• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Looks like the people of Birmingham need to pressure their elected representatives to change the codified law. The kid was clearly trying to be a nuisance, was creating a disturbance, and should have been charged with brandishing. It's childish conduct like this that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights.

The jury may have arrived at the correct verdict per Birmingham's codified law. If so, it is the law that is incorrect and it should be changed. Open carry of a handgun is bad enough. Open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is not what any of us want.

Sigh....spoken like a true gun control progressive hack. Michael Moore, is that you?

The irrational fear of seeing a GUN can be helped with modern psychotherapy, just saying......;)

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Looks like the people of Birmingham need to pressure their elected representatives to change the codified law. The kid was clearly trying to be a nuisance, was creating a disturbance, and should have been charged with brandishing. It's childish conduct like this that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights.

The jury may have arrived at the correct verdict per Birmingham's codified law. If so, it is the law that is incorrect and it should be changed. Open carry of a handgun is bad enough. Open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is not what any of us want.
    Did you forget your purple?

First of all, he was charged with brandishing. He was found not guilty because brandishing has been determined by the highest law enforcement officer in Michigan to mean wave a firearm about in a threatening and menacing manner, which he wasn't doing. The LEOs just threw a bunch of charges against him to see if any would stick.

Second of all, he was not creating a disturbance. In fact, he and his girlfriend had been walking around without notice for quite some time (about 90 minutes if I remember correctly) before a couple of female LEOs bothered him, then arrested him after making unlawful demands of him.

Oh, and Birmingham cannot change its law because of state preemption, just like Indiana.

:rockwoot:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I'd feel so much better if I regularly saw citizens with ARs slung over their backs. Going to Wal-Mart would be a much more civil process, I'd wager.

"The price of freedom is the willingness to do battle anywhere, any time, with utter recklessness." - Robert Heinlein

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

Sarah, Sarah Brady is that you? I have heard rumors that you trolled gun forums because no one was paying attention to your wacko web site. You are just really bored right Sarah?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Every castle needs a fool.

yo-dawg-thats-my-job.jpg

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON

:rolleyes: You need to educate yourself so you can stop embarrassing yourself.
    You also need to stop trying to speak for "any of us".

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    :rolleyes: You need to educate yourself so you can stop embarrassing yourself.
    You also need to stop trying to speak for "any of us".

THIS ^^^
    Is it a bit extreme for an 18 yr old perhaps, and I think the officers had a valid question as to verifying age, but once verified that he was in fact 18, it should have stopped there. Beyond that, sorry troll, but you are wrong. If we have to live with the laws as they are written, SO do the LEO's... And changing them is NOT going to change this. Hey, beyond needing a haircut (maybe Im jealous) The kid WAS making a statement, which a lot of other "adults" are too afraid to even attempt... +1 for the Kid.

Doesn't appear that the B'ham police know their own laws... Now... bring on the civil suit for wrongful arrest!! (I dont like Purple...)

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Hope the sling doesn't leave a tan-line.

So what if it does?

Me: " Hun, is that a tan line?"

Wife: "Yeah, I was OC'ing my 40 while I was in my bikini at the beach..."

Me: "Better than CC I guess....say...that gun outline is kinda hot. Howyoo doin?"

Wife: "Behave! Don't make me get the whip..."

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Where does she keep a magazine? or is that a ten rounder?

I don't ask. I just like to sit there and think about the possibilities.

Maybe play "Find the Hollowpoints" with her later...I get distracted so....

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've been married for too long, so I'm not even allowed to think of any possibilities. She'll find out and then I'm as good as dead (with less than 1/2 my stuff).

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I've been married for too long, so I'm not even allowed to think of any possibilities. She'll find out and then I'm as good as dead (with less than 1/2 my stuff).

Oh....

I was talking about the wife having a tan line....

Top Bottom