting 6-1-08 Draw from OC[/ame]

Cover garment
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqly1p0fm_E&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Shooting 6-1-08 Draw from under cover garmet[/ame]

Under a shirt
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSeodfJc-nU&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Shooting 6-1-08 Draw from under T-shirt[/ame]

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I'm not concerned enough about getting my message out or that 1/4 second decrease in draw time to put up with the hassle of MWG calls and other annoying issues.

That's fine. Not every one is cut out to stand up for our Constitutional rights.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Man you dug this one up from the grave. I have all ready been converted by ATM and Bill of Rights. One problem with video you using a WHEEL GUN, just kidding pretty impressive even with a wheel gun.:D

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I like the pocket carry because I can have shooting grip at any time. That might make the difference for me to then grip my smartcarried larger gun.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I understand your concern, but there would be no grounds to cuff you as you are not breaking any law. Remain civil, polite, and firm. You cannot be arrested for legally carrying.

snip

You actually CAN be arrested for legally carrying, and it has happened to people before.

It's just not lawful conduct on behalf of those making the arrest.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Man you dug this one up from the grave. I have all ready been converted by ATM and Bill of Rights. One problem with video you using a WHEEL GUN, just kidding pretty impressive even with a wheel gun.:D

Actually, this thread showed up on my "New Posts" list and I keep forgetting to check thread dates before posting LOL.

I LOVE revolvers, and miss having one.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I like your vids Joe. I have a small problem with your CC though. I would call that OC lite. Or CC lite. Which ever way you want to spin it. To me CC is absolutely no printing. No matter what position your in. Also no chance of a garmet being blown back to expose your weapon. A t-shirt would work but it would need to be an oversized t-shirt that hangs low and will not print easily. I guess I consider CC to be deep concealment which is worthless in my mind.

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    in my opinion if we have the right do do something that is reason enough for someone to want to do something, btw we are suposed to be free ... aren't we?...free to do what were told we can do.

DiamProducer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Anderson
    I hate to get into an OC/CC debate. Mainly because I feel people should carry how THEY see fit. I personally do both. Most of the time I use an OWB holster and just put my shirt over it. If I'm printing I don't care. In the summer I do OC more than in winter. I don't OC to educate, intimidate, or look like a hardass. When I OC it is mainly for comfort only. I have never personally had a problem OCing either. I do agree that these OC/CC debates do get a lot of opinions and thoughts out there that some of us have never thought of, and some of them are extremely entertaining. Sometimes people do take these to heart and get upset though. I'm sure this post didn't add much to the conversation, but maybe it shows the reasons people both OC and CC.

xamsx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    NW
    I hate to get into an OC/CC debate. Mainly because I feel people should carry how THEY see fit. I personally do both. Most of the time I use an OWB holster and just put my shirt over it. If I'm printing I don't care. In the summer I do OC more than in winter. I don't OC to educate, intimidate, or look like a hardass. When I OC it is mainly for comfort only. I have never personally had a problem OCing either. I do agree that these OC/CC debates do get a lot of opinions and thoughts out there that some of us have never thought of, and some of them are extremely entertaining. Sometimes people do take these to heart and get upset though. I'm sure this post didn't add much to the conversation, but maybe it shows the reasons people both OC and CC.
    Well said :yesway:
    +1

Top Bottom