• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A hashtag is basically used to filter by topic. When you click on it it shows you all posts across Twitter that contain that hashtag. It allows you to follow the topic even if the people using it aren't part of your network of followers.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Not really 'surprising' from the most anti-American POTUS in the history of the U.S.

Benedict Arnold was a 'better' patriot.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    I looked at the link and came to the conclusion that the tweet had been deleted by Stengel and replaced by a tweet explaining that it had been a mistake. Of course it did not clarify if the mistake was an errant hashtag (I am with you on that GFGT, whatever that is) or that posting this belief was a mistake.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I looked at the link and came to the conclusion that the tweet had been deleted by Stengel and replaced by a tweet explaining that it had been a mistake. Of course it did not clarify if the mistake was an errant hashtag (I am with you on that GFGT, whatever that is) or that posting this belief was a mistake.

Leftists only admit 'mistakes' when in fear of reprisal.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Flipped through news channels yesterday briefly. Three of them, at the same time, were covering Gaza... showing Gazans running and screaming, pulling dead out of rubble.

It's easy to see how they want this framed.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Flipped through news channels yesterday briefly. Three of them, at the same time, were covering Gaza... showing Gazans running and screaming, pulling dead out of rubble.

It's easy to see how they want this framed.

In general, I'm all for rooting out the terrorists in Gaza (and elsewhere) and making sure they are stopped.

I have a hard time accepting civilian losses - on any "side" of the issue.

I have an even more difficult time separating the two - especially in this part of the world and in this situation.

There really aren't any winners.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Of course, Obama is a traitor, his administration IS the enemy. The only way the Obama Administration would surprise me now is if they actually did something in favor of Americans. They never have, they never will.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So one Twitter hashtag, which is retracted, is much more significant than Kerry's media blitz about Israel having the right to defend itself and go after the tunnels. Got it.

1. It is the Obama Administration endorsing a position of Hamas. Hamas who vows to destroy Israel is given credibility by a member of our government.

2. The Hamas endorsement was before Secretary Kerry on the Sunday shows.

3. The OP makes no claim to a hierarchy of events. However, this happened. It is important but how important the OP does not know.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In general, I'm all for rooting out the terrorists in Gaza (and elsewhere) and making sure they are stopped.

I have a hard time accepting civilian losses - on any "side" of the issue.

I have an even more difficult time separating the two - especially in this part of the world and in this situation.

There really aren't any winners.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with the Palestinian civilian losses. I would had they made some effort to heed the Israeli warnings to get out of the target zone. I would have a limited amount of sympathy had they simply disregarded the warnings. When they are told in advance that Israel is gong to bomb a certain location, GTFO now and they respond by all clustering around the specific target of the impending raid and chant 'death to Israel', so far as I am concerned, good riddance.

You have a good point about the difficulty of separating the two (assuming I correctly understand you to mean terrorists and civilians). My conclusion is that there is in fact no difference. The 'terrorists', 'radicals', 'extremists, '[fashionable name of the day]' are simply the men at arms. Most everyone else is supporting them, but still participating in the hostile effort as demonstrated by their willingness to gather round targets that Israel told them WILL be bombed soon.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't have any problem whatsoever with the Palestinian civilian losses. I would had they made some effort to heed the Israeli warnings to get out of the target zone. I would have a limited amount of sympathy had they simply disregarded the warnings.

I wonder if you fully grasp the level of poverty and lack of infrastructure in many parts of Palestine. Not everyone who wants to evacuate has the means to do so, and many are willing to risk being in a war zone vs being yet another refugee.

There are no good guys in this fight, its like two street gangs fighting. Whoever wins is still a criminal. Israel has good PR, enough that the world ignores things like the killing of Irish UN soldiers, for fear of being "anti-semitic" and for the political expediency of an ally who can wage proxy war against Iran. Palestine got screwed, but that's what happens when you lose wars. Like the American Indians, they lost their land to a superior force, and they aren't going to get it back as they remain a greatly inferior force with no real hope of foreign allies to tip the balance. Hamas continue to fight a war they can't win instead of excepting their "reservations" like good Indians/Palestinians.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    There are no good guys in this fight,

Israel is civilization. The howling savages are against her.

Like the American Indians, they lost their land to a superior force,

If you mean inferior then yes, they lost.

they aren't going to get it back as they remain a greatly inferior force with no real hope of foreign allies to tip the balance.

The missles that Hamas is launching come from . . . ? Organic missle farms on the Gaza Strip, or Iran?

Hamas continue to fight a war they can't win

It is OK if the Nazis lose.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wonder if you fully grasp the level of poverty and lack of infrastructure in many parts of Palestine. Not everyone who wants to evacuate has the means to do so, and many are willing to risk being in a war zone vs being yet another refugee.

Yes, they have a critical lack of infrastructure, because they use the foreign aid given to the for the purpose to acquire weapons. Deliberately gathering around the declared target itself rather than staying home tends to make the 'we would leave but don't have the means' argument appear pretty hard to defend. Besides, it isn't like they have to be refugees. Israel declares a target a few hours in advance. Start walking. When you hear the big KABOOM! count to 50. If you don't hear any more explosions, start walking home.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Israel is civilization. The howling savages are against her.

Riiiight. Well, at least your upfront about your prejudice in this thread. The nice friendly cultured Jews vs the sinister savage Muslim masses.

Of course they are against "her" when "she" resides on lands taken from them, and continues to do so. Its the same reason the Indians were against us. We took some, then we kept taking, and what deals we made we broke at our own whim. Why would you not be against someone doing that to your people? Its cool, though, as we were civilization and they were howling savages. Hardly people at all, really, just like you view Muslims. We just need a good old fashioned genocide so civilization can spread some more.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yes, they have a critical lack of infrastructure, because they use the foreign aid given to the for the purpose to acquire weapons. Deliberately gathering around the declared target itself rather than staying home tends to make the 'we would leave but don't have the means' argument appear pretty hard to defend. Besides, it isn't like they have to be refugees. Israel declares a target a few hours in advance. Start walking. When you hear the big KABOOM! count to 50. If you don't hear any more explosions, start walking home.

Its that simple from behind a keyboard. It might be a bit different when you don't have to decide if you'll leave what little you have to the whims of those who stay behind, don't have to worry about if you'll be seen as a traitor by those who will be in power once the Jews go back home, when its not your homeland, when you aren't trying to make a living. Just lock your house, take the key, and wait to return. That's worked out well for the Palestinians before.

I guess playing on a beach is crowding around a declared target, right?

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    The current anti-Christian, anti-Jew regime is in bed with muslim bad guys. I can't wait to see where the country goes next election. I'd like to say it can't get much worse, but it could thanks to their actions and inactions. They have to know that muslims and commies are the greatest threat to the civilized world... but they act like they WANT the world to go to hell.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    ... the sinister savage Muslim masses.

You may not realize it, but that's exactly what they are. Christians and Jews would live side by side in peace with muslims if they could. muslims want Jews and Christians to be dead. They don't have tolerance for any different views.

If muslims are not dealt with, they will keep up the killing. The muslims have a dedication to this fight like no other force the world has ever seen. Realize that the worlds governments gave Israel that land legally, and God gave them that land long ago. Many lines on the map were redrawn following WWII. Deal with it, or face the threat of WWIII. I ain't ready for that yet. WWIII will see a dramatic increase in terrorist activity... not just abroad, but here as well. The new face of war is very asymmetrical.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Hardly people at all, really, just like you view Muslims. We just need a good old fashioned genocide so civilization can spread some more.

Those that preach genocide have a name and that name is Hamas.

Certainly not all Muslims endorse Hamas, but Israel is not fighting all Muslims as it did earlier in its history (you know, because it was attacked). However, Hamas is the target and the enemy of any civilized people.

There is nothing wrong with shooting the maniacs whether they call themselves Nazis or Hamas.

guess playing on a beach is crowding around a declared target, right?

Wrong thread. You want the thread where people are blaming the Malaysian airline passengers for being 35K feet over Ukraine.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    oldfish15
    Top Bottom