• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That would be a fairly early MK VI (doesn't help the value as the best guns were considered to be made after the 17xxx range, but it really doesn't hurt the value either). If you had a box that would add to the value. The MK VI came with either the walnut slabs or the Pachmyer or both grips. I think most of them had a flat black Pachmyer mainspring housing, don't think I've ever seen a MK VI with an arched housing but its likely there were some. Other models seemed to have either mainspring housing, I've got 4 of the MC guns in 9mm, 2 have flat mainspring housings and 2 have arched. They were pretty flexible in the factory with building guns to customer wishes. BTW, the pistol rug itself is worth about $45.00

Broadsword

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2011
    That would be a fairly early MK VI (doesn't help the value as the best guns were considered to be made after the 17xxx range, but it really doesn't hurt the value either). If you had a box that would add to the value. The MK VI came with either the walnut slabs or the Pachmyer or both grips. I think most of them had a flat black Pachmyer mainspring housing, don't think I've ever seen a MK VI with an arched housing but its likely there were some. Other models seemed to have either mainspring housing, I've got 4 of the MC guns in 9mm, 2 have flat mainspring housings and 2 have arched. They were pretty flexible in the factory with building guns to customer wishes. BTW, the pistol rug itself is worth about $45.00

Thanks for the education. I was going to take it to the gunshow in Wilmington tomorrow but I think I'll wait a bit and see what else I can learn about it.
    Broadsword

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    In really nice shape with a box (I understand you don't have yours) your gun is in the $800 range in value. Without the box but with manual, pistol rug, spare sights and sight changing tool, probably $750. Without the spare sights/tool, about $700. That is assuming there is no 'idiot' mark on the frame and the gun is in VERY good shape, polished sides are not showing wear, etc. Take $50 off for some visible wear if the gun was not a safe queen. MK VI guns were pretty common.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    One more thing for the wish list:rockwoot:

Here is a prototype photo of the other sides of the guns. My iPhone snap early in the thread shows pre-production guns that are essentially ready to go, but these don't have the final milling of the grips. Still this photo provides some information about the other side of the gun that was not visible in my picture.

detonics-split-frame-modular.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Keep watching this thread. Looking at my schedule for next week I may not be able to pick this gun up until Friday afternoon? High school Fencing season just started and I'm involved in coaching and building the blades for one of the local schools were my daughter fences varsity.

My thought is that I'll post in this thread when I get confirmation that the gun is received at the dealer.

Then I'll probably start a new thread for a review of the actual gun after it is received and I've had some experience shooting it.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Well, since you are busy, I would be honored to shake it down for you.

But on a tangent associated with fencing, have you seen the Stewart Granger movie, Scaramouche? There are some good fencing scenes.

Top Bottom