• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've never seen an OCer outside of 1 in Arizona a few years ago. If we start to see a few around here it can help all of us.

Think about this. Every non-LEO security officer in
    Indiana who carries a handgun legally,does it under
    the same law all of us do. So do you have reason to
    change your above statement?

Thanks

Mark
    What? :dunno:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Your report neglected to detail how many children burst into flame upon seeing someone not in a blue or brown polyester uniform carrying a pistol.

Please advise how many children burst into flame for an optimal report.
    Just saw one child. She was maybe 10 and was with her dad. Very tender scene (I have two lovely daughters and five beautiful grand daughters.) I had a Serpa retention holster so I knew if she went for it I could pin her arm and pummel her pretty good with my strong arm :) Dad did nod at me and was plenty close enough to see the pistol. I was saying to myself to him, "dummy. Be able to protect that little girl."

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I've never seen an OCer outside of 1 in Arizona a few years ago. If we start to see a few around here it can help all of us.QUOTE]

Think about this. Every non-LEO security officer in
    Indiana who carries a handgun legally,does it under
    the same law all of us do. So do you have reason to
    change your above statement?

Thanks

Mark
    Mark, I see your point. I guess I was alluding to the fact of seeing a "citizen" carrying and not a security guy as part of his job. Thanks. (BTW, the guy in Arizona was cross carrying a beautiful chromed Bisley style revolver with shiny black pearl grips.)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I haven't seen much. Maybe if there were more people would see non-cops carrying.

That wouldn't change anything.
    A security guard in uniform with a badge carrying a gun is not shocking for the people.That's still an authority figure like a LEO, with a uniform.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Sorry you misread it. I thought it was apparent that my intention was to invite more people to OC for the cause of education. I didn't ask for an "event." I plainly spoke to individuals to consider being seen in a very specific way. If you OC, fine. But my intention was to go out of the way, in a normal way, to be seen to have "the public" get more comfortable with firearms. I've never seen an OCer outside of 1 in Arizona a few years ago. If we start to see a few around here it can help all of us. I was on the greenbelt path today. What good does it do me to do the same route every week and be seen several times by the same people? But if different people, one at a time, are seen it will appear more a normal thing than a staged event. Understand?
    Yo, Mr. Hoover. Sorry if I sounded like I was jumping in your s***. My point is even if you OC, at this particular time it is very good for those on white alert (Oh, look at the pretty flowers. Gosh, a puppy dog) to see some real people with firearms. By strutting I mean going a little out of the way to be seen. I even looped back on the bike path today just to "nonchalantly" go slowly past a couple women to give them a second look since my gun was on the opposite side when I passed them the first time. I was just casually looking at a tow and barges going up-river and, gosh, my gun was probably easily visible. I didn't mean to swagger into a store and clear your throat to announce your armed presence. Peace, brother;)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Great thread! Good start too! Ok my turn:

Tonight the wife and I OC'd at Wesselman Woods during our walk with Colt. I don't really pay attention to who sees it anymore but no strange events happened while we were there.

We need to recruit WebHobbit, DustyDawg, SCOwens, Mudcat, etc. etc. Come on guys! Join the fun!

BDBHoover

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    Northside Indianapolis
    Yo, Mr. Hoover. Sorry if I sounded like I was jumping in your s***. My point is even if you OC, at this particular time it is very good for those on white alert (Oh, look at the pretty flowers. Gosh, a puppy dog) to see some real people with firearms. By strutting I mean going a little out of the way to be seen. I even looped back on the bike path today just to "nonchalantly" go slowly past a couple women to give them a second look since my gun was on the opposite side when I passed them the first time. I was just casually looking at a tow and barges going up-river and, gosh, my gun was probably easily visible. I didn't mean to swagger into a store and clear your throat to announce your armed presence. Peace, brother;)

I was under the impression that you were doing as you were saying here
    swagger into a store and clear your throat to announce your armed presence
    but I misinterpreted..... I see it as, yes get the public's attention when it comes to OC to let the masses know that law abiding civilians are carrying as well as LEO but at the same time parading it IMO isn't the best way to go about things..... I'm not knocking your tactics when it comes to this by any means it's just not how I would do so.... I OC everywhere I go.... I have had many people comment on my OCing but I have informed them that chances are that anywhere in public that they go.... There is an armed civilian or 2 amongst them..... Whether they are concealed carrying or open carrying.... I train OC there for I OC.....

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    It wasn't two hours ago that I said I would like to start OCing, but I'm relucant in the fact that I have never seen a non-LEO OC in my neck of the woods (I live in Newburgh).
    I haven't seen a single person carry in this area outside of the Patriots meetings or gun shops either. I don't feel totally comfortable yet and no one has commented or challenged me so I need to get that under my belt. Try a really public place like a convience store where your explanation of not wanting to be caught in a hold up would make somebody see your point. Why not do the bike path ride in Eville? I am going to repeat it in a couple weeks on a Sunday and hope there are a lot of people around. I'll be in Chicago this Sunday and maybe Gatlinburg next but I want to do it before the weather gets too cold. Aren't there some trails around Angel Mounds? Kind of funny but I may be going to the health food store by Castle Jr. High tomorrow and may OC in there. I'll see how real tree huggers react. I'll also be going to a west side E'ville CVS that I haven't carried into yet and the Royal Wesselmans grocery on Fulton to return some bad milk. That store has off duty armed POs evenings but I'll be there during the day. Wouldn't it be cool if enough of us "just happen" to be seen OCing around the area that a lot of people can comment in a month or so when Titanium Frosts' suit hits the courts that they have seen a MWAG and feel more comfortable with it?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Great thread! Good start too! Ok my turn:

Tonight the wife and I OC'd at Wesselman Woods during our walk with Colt. I don't really pay attention to who sees it anymore but no strange events happened while we were there.

We need to recruit WebHobbit, DustyDawg, SCOwens, Mudcat, etc. etc. Come on guys! Join the fun!
    TF, you are an inspiration. When I rode the greenway this Summer I CCd in an ankle holster. After I rode the trail I went up Main street and criss crossed around the downtown a little. I was too pooped to do that today and the traffic was starting to pick up but next time I'll just concentrate on the river front then head up Main. There are several sidewalk cafe type places and it ought to be good viewing for patrons to see an OCr pedaling up the street. Maybe I'll wave to the mayor and thank him for the arena that nobody wants.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I haven't seen a single person carry in this area outside of the Patriots meetings or gun shops either. I don't feel totally comfortable yet and no one has commented or challenged me so I need to get that under my belt. Try a really public place like a convience store where your explanation of not wanting to be caught in a hold up would make somebody see your point. Why not do the bike path ride in Eville? I am going to repeat it in a couple weeks on a Sunday and hope there are a lot of people around. I'll be in Chicago this Sunday and maybe Gatlinburg next but I want to do it before the weather gets too cold. Aren't there some trails around Angel Mounds? Kind of funny but I may be going to the health food store by Castle Jr. High tomorrow and may OC in there. I'll see how real tree huggers react. I'll also be going to a west side E'ville CVS that I haven't carried into yet and the Royal Wesselmans grocery on Fulton to return some bad milk. That store has off duty armed POs evenings but I'll be there during the day. Wouldn't it be cool if enough of us "just happen" to be seen OCing around the area that a lot of people can comment in a month or so when Titanium Frosts' suit hits the courts that they have seen a MWAG and feel more comfortable with it?

That health food store will turn a blind-eye to your gun regardless of their beliefs...They need your business.

On your way home, stop by Wal-Mart, walk around for a few minutes and let me know how it goes.

After I find the right OWB holster, I'll start OCing one of my 1911s(I just started looking today for the right holster).

Top Bottom