• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Disgusting. Trying to blame it on videogames? Is the NRA all about censorship now? The 2nd amendment is useless without the first. Never joining the NRA, I'm sure there are other pro 2a groups that actually care about the first as well.

Catfish33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Clifford, In
    As far as Waynes view on violent video games and movies, thee way i heard it is the parents of children need to take more responsabilties to what their kids watch and play.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm not trying to debate the past. I was simply answering a question. Drunk or not, LaPierre's proposition is far more proactive than the left's plan of banning everything but muzzle-loaders!
    It isn't proactive, it's more of the same.

Restore the teachers RIGHT to self defense.

While not as bad as it could have been, it shows the nra is out of touch and focusing on a federal solution, solutions that haven't, and won't, work.

Time will tell if the nra caves on hicaps and "assault weapons".

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    As far as Waynes view on violent video games and movies, thee way i heard it is the parents of children need to take more responsabilties to what their kids watch and play.

That's pretty much what I heard as well. Don't think he's advocating banning video games, merely saying "this is how we entertain ourselves, and you are still surprised when f***ed up people (who may or may not be right in the head) do f***ed up things.

[ame]http://youtu.be/FI1ylg4GKv8[/ame]

I'll use this clip to illustrate the point (analogy time). Maximus is the responsible gun owner defending himself. As someone who has taken life, he understands the true nature of violence. Those guys in the audience chanting? That's everybody who doesn't see consequence. Yeah, they're watching it, but they're NEVER going to have blood on their hands, and they probably don't have or have ever used a weapon. To them, this contest of life and death is entertainment only.

I think most of us have a bit more empathy for the guys in the ring. We're the guys waiting to fight. We can still be entertained by what goes on in the ring, but we also have a greater appreciation for the truth - that one day it may very well be us standing in there, and it certainly isn't just a game.

My :twocents: (oh yeah, for the record those guys who protested the press conference? Those would be the Christians they fed to the lions, well-meaning but ultimately food).

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County

While not as bad as it could have been, it shows the nra is out of touch and focusing on a federal solution, solutions that haven't, and won't, work.

I didn't say it is the MOST proactive solution! I said it was a better option than banning everything! I agree 100% that if every teacher were carrying, the odds would improve greatly over having an armed guard or two, but I'm sorry to say, that a good portion of teachers these days, are just as lib-tarded as our lawmakers and media!

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera

Agreed, I don't think anybody's ever accused the NRA of being a libertarian leaning organization outside of the 2A, though. Two main issues to overcome are these:

(1) providing a solution without appearing "fringe," especially in the current emotional climate and with the crop of journalists they probably had there

(2) it will be a REALLY hard time getting teachers who have been brain-washed by the teachers union and the Democrats on board with this.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    What a moron. Blame video games and movies? Pretty hypocritical.

A police officer in every school? Who is going to pay for it?

What a way to continue to create a police state.
    The NRA has never been against the police state. They've supported it for years. Just look at their support for Project Exile and the expansion of police powers. Maybe the NRA can fund the armed guards, they're making enough money. Seriously, if that's the best the "premiere gun rights group" can come up with then we are ****ed.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    It's all going to hell in a handbasket and quick. I don't feel good about any of it, I have a gut feeling that they will pass a AWB I have seen numerous stories already on how people are enraged over what the NRA laid out. I noticed one comment one worthless sheeple stated that she said "I don't think people need guns in their houses!" :rolleyes:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I watched the entire NRA program. The organization is putting their money where their mouth is by coming up with the Shield program. Looks like it will be available to schools and be flexible enough for each school district to use all of it or just the parts it wants. It sure beats the ridiculous "gun free zone" idea, which must have been thought up by someone on crack. I would bet that many schools have at least one person who has a background in using firearms. It wouldn't take that much to give one of these folks extra training. It also beats gun bans which have failed, except to keep honest people from owning certain "evil" guns. The people who actually exercise their rights hold them most dearly. To the people who have never owned guns and don't like them, the second amendment means nothing to them. They will gladly stomp all over our rights and never look back. For those of you who refuse to join an organization that supports the 2nd amendment, shame on you. Your "holier than thou" talk will be the downfall of your rights. It is way too easy, and nonproductive, to sit back and pick at things you find fault with. If you have good ideas regarding making our society safer, especially our schools, then get involved and make your wisdom known. The only option our president and his ilk have is disarming law-abiding citizens.

Top Bottom