• Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    So let's see
    1) you lose your job
    2) you hire an atty to fight the evict because you are just behind on the homeowner fees and lose
    3) you girlfriend leaves you
    4) your credit cards are 6K in the whole with no way to pay them
    5) you get kick out of the only place you call home
    6) you have 80K in debt over the lost court case

So what do you have left?
    You corner an animals don't expect that animal to go quietly into the afterlife
    Not sure how any of that is the officer's fault.

Lots of people in much worse shape not going around killing cops.

There's no justification for this, so please don't even appear to defend this guy.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not sure how any of that is the officer's fault.

Lots of people in much worse shape not going around killing cops.

There's no justification for this, so please don't even appear to defend this guy.
    Justify... :rofl:
    You corner any animal and better expect that animal will fight for its life and not care about anything else.
    If you don't have this mindset then the results are danger to those that go near that cornered animal.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    You corner any animal and better expect that animal will fight for its life and not care about anything else.
    If you don't have this mindset then the results are danger to those that go near that cornered animal.

So which of you are the "animals"?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    An evicted human is a cornered animal? We're to believe this was all on instinct?

My family literally lost the farm when I was a kid. That meant not only losing our home, but also the source of income for the family. We moved into a rental single wide, then my grandfather built a house out of an old single wide trailer, sawmill rough cut lumber, used windows and doors from a demolished house, and we moved in. No running water, no telephone, wood stove, no AC. When "cornered" he adapted, adjusted, and overcame. He built us a new life, one small step after another. We are not animals, and we make our own decisions.

Putting his situation up to help understand his mindset, I understand. Using it to paint the outcome as unavoidable or to try and make it "society's fault" is where you and I differ greatly.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So which of you are the "animals"?

Sadly Denny347 every human being is/can become an animal. :(
    At our core mankind is nothing more then an animal. Viscous at times, kind at times, logical and illogical as well but always an animal.
    We have been killing each other for thousands of years, even before written history and that will never change.
    Those that choose to ignore this sadly can get hurt in the process.

I wonder if you and the other police on this board would be so up in arms if that guy would have shoot and killed the management of that condo had they tried and get him out of there instead of sending the officers to do it. Would your level of emotions be the same? This is not a "hit" to you but more an observation on the emotional/physiological aspect of our members of one group being mad/griefing since it was one of your members that was injured. For example if it was an attorney that would have die would you be so up in arms? Or would the "INGO ATTYs" be up in arms about it?

Is it SOP to enter an condo that does not have any power to do a search of it?
    Looking at it post-event I'm sure we can say why not wait to have the power resorted to remove that advantage from the person inside.
    Or was it that the police did not suspect that the guy was no longer there? Even though this was not the first time they had seen him there?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I wonder if you and the other police on this board would be so up in arms if that guy would have shoot and killed the management of that condo had they tried and get him out of there instead of sending the officers to do it.

Remember this thread? https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ense/324014-craigslist-deal-turns-deadly.html

and about the same time, this one:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...begging*-you-stop-carrying-empty-chamber.html

I see this multiple times a week, sometimes daily depending on the season. Today it was a young man who learned a valuable lesson about playing with a handgun while pointing it at his feet, no criminal history, not a bad kid, just dumb about gun safety. Sometimes its a husband shot in the head while on the phone with his wife. Sometimes its a father shot trying to get something nice for his kids that he couldn't otherwise afford. Some get more sympathy from me than others. All get my best effort. I don't know what "up in arms" means to you, but that young man killed in the Craigslist transaction was one of the worst for me in a looong time that didn't involve a child. Does that answer your question?

The whole "people are just animals" is what the anti-gunners say. That you'll get angry and you can't control yourself, so you go off. You can't control yourself, and you have an easy tool for killing right at your disposal. Is that true? If so, that whole gun control agenda may just make more sense than we're willing to admit.

Or, is it possible that some people just suck at life. They can't cope with setbacks, they decide they are justified in taking it out on "society" since "society" turned its back on them? That they are not lashing out in instinctive ways, but justifying it in their own head, twisting facts to fit their world view, and with their own internal logic making themselves the good guy in their little narrative? No, his actions are very human. An animal forced out of its den would find a new den.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    They obviously didnt know the level of force they were up against, or else they would have escalated the amount they brought, even then, it could have still ended this way.. Its the possibility that all cops are faced with, and many times, the reason they behave the way so many people hate them for. Its a bad deal, and at the end of the day, people should all be outraged. The man took another mans life, because HE didnt want to move out a house!!!!

Selfish *******, Im glad hes dead. Im just pissed he took someone else out with him. If his life was so bad, he should have just ****ing shot himself and did the world a favor.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Saying he was cornered is all bullcrap. I've been behind the 8 ball and i didn't kill anybody. I didn't steal a penny. I pulled myself up, by myself, without any help.

I found myself homeless once upon a time, living in my car. I sold plasma for food money. I ate one rally burger a day and drank a lot of water. I took showers and did my laundry at a truck stop. Eventually I got a cash job digging swimming pools and an apartment with another guy I worked with. Then I got a better job. Then a better job. Then a better job. Now I make 6 figures (a little less this year unfortunately), have a 4 bedroom house, a wife and 3 kids. So I really don't want to hear how this guy's sob story made him a killer. That's crap.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I said it once, I'll say it again.

You are doing a great job of trying to justify the ****bird's actions.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sadly Denny347 every human being is/can become an animal. :(
    At our core mankind is nothing more then an animal. Viscous at times, kind at times, logical and illogical as well but always an animal.
    We have been killing each other for thousands of years, even before written history and that will never change.
    Those that choose to ignore this sadly can get hurt in the process.
    You do not have to tell me what humans are capable of, I'm the one called to deal with it. I've forgotten more horrific crime scenes I've worked than 99% of the population will ever see on TV. Animals are much less gratuitous and depraved than humans about killing. Nature has an order/purpose that animals follow. We humans do not. We would better off if we acted more like wildlife.

I wonder if you and the other police on this board would be so up in arms if that guy would have shoot and killed the management of that condo had they tried and get him out of there instead of sending the officers to do it. Would your level of emotions be the same? This is not a "hit" to you but more an observation on the emotional/physiological aspect of our members of one group being mad/griefing since it was one of your members that was injured. For example if it was an attorney that would have die would you be so up in arms? Or would the "INGO ATTYs" be up in arms about it?
    I generally do not get emotionally involved in the crime scenes I work. Not for a lack of caring but rather emotional survival. I'd be in a really bad place if I took these homicides personally. Officers, as a group, share a DEEP bond with one another that transcends jurisdictional boundaries. We form this bond with the knowledge that we will always come to the aid of another officer in need of help. Whether it is off-duty or even in another state. Those that will not are shunned and not considered a brother...there are always those few. There are few (notice I did not say NO) professions that can claim the same thing. That bond is what keeps us close and causes so much pain when one of our brother or sister officers gets murdered in the line of duty.
    Is it SOP to enter an condo that does not have any power to do a search of it?
    Looking at it post-event I'm sure we can say why not wait to have the power resorted to remove that advantage from the person inside.
    Or was it that the police did not suspect that the guy was no longer there? Even though this was not the first time they had seen him there?
    I have absolutely no idea the answer to that. There is not a SOP for every action we take for decision we make. Most of what we do is thinking on our feet and trying to make the best decisions with the information we have at the time. 90% or what we do has no "right or wrong" answers as a single run can be handled in many different fashions. It's the nature of our business.

Top Bottom