• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    This is the famous battle cry: ΛΕΜOΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"You can have my lemon when you can pry it from my cold, dead hands."

squeezing-lemon.jpg

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Instead of lemonade stands I wish the government would dispatch some JBTs to the kids who harass me on the way out of the grocery store, selling all manner of crap and their mothers hovering nearby. Bring tasers.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So sad. They ain't getting me to enforce that crap. The most any of us should do is walk up, give the kid your 50 cents, and drink the lemonade. Then I can report back to the complainant that "Yep, that is indeed lemonade...and it's good."

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    So sad. They ain't getting me to enforce that crap. The most any of us should do is walk up, give the kid your 50 cents, and drink the lemonade. Then I can report back to the complainant that "Yep, that is indeed lemonade...and it's good."

:thumbsup:

that pretty much answers my question at the bottom of page 1.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's is an anti-lemonade motivational poster at IMPD:

stalin_parents.jpg

The Russian reads: "Thank you Fruit Commissar, From the Grateful Lemonadeless People of the Neighborhoods of Indianapolis"

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    It would be Larvikovich actually.:D

So now it's Larvikovich, eh? Vhat ozer names have you used? Vaht else are you hidink? Zhat posink as a mild-mannered attorney you are vorking in ze employ of Her Majesty's Secret Service? Zhat you are allied vis zose yankee imperialist pigs? Sent here to shpy und shtir up trouble by shpreadink zese Vestern lies und propaganda?

Sings vill go easier for you if you talk. Sign ze confession of your crimes against ze Shtate, und ze shtatement zhat you have have not been mistreated during your shtay mit uns hier, or sings vill be most unpleasant.

(Speaking of which, gotta leave for a dental appointment. We'll see how it works out.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Kutnupe, out of curiosity, I understand it's your job to enforce the law but barring some nosey-nancy specifically calling and complaining about "those damn kids selling lemonade again", would you turn a blind eye to this?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not trying to hold you specifically out to scrutiny. I'm wondering where the average cop stands on stupidity like this.

I did exactly that... and if someone complained, I would drive by stop, wave (probably buy some lemonade), find out who the complainant was and as exactly what the problem was.

I had a similar call where a guy driving well marked VFW van was going around and picking up donations for homeless vets. Some moron called in on him because he was black. The call was dispatched as black man driving a black van, "casing" the area. No mention was made of the 2 ft white "VFW, Donation Pickup" lettering on the side. I saw the guy, made contact with him as he was making a pickup. Nothing wrong. I then met with the complainant and had them explain to me exactly what made that guy suspicious. Which was, of course, the ole "I've never seen him around here before" excuse.... :rolleyes:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So now it's Larvikovich, eh?

Yes, my patronymic is "Larvikovich". It's my name, don't wear it out.:draw:

Why are you using a bad WWII movie German accent?:laugh:

Are you referencing the Battle of Irvington where IMPD Tank Guards took heavy losses in Operation Smash the Children II?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojQZZOhGCBA&NR=1[/ame]

Here is Private Dennovich of IMPD Tank Guards Division celebrating the victory over lemons and children:

Stalin-Reichstag.jpg

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I did exactly that... and if someone complained, I would drive by stop, wave (probably buy some lemonade), find out who the complainant was and as exactly what the problem was.

I had a similar call where a guy driving well marked VFW van was going around and picking up donations for homeless vets. Some moron called in on him because he was black. The call was dispatched as black man driving a black van, "casing" the area. No mention was made of the 2 ft white "VFW, Donation Pickup" lettering on the side. I saw the guy, made contact with him as he was making a pickup. Nothing wrong. I then met with the complainant and had them explain to me exactly what made that guy suspicious. Which was, of course, the ole "I've never seen him around here before" excuse.... :rolleyes:

I really couldn't imagine any reasonable cop rousting kids for peddling lemonade, something most, if not all of us have done. I was looking for perspective, you know? I mean I don't expect someone to put their career on the line, but I have no idea how much grief an officer might face from the CoC for ignoring complaints, no matter how trivial. Thanks for your response.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Are you referencing the Battle of Irvington where IMPD Tank Guards took heavy losses in Operation Smash the Children II?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojQZZOhGCBA&NR=1

Here is Private Dennovich of IMPD Tank Guards Division celebrating the victory over lemons and children:

Stalin-Reichstag.jpg

Kirk, I know you are TRYING to be funny but c,mon...it smacks of desperation.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I really couldn't imagine any reasonable cop rousting kids for peddling lemonade, something most, if not all of us have done. I was looking for perspective, you know? I mean I don't expect someone to put their career on the line, but I have no idea how much grief an officer might face from the CoC for ignoring complaints, no matter how trivial. Thanks for your response.
    My supervisors would agree with me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, you caught me! Having fun on the Internet? That's not allowed.:laugh:

This is almost as fun as the Chicken Crusher videos.

I hope the taxpayers remember the Great Lemonade Scare of '11 when we have to listen to IMPD bleat for more money in its budget.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Oh, you caught me! Having fun on the Internet? That's not allowed.:laugh:

This is almost as fun as the Chicken Crusher videos.

I hope the taxpayers remember the Great Lemonade Scare of '11 when we have to listen to IMPD bleat for more money in its budget.

There is a line between comedy and annoying repetition, and you're flirtin' with it. It's funny, but gets a bit droll when it's the same joke over and over...

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Verzeihung, Herr Professor. Es ist leichter, Deutsch zu sprechen, und ich habe kein Russisch studiert. Danke Ihnen sehr für den Humor und lustige Posten.
    Verstehen. Ummm ... dosvedanya, tovarisch. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Es ist leichter, Deutsch zu sprechen, und ich habe kein Russisch studiert.

Dieses . . . das wir auch verstehen. Sprechender Deutscher ist gerade fein; jedoch arbeitete Ihr Englisch mit einem deutschen Aczent nicht mit meinen Witz uber die Polizei.:laugh:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    IMPD announces Operation Lemon Shake Down

Give it up, kid. Give up your criminal ways, health criminal.:laugh:

Eva-LemonShakeup.jpg

Note that this little girl is identified as IMPD's Arch Enemy, Eva, The Fruit Bat!

http://www.turtlemoon.com/Trax6/9-30-06.htm

Do you think that Denny and the pdog will be part of a task force to track down these Super Villains?

"Quick, pdawg, to the FruitMobile! Commissioner Gooseberry just called on the FruitFone. The Fruit Bat and Banana Boy are attempting Unlicensed Capitalism in the City Market."

Dutadutadutadutahdutah, FruitMan, Fruitman . . .

Last edited:
    Top Bottom