• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Before I bought my Victory, I had the chance to run my BFF's Mark3's with the entire catalog of Volquartsen goodies on them. Many mags of rounds through both a Target and a Hunter model with VQ triggers, grips, pull, etc. It's some of the most fun I've ever had.

IMO, the Victory is eating the Mark's lunch these days.

What I really wonder is the timing of the Mk 4 project relative to the Victory. Did Ruger get wind of the Victory and decided to get off their rear ends before or after the Victory launched?

No need for VQ goodies on my Victory, it's fantastic out of the box.

And <$400!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    What I really wonder is the timing of the Mk 4 project relative to the Victory. Did Ruger get wind of the Victory and decided to get off their rear ends before or after the Victory launched?

Can't say for sure, but apparently Ruger has been working on this update for at least three years.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ruger releases American Compact in 9mm.

Just Announced from Ruger:

"The New Ruger American Pistol – Compact 9mm

September, 2016

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is proud to introduce a 9mm (PRO and Manual Safety) compact version as a welcome addition to Ruger American Pistol line. Introduced in a “Duty” size this past January, the feature rich and moderately priced Ruger American Pistol has already established itself as one of the best duty pistols on the market today. Designed with the latest U.S. Military standards in mind, the gun endured torture tests in the harshest environmental conditions to prove its ruggedness and reliability.

Ruger polled law enforcement and military trainers throughout the country to determine the form, function and features of this firearm. The resultant new pistol combines a recoil-reducing barrel cam (which better spreads recoil over time) with a low mass slide, low center of gravity and a low bore axis to provide better balance, less felt recoil and less muzzle flip than comparable pistols.
    The Ruger American Pistol also features a pre-tensioned striker system, which allows for a short takeup trigger with positive reset, and a modular wrap-around grip system that adjusts palm swell and trigger reach to fit a wide range of hand sizes.

Available in 9mm Luger, in both Manual Safety configuration and PRO configuration, the compact pistol has overall dimensions of 6.65” long and 4.48” high with a 3.55” barrel and weighs in at 28.75 ounces with an empty magazine. It ships in a hard case with small, medium and large replaceable grip modules and two nickel-Teflon® plated steel magazines (one 17-round extended magazine and one 12 round compact magazine). The Compact Ruger American Pistol shares all of the features and rugged reliability of the Duty size gun in a smaller, lighter, more concealable package.

Every Ruger American Pistol is built in the USA on a rigid, one-piece, precision-machined, black nitrided, stainless steel chassis with integral frame rails and fire control housing. Additional features include genuine Novak® LoMount Carry three-dot sights, a stainless steel slide with non-reflective, black nitride finish, a one-piece, high-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame and a mil-standard 1913 accessory rail.

For more information on the Ruger American Pistol or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger® firearms, visit Ruger.com orFacebook.com/Ruger."

14524402_1219009131454204_3216213702233510781_o.jpg

14434929_10154143224574825_6323420812797802126_o.jpg

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I shot the American Compact depicted above last Saturday.

I could not get the thing to run. Traced back to CCI Blaser ammo. Weapon run like sewing machine with brass case ammo. BIG problems with Blaser.

This Sunday I am shooting a really cool new Ruger that I cannot discuss. I can hardly wait.:D

I promise to text rhino incessantly and then NOT tell him what I am shooting. Oh, the suffering. Oh, the pain I shall cause. Bwahahahaha.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I played wi than new mark iv roday, probably one of the easiest semi auto pistols I have even taken down! Controls are larger and easier to use, finish is nicer as well. All for around $50 more than a mark 3. Excellent!

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Ruger releases American Compact in 9mm.

Just Announced from Ruger:

"The New Ruger American Pistol – Compact 9mm

September, 2016

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is proud to introduce a 9mm (PRO and Manual Safety) compact version as a welcome addition to Ruger American Pistol line. Introduced in a “Duty” size this past January, the feature rich and moderately priced Ruger American Pistol has already established itself as one of the best duty pistols on the market today. Designed with the latest U.S. Military standards in mind, the gun endured torture tests in the harshest environmental conditions to prove its ruggedness and reliability.

Ruger polled law enforcement and military trainers throughout the country to determine the form, function and features of this firearm. The resultant new pistol combines a recoil-reducing barrel cam (which better spreads recoil over time) with a low mass slide, low center of gravity and a low bore axis to provide better balance, less felt recoil and less muzzle flip than comparable pistols.
    The Ruger American Pistol also features a pre-tensioned striker system, which allows for a short takeup trigger with positive reset, and a modular wrap-around grip system that adjusts palm swell and trigger reach to fit a wide range of hand sizes.

Available in 9mm Luger, in both Manual Safety configuration and PRO configuration, the compact pistol has overall dimensions of 6.65” long and 4.48” high with a 3.55” barrel and weighs in at 28.75 ounces with an empty magazine. It ships in a hard case with small, medium and large replaceable grip modules and two nickel-Teflon® plated steel magazines (one 17-round extended magazine and one 12 round compact magazine). The Compact Ruger American Pistol shares all of the features and rugged reliability of the Duty size gun in a smaller, lighter, more concealable package.

Every Ruger American Pistol is built in the USA on a rigid, one-piece, precision-machined, black nitrided, stainless steel chassis with integral frame rails and fire control housing. Additional features include genuine Novak® LoMount Carry three-dot sights, a stainless steel slide with non-reflective, black nitride finish, a one-piece, high-performance, glass-filled nylon grip frame and a mil-standard 1913 accessory rail.

For more information on the Ruger American Pistol or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger® firearms, visit Ruger.com orFacebook.com/Ruger."

I think this looks outstanding. Since it's side-by-side with a G19, looks like it's going to be just a bit bigger than the SR9C. I dig it!

So tell us Kirk, how is it you get to play with all these wonderful toys?!? Anxious to hear about your next shoot this Sunday. A new Ruger revolver, perhaps??

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Question on the MK4, is the barrel and the lower both serial numbered? Just wondering if we will be able to get uppers from aftermarket sources easier now. Not a monster deal, but having to get a barrel from an FFL only was a slight hassle for just wanting a threaded barrel or whatever.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Question on the MK4, is the barrel and the lower both serial numbered? Just wondering if we will be able to get uppers from aftermarket sources easier now. Not a monster deal, but having to get a barrel from an FFL only was a slight hassle for just wanting a threaded barrel or whatever.

Even if they are both numbered, the lower is considered the firearm. My XDm is numbered on the frame, slide and barrel. Only the frame counts. I asked the same question a while back.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...391615-serial-number-s-location-question.html

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Even if they are both numbered, the lower is considered the firearm. My XDm is numbered on the frame, slide and barrel. Only the frame counts. I asked the same question a while back.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...391615-serial-number-s-location-question.html

Yeah, I know for most guns that is the case, but for whatever reason the Ruger barrels require a FFL transfer to order.

Pac-Lite? 4.5" Threaded Barrel ? Tactical Solutions Note the notation at the bottom of the listing that it requires the FFL.

I'm not sure why they are different but they seem to be. I'd be super happy to be wrong on it though! Hoping the Mk4 is different.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Yeah, I know for most guns that is the case, but for whatever reason the Ruger barrels require a FFL transfer to order.

Pac-Lite? 4.5" Threaded Barrel ? Tactical Solutions Note the notation at the bottom of the listing that it requires the FFL.

I'm not sure why they are different but they seem to be. I'd be super happy to be wrong on it though! Hoping the Mk4 is different.

After doing a bit of research, I see what you are talking about. I never knew this, and I've owned a MKII for almost 20 years.

Jvernon

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is awesome. I need a MKII host for a T/S upper. If anyone can't get a MKII back together and wants to sell it on the cheap let me know.

Top Bottom