• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Has anyone seen an article about this?
    I did. Forget the source, but it’s easy to google. Cops called on a domestic. Guy runs into house and grabs a go-bag full of ammo, a .300 BLK, a 5.56, and a .45. Starts shooting at cops. There were several different angles from body cams. Cops returned fire. Officer Legend rolls up all pissed off that he just got his free coffee from the gas station and hasn’t had time to enjoy it yet. His shift is ending in 15 minutes and his wife said it is sexy night tonight. Officer Legend mutters under his breath something about play stupid games win stupid prizes. Shot fired. Game over. Coffee is still hot, and wife isn’t sleepy yet. It’s a good day.

* some parts of this story may have been embellished for effect.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I’m a little torn,
    the bad guy is down…good
    great shot…..good

he couldn’t get closer for a more certain shot? Lots of things between them, easy shot to miss and take the chance of where the round goes.

regardless, good outcome
    I guess you missed the rifle rounds being fired when he first got out of his car.

I know you are new here, but with your comment you already fit right in.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I notice that the clown who is always in these threads wailing "tHeY nEeD tO gO tO tHe rAnGe" is notably absent.

:):

Would love to see the service record of those whining about red dot mounts.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I did. Forget the source, but it’s easy to google. Cops called on a domestic. Guy runs into house and grabs a go-bag full of ammo, a .300 BLK, a 5.56, and a .45. Starts shooting at cops. There were several different angles from body cams. Cops returned fire. Officer Legend rolls up all pissed off that he just got his free coffee from the gas station and hasn’t had time to enjoy it yet. His shift is ending in 15 minutes and his wife said it is sexy night tonight. Officer Legend mutters under his breath something about play stupid games win stupid prizes. Shot fired. Game over. Coffee is still hot, and wife isn’t sleepy yet. It’s a good day.

See…now I was wondering about the lack of curb stomping the corpse and now I understand he had a time crunch he was under. ;)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You have a 180 yard range to demonstrate how it should have been done?

I do.

He did fine...just saying 180 yds is not some great distance with support and optics. 200 yds with iron sights on a long gun is pretty routine.

Now granted, that's without some jackass shooting back with a pistol, but that's where 200 yds helps.

Last edited:

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county

I heard she had a headache though.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I do.

He did fine...just saying 180 yds is not some great distance with support and optics. 200 yds with iron sights on a long gun is pretty routine.

Now granted, that's without some jackass shooting back with a pistol, but that's where 200 yds helps.
    Considering the average officers that carry patrol rifles don't regularly train at distances greater than 50 yards, I say it was impressive.

Edited to add: the guy was armed with a rifle and shooting at officers, not a pistol.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Considering the average officers that carry patrol rifles don't regularly train at distances greater than 50 yards, I say it was impressive.

Edited to add: the guy was armed with a rifle and shooting at officers, not a pistol.

Perhaps.

I suspect the majority of long gun shooters here could do 200 routinely,

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Perhaps.

I suspect the majority of long gun shooters would not be calmly responding, voice normal on the radio, and unhurriedly dropping an active shooter. I suspect most would sound like a mouse who's parachute wouldn't open and some level of buck fever. I also suspect it was not this guy's first rodeo.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Perhaps.

I agree. There are some fantastic long gun shooters on INGO. But said shooters aren't practicing their marksmanship whilst being shot at by a person with a rifle of similar capabilities. But we'll just keep arguing about whether it was an impressive shot or not, and not get anything accomplished.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I agree. There are some fantastic long gun shooters on INGO. But said shooters aren't practicing their marksmanship whilst being shot at by a person with a rifle of similar capabilities. But we'll just keep arguing about whether it was an impressive shot or not, and not get anything accomplished.
    Not arguing. The distance was nothing extraordinary.

Now, the control under the situation? Sure.

Top Bottom