• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    What’s so hard about dropping the mag then racking the slide? Doesn’t matter if it’s a Glock or not.

In a perfect world simple but remember These days new cars have alarms to remind people to check the back seat, don't change lanes or apply the breaks so theres that. LOL

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Once again...."negligent" and "accidental" are not mutually exclusive. It is theoretically possible to have an accidental discharge that is not negligent (mechanical failure, for instance), but pretty much all negligent discharges are accidental.

Accident: "An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally."
    Only 99.99% mutually-IN-clusive!

Jin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    May 20, 2019
    Salamonie
    For those of you that have experience working at gun stores:

How often would you say there is an ND? Based on some of the videos I see about it, seems like it’s a too frequent occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    For those of you that have experience working at gun stores:

How often would you say there is an ND? Based on some of the videos I see about it, seems like it’s a too frequent occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bradis has (had?) a jar full of rounds on the counter labeled “these firearms were unloaded”.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    LOL! More than just one kind as well...
    joke.gif

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Appendix carry reholstering makes that and cb's rule one ... problematic
    Bull****! If you can’t appendix carry or reholster when appendix carrying without pointing the firearm at yourself find another way to carry. Belief in either 3 or 4 rules shouldn’t change that decision unless pretending a gun is loaded all the time allows one to point it at their junk occasionally.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The way I was taught. FIFO.
    ”Always treat a gun as if was loaded.” Sums it up in my opinion. If that person and another I knew would have done that they would not have gone to the ER. Also have heard “only point a weapon in the direction of something you want to destroy” the other has served me well. If the person being told these maxims are not listening in the first place, then it is moot. Keeping it simple ....
    I think you mean “Never point a weapon at anything you’re not willing to destroy”. Big difference, in a literal sense. NRA’s Three Rules all begin with the word “ALWAYS...” for good reason: clarity.

I’ll ask you all this: What does Cooper’s Rule #1 really say or mean? As an instructor or an observer, how can you know what someone is thinking unless by observing their actions? Those actions determine whether or not someone is handling a firearm safely. Therefore, keep it simple and make the rules describe observable actions which can be critiqued and corrected on the range or in a class.

John Correia of Active Self-Protection explains NRA’s Three Rules:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom