• ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Huh...

Personally I think the Government is meddling. I wish they would stay out of more of my life...

Grow up, Dysentery is not really that bad...
    My little bout was so bad that I couldn't drive past the Mexican restaurant where I picked it up for over 6 months. It was on Holy Thursday about 9 years ago. We were to drive to Valparaiso on Good Friday to witness my son-in-law come into the Catholic church on Easter Sunday. I was between the toilet and bed all day Friday and had a splitting headache. Saturday I felt marginally good enough to go. My wife drove all the way. I couldn't eat all day but didn't barf. Saturday night I was good enough to do one of the scripture readings and was honored that my SOL invited me to do it. I made it half way through Easter Sunday and we ate at my SOL's folks in West Lafayette. I literally spent 90% of my time there in the throne room. Then on the way back to Eville I passed gas, not just in an amerature fashion but a real world class performance. I slept till noon on Monday and crawled into work Tuesday morning. Lemonade stand! Shut 'em all down, the germ infested little killing machines.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Yes, public health is the rationale IMPD gives for their campaign of lemonade lab suppression.

Thanks for the new angle away from the fruit--The Clean Team.

Get the cops out of the cars and give them brooms and Lysol wipes. I want this city spotless.:laugh:
    Whoa....why is IMPD involved in this conversation at all? The video stated they called City Code Enforcement to inquire about permits. They are a division of the City and have their own non-LEO code enforcers that have NOTHING to do with us.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My little bout was so bad that I couldn't drive past the Mexican restaurant where I picked it up for over 6 months. It was on Holy Thursday about 9 years ago. We were to drive to Valparaiso on Good Friday to witness my son-in-law come into the Catholic church on Easter Sunday. I was between the toilet and bed all day Friday and had a splitting headache. Saturday I felt marginally good enough to go. My wife drove all the way. I couldn't eat all day but didn't barf. Saturday night I was good enough to do one of the scripture readings and was honored that my SOL invited me to do it. I made it half way through Easter Sunday and we ate at my SOL's folks in West Lafayette. I literally spent 90% of my time there in the throne room. Then on the way back to Eville I passed gas, not just in an amerature fashion but a real world class performance. I slept till noon on Monday and crawled into work Tuesday morning. Lemonade stand! Shut 'em all down, the germ infested little killing machines.
    So since you got Food Poisoning at a MEXICAN RESTAURANT that had a Permit to prepare and serve Food, you want to ban kids selling Lemonade?!

Am I the only one who is having a problem with the Logic here...

How about you build the bacteria up in your weak digestive system and quit being such a Nancy-Boy...:popcorn:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    1. If you talk to ex-girlfriends, going off the deep end is a plausible explanation.

2. I am Fing talking about the original post in this thread about how Indianapolis bans lemonade stands.

3. You have missed the perfect shape charged weapon against Big Government--sarcasm, mockery, derision and outright scorn.

And now, the Clean Team readies for battle in Indianapolis:

maintenance_image.jpg

Does not matter if it has happened. Who enforces the codes? Keebler Elves? Darth Vader? IMPD? All of the above? As much as cops run away from it and the lapel pullers attempt to shift the blame to politicians, the cops are responsible for the law as they enforce it. It starts with personal accountability from our public servants at The Clean Team.

Remember, every rule, every regulation, every decision by the Head Janitor at IMPD leads to a dead puppy: It all ends with puppy-killing SWAT teams « Guns, Cars, and Tech

The law is moronic and deserves a through mocking.

Someone get the pepper spray, Freeman's going for the keyboard again! Roll The Lemon Squeeze north!

What do we disagree about? You feel that IMPD's anti-lemonade regulation enforcement is moronic and I agree.

To quickly change the law you first laugh at it and make it a target of derision. You then pressure those that can into proposed remedies. You then lobby to pass those changes.

I would laugh at it if it weren't so sad. What has me baffled is that laws or codes are not created by those in my profession Kirk, they are created b those in yours yet it's time to ridicule IMPD based on what lawyers have done.

I get it now. :n00b:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    ... laws or codes are not created by those in my profession
    Agree. In the case of a statute, code, or ordinance seen as ridiculous or unjust by the people, this ...
    sarcasm, mockery, derision and outright scorn
    is best directed at the code itself and, to a lesser extent, those who proposed and enacted it. More constructively what, if anything, can be done about it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Agree. In the case of a statute, code, or ordinance seen as ridiculous or unjust by the people, this ... is best directed at the code itself and, to a lesser extent, those who proposed and enacted it. More constructively what, if anything, can be done about it.

Fortunately those in my profession are empowered with discretion and short of receiving a direct order to enforce such BS we can choose not to (as Denny already pointed out).

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Fortunately those in my profession are empowered with discretion and short of receiving a direct order to enforce such BS we can choose not to (as Denny already pointed out).
    Thank you. Yes, it was noticed. Got similar anwers in the past from a few police officers when privately soliciting opinions on other statutes or codes. Legislative remedy, be it at the appropriate local, state, or federal level depending on the code in question, was sometimes suggested. More often than not, they weren't long-winded with responses. Admittedly, this is only based on relatively few conversations.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    why is IMPD involved in this conversation at all?

Because the law is backed by guns. IMPD has the guns.

It all ends up with puppy shooting.

What has me baffled is that laws or codes are not created by those in my profession Kirk, they are created b those in yours yet it's time to ridicule IMPD based on what lawyers have done.

Without question and they are worthy of ridicule as well.

But "just doing my job" is not an excuse for enforcing laws such as this.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Because the law is backed by guns. IMPD has the guns.

It all ends up with puppy shooting.

Without question and they are worthy of ridicule as well.

But "just doing my job" is not an excuse for enforcing laws such as this.

So as far as this moment goes, the lawyers who created this situation deserve the ridicule and IMPD who has not enforced it to anyone's knowledge is receiving the ridicule.

Makes perfect sense.

pssstt, hey Kirk, your bias is showing...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So as far as this moment goes, the lawyers who created this situation deserve the ridicule and IMPD who has not enforced it to anyone's knowledge is receiving the ridicule.

Makes perfect sense.

pssstt, hey Kirk, your bias is showing

Because IMPD cannot pretend that it does not have personal responsibility for the moronic laws that exist.

I just all morning listening to people rock on their heels and pull on their labels and talk about aiding and abeting, acting as an agent and conspiracy, oh, and don't forget the "personal responsibility" thrown about when they don't have an answer to your inquiries.

No way it only works one way.:laugh:

Sure, it's a moronic set of laws and if you ask the police they will likely agree, but as the law is founded on a gun, the police are part of the process.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Because IMPD cannot pretend that it does not have personal responsibility for the moronic laws that exist.

I just all morning listening to people rock on their heels and pull on their labels and talk about aiding and abeting, acting as an agent and conspiracy, oh, and don't forget the "personal responsibility" thrown about when they don't have an answer to your inquiries.

Sure, it's a moronic set of laws and if you ask the police they will likely agree, but as the law is founded on a gun, the police are part of the process.

That's bull**** and you know it. If the police are responsible for the laws then guns really are responsible for gun violence, Rosie Odonnel has a legitimate complaint with her fork and No. 2 pencils are to blame for thousands of failed scantron tests every year.

It's your cohorts who write the laws, not mine. Your misdirected ridicule has been pointed out several times in this thread. I guess I'm not surprised to see that you refuse to accept reality. You are a lawyer after all. :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Uh...police are not directly responsible for any laws they themselves did not support any more than I am as a citizen. Heck, I'm as culpable as any officer considering that one of my representatives probably voted for this stupid law.

The officer is obligated to enforce the law when his discretion is not permitted or the law is clearly illegal (irony) or morally monstrous (genocide, rounding up racial groups etc). Stupid laws, however, are both legal and well outside the realms of monstrosity and thus should be enforced by the officer when his hand is forced. Until we get the law changed, I would hope that my officers are expected to uphold the law: that is what we pay them for, after all.

Believe me, I'm all for ensuring that police officers respect proper Constitutional authority, respect citizens properly etc...but I can't manage to find a way to find any officer more culpable for this than any other citizen of Indiana. Their part in the process is to enforce the law within the bounds of the discretion given to them...which is precisely what they are doing.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011

Alright, let me actually ask a semi-serious question: why did the guy bother with applying for permits? Was he actually expecting the officer on patrol to ask his kid(s) for it?

At worst, this sounds like a bureaucratic foul up. (The report cites a few things, including zoning laws, that combined to make the permit impossible.) If we're going to talk about bureaucratic diarrhea, I have a friend who lost his job because he had the misfortune of falling in the proverbial crack, but he didn't have enough money to lawyer his way out. He was not guilty of anything. That's a lot more serious than some stupid lemonade stand. It wouldn't surprise me if stuff like that happens to the working poor every day, I mean other than on the level of a kid's lemonade stand.

Seems like it might have been a slow news day.

Da Bing, getting off his soap box now

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That's bull**** and you know it. If the police are responsible for the laws then guns really are responsible for gun violence, Rosie Odonnel has a legitimate complaint with her fork and No. 2 pencils are to blame for thousands of failed scantron tests every year.

It's your cohorts who write the laws, not mine. Your misdirected ridicule has been pointed out several times in this thread. I guess I'm not surprised to see that you refuse to accept reality. You are a lawyer after all. :D

If Kirk kept his peers in line, IMPD wouldn't be in his crosshairs. :laugh:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    So since you got Food Poisoning at a MEXICAN RESTAURANT that had a Permit to prepare and serve Food, you want to ban kids selling Lemonade?!

Am I the only one who is having a problem with the Logic here...

How about you build the bacteria up in your weak digestive system and quit being such a Nancy-Boy...:popcorn:
    The point is that food poisoning is no fun no matter where you pick it up.

Top Bottom