• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    i have no problem with respecting an atheist not using a bible. Like you said it means nothing to them anyways. Also I know atheist that are very moral and good people.
    i am not a practicing Christian but I am a Christian. I do know our country was founded on Christian platforms and that is good and I hope we always stay a Christian nation.

I'm not shocked to see a president swearing on a bible.
    At this point it's both an historical and symbolic act as it it a religious one.
    I'm sure some atheists would have no problem swearing on a bible if they get elected president.
    Same way many atheists still celebrate Christmas just because it's tradition.

The most important is that the president actually respect his/her oath of office, not the book used to swear on.
    Too many swear on a bible to protect the constitution and then proceed to destroy it ...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm not shocked to see a president swearing on a bible.
    At this point it's both an historical and symbolic act as it it a religious one.
    I'm sure some atheists would have no problem swearing on a bible if they get elected president.
    Same way many atheists still celebrate Christmas just because it's tradition.

The most important is that the president actually respect his/her oath of office, not the book used to swear on.
    Too many swear on a bible to protect the constitution and then proceed to destroy it ...
    or Muslims like obama

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    All this religious involvement in the inauguration is the most depressing part of the whole thing. How embarrassing that this is the image the US sends out to the rest of the world. As I watch the ceremony I realize just how much it pains me watching grown and intelligent people that will rule this country descend into archaic rituals of christian "voodoo." I truly hope there will come a day when we can rid ourselves of these ancient shackles.

Yes, all those ignorant savages, like
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology
    12 Famous Scientists On The Possibility Of God | The Huffington Post

I respect your right to NOT believe. To bad you don't seem to respect other's right TO believe.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    All this religious involvement in the inauguration is the most depressing part of the whole thing. How embarrassing that this is the image the US sends out to the rest of the world. As I watch the ceremony I realize just how much it pains me watching grown and intelligent people that will rule this country descend into archaic rituals of christian "voodoo." I truly hope there will come a day when we can rid ourselves of these ancient shackles.

If you only knew how wrong you were. I'll respect your view with insults though and sincerely pray that you'll come to see the light sooner rather than later.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    Freedom of religion, including the freedom of not having a religon is part of the values of America IMO.

Having someone who does not believe in god swear on a bible wouldn't make any sense anyway. :dunno:

Has anyone ever encouraged you to move to the United States? It needs more of you and less of the "citizens" throwing rocks through store windows heh.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Has anyone ever encouraged you to move to the United States? It needs more of you and less of the "citizens" throwing rocks through store windows heh.

We have, but unsuccessfully. We must console ourselves with the knowledge that our allies are still populated with good folks like Sylvain.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

A few people have.Others told me I was not welcome.

We have, but unsuccessfully. We must console ourselves with the knowledge that our allies are still populated with good folks like Sylvain.

It's not an easy process.
    Still trying to figure out if that fellow is actually stateside, or really not.... :shady:

Really not.

Well, people have sent him stuff in the mail.
    So if he's not, he's gone to a lot of work.

All worth it to get Twinkies! ;)

Top Bottom