• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    These kinds of threads always bring out INGO's young and immature (of all ages.) Fortunately, it's the same handful in each thread. The majority of us want no part of antics like this stupid kid in Birmingham. It's exactly the kind of nonsense that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights. The responsible carrying of firearms starts with carrying responsibly. Carrying a rifle "strapped to one's back" down main street is stupid to anyone who should be carrying a gun. For those handful here who somehow find this kid's nonsense acceptable, we really don't want you anywhere near firearms, either. You are what is eventually going to cost all of us our right to carry responsibly.

You should immediately change the text of your comments to purple to save any credibility you may have left.
    I would also like to remind you NOT to attempt to speak for the "majority of us" as you, obviously have NO knowledge about what the "majority of us" think.
    (However, I do realize you could have a mouse in your pocket and you are referring to the mouse and yourself as being the majority.)

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    Maybe this?

M-Looper-Flashbang-holster-web.jpg

This thread is so full of win! I'll be keeping on eye on this thread for more pix of ladies carrying - oc or cc. A lady choosing not to be a victim is sooooo smokin HOT! :yesway:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I think this forum needs to grow-up and realize that gun owners and shooters are a diverse group. In that group are all sorts of persons with all sorts of beliefs, politics, & opinions that aren't necessarily the same as the next person's.

Right, there are pro-gunners, and anti-gunners. We let the anti-gunners have their say, and then we can tell them why they are *******s. See, freedom, grow up and get used to it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    These kinds of threads always bring out INGO's young and immature (of all ages.) Fortunately, it's the same handful in each thread. The majority of us want no part of antics like this stupid kid in Birmingham. It's exactly the kind of nonsense that will eventually cost all of us our gun rights. The responsible carrying of firearms starts with carrying responsibly. Carrying a rifle "strapped to one's back" down main street is stupid to anyone who should be carrying a gun. For those handful here who somehow find this kid's nonsense acceptable, we really don't want you anywhere near firearms, either. You are what is eventually going to cost all of us our right to carry responsibly.

Thank you for appointing yourself "in the majority", and consequently, "Lord of us all".
    I am so happy someone of superior intelligence can come down from his lofty perch, and instruct us poor lesser beings.

I have parents. I am a grown man. I don't need any more authority figures in my life, unless I break the law. Which, by the way, this young man wasn't.
    And how would you feel when someone takes your weapon out of your house. And informs you the police can hold on to it better than you. When you want to shoot, just get it from them. How are you going to respond to the people talking about YOUR FLAUNTING YOUR WEAPON, AND IT DOESN'T MATTER IF ITS LEGAL, DON'T MAKE WAVES.

In short, thank you for your opinion.
    But it is YOUR opinion.
    Everyone has one.
    It might be different.

nomadicmutt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    Hey now, jake is entitled to say whatever he wants. It's his right.

... Just like how the rest of us have the right to think he's an idiot (on this issue) because of what he says.

It's a good thing we too have the right to say what we think about jake and what he thinks.

Stop giving us this effeminate "heeeey guuuuyyyyys, play nice. He is allowed to have his opinion and that means you can't ruin his self esteeeeeeeem" bullsh**.

He is allowed his opinions; he is allowed to post them on this forum. We are allowed our opinions; we are allowed to post them on this forum.

His opinion on this particular issue is anti-constitutional, pro-jake. Ours is anti-jake, pro-constitutional. He believes he knows our business better than we do. We think he is wrong.

Man up already.

Edit: this post is not meant to bash jake personally. After graduating from a liberal state school with a degree in a liberal-dominated field like filmmaking, I am a bit touchy on subjects like this. Especially when someone uses "free speech" as a way to shoot down the "free speech" of those who disagree with them. It happened almost daily at school, and I hate it.

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Thanks for your support!

:rolleyes:

Hey hold on now. ALL legal firearms owners and people that decide to take responsibility for their own safety and well being are GTG in my opinion. I am only attempting to make a point that many times discretion is the more reasonable option. My opinion is just that....an opinion. There is probably no one more pro 2nd amendment than myself. I do not want and I hope I never see another single anti gun law passed... ever!

One of the problems I see fairly often is scared grandmothers or moms with kids calling in because they are concerned about someone they see with a gun on them. Sure their concerns are most likely misguided but valid concerns to them just the same. I see the potential of more harm coming from these types of incidents than good. No one wants another person's beliefs or causes rammed down their throats no matter how noble or well intentioned. As hard as the OC crowd try's they will never get the majority of the people to accept the idea of others walking around openly displaying a firearm, especially a long gun. Openly armed people remind those types of citizens of their own vulnerability's and that makes them quite uncomfortable. On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs

FWIW I could care less how anyone carry's a gun. I, along with the majority of you guys are not the least bit uncomfortable around firearms. But I think as civilized people we should at a minimum respect that others may be. When I am not working in uniform no one will ever know that I am armed. But I always will be because I happen to care.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hey hold on now. ALL legal firearms owners and people that decide to take responsibility for their own safety and well being are GTG in my opinion. I am only attempting to make a point that many times discretion is the more reasonable option. My opinion is just that....an opinion. There is probably no one more pro 2nd amendment than myself. I do not want and I hope I never see another single anti gun law passed... ever!

One of the problems I see fairly often is scared grandmothers or moms with kids calling in because they are concerned about someone they see with a gun on them. Sure their concerns are most likely misguided but valid concerns to them just the same. I see the potential of more harm coming from these types of incidents than good. No one wants another person's beliefs or causes rammed down their throats no matter how noble or well intentioned. As hard as the OC crowd try's they will never get the majority of the people to accept the idea of others walking around openly displaying a firearm, especially a long gun. Openly armed people remind those types of citizens of their own vulnerability's and that makes them quite uncomfortable. On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs

FWIW I could care less how anyone carry's a gun. I, along with the majority of you guys are not the least bit uncomfortable around firearms. But I think as civilized people we should at a minimum respect that others may be. When I am not working in uniform no one will ever know that I am armed. But I always will be because I happen to care.

A post like that when it happens to be well thought out and logical can be dealt with civilly. All I ask is that you respect people with different beliefs and customs than you since that is what you are advocating OCers do to others.

FYI not any OCers that I know of purposely try to ram their beliefs down anyone's through, not in public nor on this forum yet I see a lot of anti-OCers like yourself that do both. Don't try to pull the "lose us all of our rights BS" you have been preaching for years as we continually GAIN ground and will continue to do so.

You are welcome to your opinions but trying to control other people's habits is wrong and not what freedom is about. Please keep that in mind for future posts on the subject.

:)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    ...There is probably no one more pro 2nd amendment than myself....

Based on the above, you're wrong, there are plenty more "pro 2nd amendment (whatever you think that means) than you.

One of the problems I see fairly often is scared grandmothers or moms with kids calling in because they are concerned about someone they see with a gun on them.
    OK, so? Instead of educating them, let's pretend that the law abiding OCer is the one at fault.

Sure their concerns are most likely misguided but valid concerns to them just the same.
    There are many people who think their irrational concerns are someone else's problem. They're wrong.

I see the potential of more harm coming from these types of incidents than good. No one wants another person's beliefs or causes rammed down their throats no matter how noble or well intentioned.
    Doing a legal activity? Maybe blacks shouldn't have marched in Selma. I heard the population felt they were ramming their beliefs down the white man's throat. How does hiding and acting like a criminal protect your rights? It doesn't, the only right ever recognized is the one demanded and defended.

As hard as the OC crowd try's they will never get the majority of the people to accept the idea of others walking around openly displaying a firearm, especially a long gun.
    That's what was said about segregation, "now, forever, and always." Guess what, it's gone.

Openly armed people remind those types of citizens of their own vulnerability's and that makes them quite uncomfortable. On Sheep, Wolves and Sheepdogs
    Tough, they need their complacency challenged.

FWIW I could care less how anyone carry's a gun. I, along with the majority of you guys are not the least bit uncomfortable around firearms.
    Doesn't sound it.

But I think as civilized people we should at a minimum respect that others may be. When I am not working in uniform no one will ever know that I am armed. But I always will be because I happen to care.
    Why should cowardice, complacency and irrational reactions be respected, but not the rights of OCers? That's completely illogical and self-defeating; a recipe for making gun carrying seem unusual and weird. I don't OC, but I think OCers are doing yeoman's service for the cause of making the idea of armed ordinary people seem regular and commonplace. Giving up rights for the convenience of police is the hallmark of a police state. Giving up rights to placate hysterical dolts is idiocy.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

:)::laugh::lol2::laugh6::lmfao:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Some people just refuse to be reasoned with. What a shame.

And I think you're fear is not based in reality. Look at Wisconsin. Their willingness to open carry gave them the ability to conceal carry. The lawmakers had a perfect opportunity to ban open carry and they chose not to. I just read that another state is making open carry a legal option. What is being lost?

This kid exercised his right, and the court explained to the police officers that their opinions didn't carry any weight in the eyes of the law. What was lost?

Your example of grandmothers and moms being scared...it seems to me that those evil open carriers are giving you the opportunity to explain that nothing is illegal about open carry. What is being lost?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Some people just refuse to be reasoned with. What a shame.

Perhaps you should develop better reasons. :dunno:

Your anti-OC musings have been refuted and refused countless times here over the years and you've never brought anything more significant to the subject than you started with.

Try something new. Your personal feelings on the matter aren't suddenly just going to seem logical or reasonable to us. They simply do not make sense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Perhaps you should develop better reasons. :dunno:

Your anti-OC musings have been refuted and refused countless times here over the years and you've never brought anything more significant to the subject than you started with.

Try something new. Your personal feelings on the matter aren't suddenly just going to seem logical or reasonable to us. They simply do not make sense.

Come on ATM. Tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Rifle-Toting Troy Teen Open Carries for First Time Since Trial

416e594b2ba169cfedc8fcd5154209ff

Less than three weeks after a jury found 18-year-old Troy residnet Sean Combs not guilty of disturbing the peace and brandishing a firearm, Combs picked up his M1 Garand rifle – which had been used as evidence during his trial – from Birmingham Police on Monday.

Then, he and a few other open carry advocates took to the streets of Birmingham once again Monday evening, openly carrying rifles and handguns at Shain Park.

The group, organized through opencarry.org, all share one interest: raising awareness of the right to openly carry firearms – and not get in trouble for it.

Rifle-Toting Troy Teen Open Carries for First Time Since Trial - Troy, MI Patch

Top Bottom