Noblesville Cabela's used gun salesman is full os S###!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash
    I went to Cabalas in Noblesville one time, I have not went back. Nice enough store, just was not impressed enough to make the drive again. I can hit a couple shops in Wabash and Marion and have a better selection, with far less miles traveled.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I know how that is. Watched a dealer at a show explaining to a couple people that the front end of a ruger charger would swap out with the front end of a 10-22 take down. ATF had a table two away from his. Don't understand why he thought that was a good idea.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I have had no luck dealing with any of the big box stores around me. Fortunately I now work part time helping a friend out at his LGS. Discount is nice and most of the people are good to deal with. Have a batch of regulars that are fun to visit with just to talk guns. Alot of the younger folks come in comparing prices on their cell phones with Gunbroker but don't figure in shipping, transfer fee, ect. I occassionally but guns off Gunbroker, but they are ones I can't find locally (I collect older uncommon guns). For regular stuff I prefer to put my money into a local gun shop to suppost smaller businesses. Kind of a dying breed at this point.

Sjachsvitra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Crothersville
    My lgs saddens me I used to admire them and they are even on here as a supporter. I won't leave any names to prevent bad mouthing but they are always really rude I go to rural king for my leisure time 30 minutes away.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Curious. What is your suggestion on the second solution? Once he accepts the item with problems, its his baby.

Sorry, been busy. But I see others have stepped in and answered for me. Correctly I might add.

I've had it happen. Don't remember what the reason was why the customer didn't want to take possession, but he didn't. I said "Well, you can pay for shipping back, or you can call your vendor and have them send me a shipping label, but until one of those things happen, the firearm is going to sit on the shelf in the back." Keep in mind, we still dealt with the paperwork in and the paperwork out and labor of tracking that damn thing and we never made a dime!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Cabela's is the worst place to sell or buy used guns. From Thanksgiving til the middle of January they have the gun counter roped off and you have to wait in line foe a salesman. I don't know if they allow browsing then or not. when I go there I look for things that are realy good buys. I seldom buy there.
    You must, of course, forgotten good old soon to be no more Gander Mountain and their ridiculous prices and ignorant sales people. Even with their so called liquidation sale prices they are still 10-20% higher than most everywhere else. And the BS their sales people have spewed out over the tears would cause a farmer's honey wagon to overload and break down.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I had a positive encounter with Cabela's when I couldn't find a buyer for my gun. I tried some LGS's but they were a big waste of time and almost a joke to deal with. I was hesitant going to Cabela's thinking they'd be worse but I was already in the vicinity and the rest is history. I got an offer just $5 off my asking price and I walked away with the cash. I was going to buy another gun from them but the guy couldn't go down (I think the original guy I spoke with probably would have). I think it's all based on who you talk to and the timing and the stars must all be aligned to get that good deal.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I purchased a used, LNIB Sig P938 SAS a few months ago from the Noblesville Cabelas. It was at least $100 less than a new one and I've fired probably !000 rds with zero issues. My salesman was professional and friendly. I believe the buyers attitude dictates how the sale will go.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Thing is where else are you going to see such a big selection of guns in person. I think Gander Mountain but they are now out of business and frankly their customer service was terrible. Indiana Gun Club has great selection but their location is more off the beaten path. What is good about Cabelas is that you can go online and see what they have in stock and for the most part I've experienced great customer service. Yes your going to pay a bit more. But like I said and especially if you haven't seen a gun in person it's one of the few that has a fairly decent inventory on hand.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I purchased a used, LNIB Sig P938 SAS a few months ago from the Noblesville Cabelas. It was at least $100 less than a new one and I've fired probably !000 rds with zero issues. My salesman was professional and friendly. I believe the buyers attitude dictates how the sale will go.

I was in there killing time today and I thought overall a lot of the prices seemed more realistic than usual. Of course some were still crazy high, but not all.

Top Bottom