• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Says the D'boy wannabe who never served his nation in the Armed Forces honorably, but wants to play G.I. Joe on a constant daily basis. :rolleyes:
    :dunno:
    Some help for those of us who aren't ghetto impaired... what is this "d'boy" you speak of?

You are obviously trolling. I've got several friends who are Marines. I'm not buying your act. As to my prior service, if you're interested use the search function.

I dress like a thug.. that's news to me.
    You speak and act like one. I just assumed you dress the part as well.

If you are going to claim the title of Marine, you could at least show some class.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

You are obviously trolling. I've got several friends who are Marines.

Wish they were on this board.

As to my prior service, if you're interested use the search function.

If you are going to claim the title of Marine, you could at least show some class.

I can vouch for MACHINEGUNS service; I can't say the same for the "search results" on yours. Please enlighten us with a link for us lowly, classless Marines.

Really with your writing skills and pashion for the 2 AM I would expect more class from you also and give us some points or views on the OP topic of CC vs OC not Marine bashing.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    But you can only spread the word to those you choose. If someone is inquisitive or on the fence, OCing gives them an opening to see and approach YOU to get information.

I think you may be on to something here for most people. I don't need an opening to spread the word, I am a kook. :D

I have no problem with OC I am only giving the reasons why I don't.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    They way I read it Rhino is that you OC in packs, not alone.

Try that around any "hood" being white... you'll be stopped.. I guarantee it.

I'm not talking about some rich upscale neighborhoods or malls.

I'm mainly speaking of the eastside when I was always messed with.

It's a different beast out that way.. still is today too.

Too much crime there.. the cops think everyone is their enemy.

No disrespect to Metro40 or any other LEO's on this board, but unless you grew up on the eastside of Indianapolis like I did... you don't know.
    How do you read that I OC? I guess you can say I OC with a pack, but the pack is my wife and kids. I haven't gone to any of the events yet.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    notagain.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    What do you mean "CC attacks"?

Arguments about why CC is wrong. For example, an OC attack would be to say that OCers want the attention and are GI Joes. A CC attack could claim that people who CC are chickenshit and not smart enough to engage in debate, and thus hide their faces.

I think the point that others were trrying to make is that OCers don't trash CCer, but CCers frequently trash OCers. If I am misinterpreting, or putting words in someone else's mouth, I apologize.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    :wow: I went to sleep and missed all the fun. You guys have been busy.:@ya:

I'll start with a side note: The top of this thread was a split off (thanks Evan:yesway:)from another thread and Machinegun and I had gone to PM shortly thereafter where we were very civil and friendly in a short continued discussion. Carry events and the idea of having them in recently known "problem" areas are definitely worth my drive. I said I would love to drive to Indy to support and meet with MG other members. I like the fact that it has also been brought up by several others in this thread. When we get together FTF I bet we aren't arguing like we do here. We are one in spirit and purpose. So lets get together more frequently and in more areas for our own sakes.:)

Now... who in their right mind (okay, kooks too:D) wants to inform me why I should not OC?

I know why many of you don't. I respect and support your decision even if not all the reasons.

But please, convince me why I shouldn't OC or support those who choose to.
    :popcorn:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Hmm, he has a point. I would hope that all would cover up their tupperware!

*Ducks and hides from EVERYONE that was at the NWI OC event*

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I am amused at the thought of me leading a roving gang of steely-eyed people with visible pistols, causing absolutely no trouble whatsoever everywhere we go.

:pimp::draw:

By "gang" do you mean like a Latin kings type organization, or a Sharks v. Jets type thing? I am just trying to paint the proper mental picture. Can John wear his pony tail with a pinstripe suit and tophat? Or would it be more like FUBU and 4 inches of asscrack?

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    I OC most days in Indianapolis. As I do work I am not OC all day.
    So much disruption in this thread over manner of speech and typing. Thugery and marines. Totally hosed all value in a discussion thread.

Some things to keep in mind when you know you may interact with less than enthusiastic popo is popo's training and leadership. When popo is wrong or decide to harass you it might be smart to keep a small digital voice recorder handy that may go unnoticed while recording. You may want to review state law but I have confirmed with a lawyer and Brizzi that 1st person knowledge is all that is required to record a conversation or lecture.

My experiences have not all been slick and tickled. Met three ISP at a Wendy's on my way home one day (payed cash for food). Supervisor, trooper, and a noob all around me. Trooper was sent in first and initiated contact and went downhill after he checks DL against LCH and the statement they recognize the law does not bar me from OC but he is advising me against it. I interupted and cut to the chase with Supervisor Kennedy who was recently in the PR shop at HQ. She wants to rant about the nuts who are coming back from sandbox just crazy enough to wrestle cops for guns(Rambo First Blood repeated to often?). She also wanted to rand about her experience (Experience in HQ communications relating to reporters and organizing public notices?). I try to stay calm throughout and explain my understanding of ICC 35-47 and the relationship this has with case law. I question if she is aware of any case or instance of an attack on non LEO for OC. She stepped on the confusion turned statute and case law inside out and I stopped her repeating the question if she was aware of any case of an individual being attacked because of an OC weapon. She could no.

I am still cussing myself for leaving my personal digital recording device in the truck. This occurred several months. I allowed a cooling off before posting so much of the meeting.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Wish they were on this board.
    One is.

Really with your writing skills and pashion for the 2 AM I would expect more class from you also and give us some points or views on the OP topic of CC vs OC not Marine bashing.

I've heard Jarheads are heads are dense but jeez... <--- that is a bash (lovingly, but a gentle bash none the less).

My comments were directed at the crude and inane drivel spewing from machinegun's keyboard and tarnishing the good name of the Corps. Not at "Marines". Normally the ghetto and that sort of immaturity are purged during recruit training. In short, I expect more. I have no reason to doubt your "vouch" and occasionally one does slip thru the cracks :patriot:

Top Bottom