• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Phiper or how ever you spell it (the ceo) said they would be coming out with some of the Ruger Precision Rifles for lefties... I've been waiting forever, I think I may as well just spend extra money and build one. All of these product releases get me pumped only to be let down. :rolleyes:

No ****? Seriously?

I'd give my right nut for a Precision lefty in 6.5 Creedmoor.

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    That kit works great, I am really surprised Ruger did not make it a standard feature. With economy of mass production, I would not have added over $1.35 to the price of making a pistol.

Speed Strip Kit

My 22/45 LITE was horrible to take apart the first time. But I knew that going in.

Subsequent tear downs have been much easier. Especially with this:

https://www.tandemkross.com/Gunsmither-MKIII-and-2245-Pistol-Pal_p_52.html

It barely takes me longer to tear down my 22/45 than any other gun. If I'm lucky it goes back together easy the first time.

I'm all for the new Mark IV though, obviously I'd love it to be even easier, but I don't really see it being a deal breaker. And I hate working on guns.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Me either. You can pick up a Mark III for $350-$400.
    I prefer my Victory. Granted, the aftermarket is not nearly as large as the Mark III, but maybe that's because you don't need to "fix" or improve as many things?

I've shot a couple Mark IIIs decked out with tons of Volquartsen goodies-- triggers, barrels, grips, etc. And the takedown improvement tabs.

They were awesome.

But I can get that far or better for half as much money with the Victory. And out of the box, the Victory is IMO the clear winner for takedown convenience and factory trigger.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    That 22/45 lite looks nice.
    Completely agreed. Not crazy about the burnt bronze finish, I prefer simple stainless, but this is the one I was waiting for after the new Mark IV announcement... I will definitely have one of these to plink with (after the new S&W 2.75" NM 66, of course). Biggest reason I want one of these over the Victory (which as a S&W fan I really like), but the grip angle on this is more to my taste. The Mark IV grip angle is something I could get used to, but with the 22/45, I don't have to.

top.png

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Picked up the LCP ll last night. Haven't fired it yet but there appears to be a problem already. The magazine will not insert unless I depress the mag release button. Shined a light in it and you can see where there is not enough milled out of the radius to clear it. Just a slight push of the button clears it. Might fire some rounds through it before contacting Ruger. Haven't been to pleased with Ruger lately. My RAPc showed up missing items in the box, and the extractor on my LC9s flew out. LC9s is gone now, and I have a Shield.

Top Bottom