• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So that's your wife? Why does griffin have pictures of your wife while she was in the IDF? Or maybe the pic was taken at Lake Lansing Park?

You're my hero now.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    No No No....I was saying it would be nice if MY wife did this more, and that I wouldn't care about the tan lines...

donballz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    Looks like the people of Birmingham need to pressure their elected representatives to change the codified law. The kid was clearly trying to be a nuisance, was creating a disturbance, and should have been charged with brandishing. It's childish conduct like this that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights.

The jury may have arrived at the correct verdict per Birmingham's codified law. If so, it is the law that is incorrect and it should be changed. Open carry of a handgun is bad enough. Open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is not what any of us want.
    :laugh: I haven't read this thread yet but I have a feeling there is some disagreement therein

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Looks like the people of Birmingham need to pressure their elected representatives to change the codified law. The kid was clearly trying to be a nuisance, was creating a disturbance, and should have been charged with brandishing. It's childish conduct like this that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights.

The jury may have arrived at the correct verdict per Birmingham's codified law. If so, it is the law that is incorrect and it should be changed. Open carry of a handgun is bad enough. Open carry of a rifle, "strapped to his back", is not what any of us want.

Bingo. As these type's of incidents become more common I am afraid that they will result in new and more restrictive laws. We sure don't need or want that.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not so.

Michigan has a good movement going on up there. The stronger they become, the closer politicians listen. It's not that they care beyond getting votes - but that's what is happening.

Michigan successfully repealed their ban on suppressors. Then came tasers. There's more to come.

The young Sean Combs apparently did it right. He handled himself well enough and the municipality of Birmingham did not.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The law has spoken. I am reassured every time I read that conviction is not a foregone conclusion in our society just because an arrest has been made and a prosecutor has brought charges.

I don't happen to agree with post #2. But I am not as disturbed about post #2 as I am the trend on this forum to call "troll" when someone posts something that espouses a different opinion than the "group think" that tends to permeate this forum.

I think this forum needs to grow-up and realize that gun owners and shooters are a diverse group. In that group are all sorts of persons with all sorts of beliefs, politics, & opinions that aren't necessarily the same as the next person's.

We are not all the same. Is a little charity and understanding for different-thinking fellow gun owners too much to ask for? :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Bingo. As these type's of incidents become more common I am afraid that they will result in new and more restrictive laws. We sure don't need or want that.
    Not surprising really. If I was a betting man I would've put money on it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The law has spoken. I am reassured every time I read that conviction is not a foregone conclusion in our society just because an arrest has been made and a prosecutor has brought charges.

I don't happen to agree with post #2. But I am not as disturbed about post #2 as I am the trend on this forum to call "troll" when someone posts something that espouses a different opinion than the "group think" that tends to permeate this forum.

I think this forum needs to grow-up and realize that gun owners and shooters are a diverse group. In that group are all sorts of persons with all sorts of beliefs, politics, & opinions that aren't necessarily the same as the next person's.

We are not all the same. Is a little charity and understanding for different-thinking fellow gun owners too much to ask for? :dunno:
    It is either call him a troll or call him worse. From what he writes I do not believe he thinks any of us on here should have guns yet alone carry them outside of our homes.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Slung_Rifle.jpeg

As Will Smith would say... I gotta get me one of those!!...
    (the rifle that is... Mrs Sheepdog would NOT approve of the carrier.... sigh....:bash:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Differing opinion is one thing but when it's delivered with a condescending attitude crafted in such a deliberate manner as to illicit a particular response time and again then that's another matter entirely IMO.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It is either call him a troll or call him worse. From what he writes I do not believe he thinks any of us on here should have guns yet alone carry them outside of our homes.

He never said no one here should have guns. He has 700 + posts on a gun forum. I'm bettin' he has at least one.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Differing opinion is one thing but when it's delivered with a condescending attitude crafted in such a deliberate manner as to illicit a particular response time and again then that's another matter entirely IMO.

I've had the experience here of responding to a "What's your opinion about ____?" thread only to be called a troll because my opinion was different than the majority. I'm just sayin' folks are much too quick to throw that word around, in my opinion.

Some gun aficionados don't have carry permits. Some with carry permits favor conceal carry and oppose open carry. Others conceal carry but don't care if others open carry. Some open carry. We are all different; that is all.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've had the experience here of responding to a "What's your opinion about ____?" thread only to be called a troll because my opinion was different than the majority. I'm just sayin' folks are much too quick to throw that word around, in my opinion.

Some gun aficionados don't have carry permits. Some with carry permits favor conceal carry and oppose open carry. Others conceal carry but don't care if others open carry. Some open carry. We are all different; that is all.
    Just curious as to how many posts you've read by that particular poster.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    It's okay to be different. It's not okay to trample another's rights, or want to infringe upon them. There's a difference.

How do mere words expressed in an opinion trample someone's rights? Rights are not abridged by what someone thinks of your right to exercise them. I think you can continue to carry despite Jake's opinion.

Top Bottom