• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Price seems high, based on reports here. Granted, that's par for the course for my most recent gun show experiences - which is why I pretty much don't bother with gun shows anymore.

If you ever forget that we are now living in a golden age of firearms, just remember this complaint about $210 being too expensive for a new single action Ruger revolver.

:):

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Handled one at my local shop. They only had the silver in stock, but I was advised they had more on order. I guess they had already sold through about 3 shipments worth.

Add me to the list for a bronze.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If you ever forget that we are now living in a golden age of firearms, just remember this complaint about $210 being too expensive for a new single action Ruger revolver.

It was merely an observation of market forces, not a complaint. Nor did I say that $210 was "too expensive;" I merely said that the price was higher than I have seen reported elsewhere.

I'd pay $210 - if I could find one to buy!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It was merely an observation of market forces, not a complaint. Nor did I say that $210 was "too expensive;" I merely said that the price was higher than I have seen reported elsewhere.

I think it can be reasonably inferred that if one avoids gun shows because of high prices, as you stated, then the comment that the price was high could logically be seen as a complaint.

We'll call it an observation if it makes you feel better.

:)

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    Snagged a "used" example in silver for $150 this afternoon. Excited to get it out to the range. Should be a fun complement to my MKIII 22/45 Lite.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

Indeed we are. As we all know, guns are linked to politics and we can thank this golden age to the 2016 election. The 2020 election can continue the good times or usher in another panic. Let's hope we get an extension of the current market.

As for the Wrangler, Ruger has another hit. I'll be waiting a while to see what additional colors are offered (hoping for an OD Army edition.)

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Went looking for a 44 Blackhawk Hunter model and came home with this. Haven't shot yet, got some yard work first. Wanted the bronze but this color looked better in person
    kysefzkl.jpg

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bummer. That's right, these frames are "pot metal" correct? Didn't someone says it may not pass some States Saturday night special laws?

I have an old 22WMR Uberti already so maybe I'll get the Ruger some day.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Bummer. That's right, these frames are "pot metal" correct? Didn't someone says it may not pass some States Saturday night special laws?

I have an old 22WMR Uberti already so maybe I'll get the Ruger some day.

I have an old H&R revolver that I'm very happy with so I'll be passing, but if I didn't have it, I'd be very interested in these revolvers. As for the Saturday night special laws, this revolver will not be California compliant because you can't introduce any new firearm there without microstamping. Time will tell, but I expect these revolvers to be far, far more reliable than the old Saturday night specials.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have an old H&R revolver that I'm very happy with so I'll be passing, but if I didn't have it, I'd be very interested in these revolvers. As for the Saturday night special laws, this revolver will not be California compliant because you can't introduce any new firearm there without microstamping. Time will tell, but I expect these revolvers to be far, far more reliable than the old Saturday night specials.

I believe Minnesota was another place it would not be legal based on melting point requirements.

Per Ruger's site:
    [FONT=&quot]The Wrangler™ is not available for sale in Minnesota and Massachusetts.
    [/FONT]

Top Bottom