• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I doubt the republican party cares that much about which party wins the presidency, as long as the wheel keeps on turning. They know there will always be next time.

i agree! i think they are all in cahoots together! as long as they keep getting paid and get the perks they dont really care, they will drive this country right into the apocalypse!

jake

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Iran said that? When? Where? do you have references? I cannot find it anywheres all im sayin
    I've never ready any reports where Iran has threatened to destroy the US with nuclear weapons.

They have made comments about Israel, namely those made by their leader (who is in political trouble himself and isn't all that popular according to news reports). Later, these comments were either retracted or denied. Iran has made threats against Israel and Turkey if they were to be attacked by Israel or the US.

As for how to deal with Iran, it's not our problem. They have no way to attack us with nukes and they've made no threats to do so. They aren't the first country we're at odds with to go nuclear and they won't be the last. Getting all bent out of shape over their nuclear program is pointless, and it's certainly not worth sparking a regional war over. You would think "conservatives" would have had a belly full of wars by now, but apparently they haven't.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I've never ready any reports where Iran has threatened to destroy the US with nuclear weapons.

They have made comments about Israel, namely those made by their leader (who is in political trouble himself and isn't all that popular according to news reports). Later, these comments were either retracted or denied. Iran has made threats against Israel and Turkey if they were to be attacked by Israel or the US.

As for how to deal with Iran, it's not our problem. They have no way to attack us with nukes and they've made no threats to do so. They aren't the first country we're at odds with to go nuclear and they won't be the last. Getting all bent out of shape over their nuclear program is pointless, and it's certainly not worth sparking a regional war over. You would think "conservatives" would have had a belly full of wars by now, but apparently they haven't.

i agree and yet i dont, i guess i'm somewhat conflicted and here is why. beings as the president of Iran and all of his religious people around him want to bring about the end of the world and the second coming of the mullah doesnt this concern us? isnt this a threat? isnt this our problem? i dont know! but this crazy guys rhetoric is pretty scary.

jake

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Obama came right out and said it. He sees the United States of America as "fundamentally flawed"

Enough said

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    At which point does it then become our problem?

I would certainly wish to prevent a problem with those fanatics, as well as take the fight to them, rather than deal with an attack here after the fact.
    So we should attack every country we don't like or that doesn't like us out of fear of what they *might* do? You do realize we would be in a perpetual state of war, right?

Let's pretend Iran got nukes tomorrow. First, they've never threatened us. Secondly, they have no way to deliver them to our shores. They aren't a threat to us. The only way they would even consider targeting us is if we did something stupid like attacked them unprovoked.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    You read my post but it would seem you didn't understand it.

If Paul isn't on the ballot, which he won't be unless he makes a 3rd party run, there's not a whole lot you can do to change it. You can make snarky comments on the Internet though, that's always helpful.

Even people that should get along resort to nonsensical partisan behavior when it comes election time.

Yes, I can always make snarky comments.

I can also donate to the campaign and work the phone banks.

I've had my fill of candidates that do not represent me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    So we should attack every country we don't like or that doesn't like us out of fear of what they *might* do? You do realize we would be in a perpetual state of war, right?

Let's pretend Iran got nukes tomorrow. First, they've never threatened us. Secondly, they have no way to deliver them to our shores. They aren't a threat to us. The only way they would even consider targeting us is if we did something stupid like attacked them unprovoked.

WTF??? Are you kidding? That statement is not in purple so I assume you were serious. REALLY?

So, we've completely secured our borders huh? Ever heard of "suit-case nukes"? One could walk across our borders today, or tomorrow, if it didn't yesterday.

What planet are you living on?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    [/B]

WTF??? Are you kidding? That statement is not in purple so I assume you were serious. REALLY?

So, we've completely secured our borders huh? Ever heard of "suit-case nukes"? One could walk across our borders today, or tomorrow, if it didn't yesterday.

For the love of god people.... can you PLEASE start using references?

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Okay my dear sheeple, there are no political parties any longer and haven't been in my lifetime. They play for the same team and it's not ours. The only reason we are even still lead to believe they are different is to make us feel as though we have a choice.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Iran's complicity with Nazi Germany, the taking of the American hostages, their export of terrorism around the world, and their recent threat of closing the Straight of Hormuz are examples of Iran's threats to the world.

I suggest that you look to history and reexamine your beliefs.
    Ummm, what about OUR involvement with Nazi Germany? Are you aware that the German Nazis were brought here before the end of WWII to set up the UN, IMF, CFR, etc....? Yup, all design of the Nazis. I suggest YOU look at history.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    [/B]

What planet are you living on that you think Iran has developed "suit case nukes". I think someone watches too many movies.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Iran's complicity with Nazi Germany, the taking of the American hostages, their export of terrorism around the world, and their recent threat of closing the Straight of Hormuz are examples of Iran's threats to the world.

I suggest that you look to history and reexamine your beliefs.
    You want to justify war against Iran because of things that happened in WWII or in 1979? Seriously? That's reaching even for the most devout hawk.

Yes, they do support terrorism as do many countries. Are you proposing we go to war with everyone that does? I've yet to hear our government threatening Iran with war over anything related to that.

As for the Straight of Hormuz, they're threatening to close it because of sanctions. Sanctions kill their people. We're imposing sanctions on them for doing what we've done, and what most of our allies have done - that being developed nuclear weapons. What gives us the right to kill Iranian citizens or dictate to them what they can or can't do with their military?

How do you think we would respond if the UN slapped sanctions on us for having nukes? What do you think we would do once our citizens started dying under them? We would probably make a few threats too... Hell, we would probably just attack people.

Iran has made no threats against us, certainly not in the last couple of decades.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Blame the CIA, they created the Data Base (al queda) of all the radical muslim terrorists they trained to fight the soviets...hundreds of thousands of them...then decided to keep them around for future use against the warnings of the Pakis who assisted and still play a HUGE role....

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    In 1997, former Russian National Security Adviser Alexandr Lebed alleged that up to 100 portable bombs that looked like suitcases were unaccounted since the 1991 Soviet political breakup, stating that the devices have an explosive capacity of one kiloton.

"Suitcase" Bomb | Fox News
    You do realize that's Russia you're talking about, right? We're talking about Iran making it's FIRST nukes. They can just barely pull that off, they're not at the miniaturization stage yet and likely won't be in our life time.

Do you realize how difficult it is to miniaturize nukes to make them "backpack" sized?

I used to work within the US nuclear weapons program during the late 80's and early 90's and even within our community "backpack nukes" were only theorized to exist and were never proven to exist.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    You do realize that's Russia you're talking about, right? We're talking about Iran making it's FIRST nukes. They can just barely pull that off, they're not at the miniaturization stage yet and likely won't be in our life time.

Do you realize how difficult it is to miniaturize nukes to make them "backpack" sized?

I used to work within the US nuclear weapons program during the late 80's and early 90's and even within our community "backpack nukes" were only theorized to exist and were never proven to exist.
    So where are those 100 missing russian nukes? I doubt Iran has them or Israel would be a steaming crater already but still, where are they?

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So where are those 100 missing russian nukes? I doubt Iran has them or Israel would be a steaming crater already but still, where are they?
    We don't have any proof they actually exist. But even if they do, that's way off topic for this thread I believe.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    One more thing about the nukes.

Let's pretend they do exist and a 3rd world country got their hands on one or two. Do you know what's involved with maintaining a nuclear weapon? It's not something you make and set on a shelf until you need it. They require constant service. Some components have very short service lives. To keep them viable requires quite a bit of regular maintenance. Many of the Russian nukes from the Cold War era weren't in serviceable condition, even they couldn't maintain their arsenal.

Top Bottom